PDA

View Full Version : Pop up ads!! Help please!!

nestor tomb raider
15-12-04, 16:48
Hey all!!! I'm having problem with pop up ads. They appear when I'm online and also when I'm offline. What can I do? I have Search and Destroy but it doesn't help. Please, I need help. Thanks.

Neteru
15-12-04, 17:00
Do you have Spybot S & D version 1.3? and are the program reference files updated? Also do you have Adaware SE (that is, version 1.05) with updated reference file?

What are the results of scans with these programs?

As this and similar problems seems to occur for you frequently, I think you have to be a good deal more careful about the sites you surf to, what you download and the programs you install.

There are other programs that can be used to clean your system, but I'd prefer if you tried with those mentioned first before trying these other programs.

[ 15. December 2004, 19:00: Message edited by: Neteru ]

Joseph
15-12-04, 17:53
Hello Net. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif Yes, i linked him to the latest versions of these programs in the other thread, lately. And also to SpywareBlaster.

Nestor, you have to RUN the programs (but first let them check for updates), and delete the bad stuff they find. You first have to remove these before you can have advantage of:
SpywareBlaster. And, it is best for you to set it to 'start up with Windows'. Always check for updates too. And Enable all protection. Study these programs a bit.

I guess you don't have Windows XP? With SP2? Because you would have a popup blocker in Internet Explorer.
What you could do also is install the Google search bar (instead of your Yahoo one), it has a popup blocker too.

[ 15. December 2004, 18:54: Message edited by: joseph ]

Neteru
15-12-04, 18:03
Hi Joseph. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif Yeah, need to check that first before I can consider any results as valid. I'd just rather make sure before having to move on to the more complicted programs (or, at least, more involved).