PDA

View Full Version : Tr Flight

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 12:12
This is the flight for TR 2/3/4.
OK, I downloaded the Winzip folder. Now what?

Neteru
12-12-04, 14:51
I don't know what you mean Anubis. What is it, where'd you get it?

cloud
12-12-04, 15:04
might mean downloaded the entire games compressed with winrar maybe......

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 15:29
From [Mod Edit]Stella's site.
Tomb Raiders.net

[ 12. December 2004, 16:04: Message edited by: Neteru ]

Neteru
12-12-04, 16:05
Best not to post a direct link to a download (bandwidth theft). ;)

From the readme that comes with the file you downloaded:

# Get the latest Tomb Raider update. The patch won't work with old versions.

# Put trflight.exe in the same directory as the Tomb Raider executable (tombX.exe, where X is 2, 3, or 4), and run it. When prompted, press a key that you haven't assigned to any other function in the game.

# Run tombXcheat.exe, which was created in the previous step. To enter the cheat mode, press the key you chose earlier. To return to normal, press the "walk" key (Shift by default).

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 16:37
Thanks Neteru, butg I read that. I just didn't understand. I thought u may tell it to me in a more understandable way.

Neteru
12-12-04, 16:51
Get the latest Tomb Raider update. The patch won't work with old versions.Simply advising that you need to have the latest version of the Tomb Raider executable (.exe) that you want to use the flight patch for.

Put trflight.exe in the same directory as the Tomb Raider executable (tombX.exe, where X is 2, 3, or 4), and run it. When prompted, press a key that you haven't assigned to any other function in the game.In the zip you have downloaded you find the executable trflight.exe Extract this executable to the folder that contains the Tomb Raider executable you want to use it with. If it is Tomb Raider 2 for example, place it in the C:\Program Files\Core Design\Tomb Raider II\ folder. Then click it. You will be prompted to press a key NOT already allocated for use in the game (like Shift, or CTRL is already used). When you do this, it will create the following executable in the same folder:

Run tombXcheat.exe, which was created in the previous step. To enter the cheat mode, press the key you chose earlier. To return to normal, press the "walk" key (Shift by default).Without doing it myself, I suspect (if using the TR2 as example) that you will have a new executable in your TR2 folder tomb2cheat.exe and clicking that will run the game and you will be able to use the key you picked in the previous step to activate flight.

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 17:01
OK I understood all except how to update a version. DO you know? :confused:

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 17:17
It keeps giving me this, so I guess my version is old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Anubis_AF/Problem%20Screenies/Wrong.jpg

BTW: I'm guessing it says Try Again.

But when i try to update it like it says in the readme page, I get this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Anubis_AF/Problem%20Screenies/Error.jpg

Neteru
12-12-04, 17:39
Both the TLR patches available HERE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html) are 790528 bytes.

So download one or both to try, and extract the tomb4.exe to your TR4 directory, replacing the one already there. Then run this patch thing again.

[ 12. December 2004, 17:41: Message edited by: Neteru ]

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 17:49
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Anubis_AF/Smileyz/thankyou.gif

Anubis_AF
12-12-04, 18:05
Another problem.
The patch worked greatly. I selected letter A since it isn't used in TR 4.
But I can't move forward! Or even use the forward arrow in the game. Help! :confused:

Anubis_AF
13-12-04, 20:49
Anyone? :confused:

Joseph
13-12-04, 20:57
OK. Since noone else reacts. I didn't ever use this flight cheat. Can you simply explain to me exactly what you want it to do, and how you tried but what is exactly the problem. :confused:

Neteru
13-12-04, 20:58
The patch may not work with non-English versions of the game.

If you are in a strange state when you enter the cheat mode (for example, in the middle of a jump, or being attacked by an animal) you will sometimes remain "frozen" in that state until you exit the cheat mode again.

Flight mode does not work at all in some levels. (Maybe levels without any water?) Various strange things will happen if you press the cheat key in these levels.Short answer, it's not guaranteed to work.

Anubis_AF
13-12-04, 21:26
OK, thanks both.