PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Smith will Suffice
25-12-04, 09:06
hey guys,

i need some help.

okay heres the deal :

i downloaded a video file from something like kazaa and it went to my C drive. thats where i have the destination to once things download. wel it turns out that the video file is like corrupt or something....so now when i try to delete it, it says:

THAT THE FILE IM TRYING TO DELETE IS BEING USED BY ANOTHER PERSON OR PROGRAM and to quit those programs first.

the thing is, its not being used by any other programs, i have checked ENDLESSLY....its no use, no matter what i do i cant get rid of this file. i REALLy need help!

its really bothering me because everytime i go to my downloads section in the C drive, it like freezes and goes alll stupid...ARGHH!!!

can anyone help?

it would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Smith

tlr online
25-12-04, 09:09
Every time you click on this file, Windows tried to extract information from the AVI. While doing this, Windows locks the file. When this happens to me, I use CUTEFTP PRO (my FTP client) to delete the file. This, I might add, is one of the most annoying features of Windows. My suggestion. Reboot to DOS, rename the file to some silly extension (i.e. *.hdhdh) and then boot back into Windows. Then navigate using Explorer and delete the file for good.

tlr online
25-12-04, 09:10
I almost forgot the most important thing. Merry Christmas Agent Smith! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Neteru
25-12-04, 09:19
In your Explorer window, make sure the Details box on the left pane is closed, and make sure the View on the right click is NOT set to Thumbnails. If it is, you get a little Thumbnail view of the film, which means the file is in use by the system. Having it set this way also stalls your PC if you have a number of films in that folder, as windows has to read them all first to show the thumbnail, before you can do anything else.