PDA

View Full Version : Printer spooling!

SpArKy
30-12-04, 12:08
Right everytime i got to print a certain document off, it always says it is spooling, which is fine, as i read somewhere on the tinternet that it holds prints back that may take some time.

But what i need to know is how on earth do i get it to print?

Neteru
30-12-04, 13:35
Bloody printers are a pain when this kind of thing happens. The job might just be too big I have found sometimes. But anyway, all I can suggest for now (as clicking print should just print it), check that you have the print spooler running in Sevices.

SpArKy
30-12-04, 14:08
I tried printing web pages etc, and they seem fine. I dont know how to check in the Services that its spooling?

Neteru
30-12-04, 14:25
You check in Services to see if the Print Spooler is running, not if it's spooling. Go to Start Menu/Run, type services.msc OK and run through the list to Print Spooler. If it's not running, right click and select Start.

SpArKy
30-12-04, 16:02
Word kinda crashes when i select print!

Hmm, and print spooling was set to automatic!

SpArKy
30-12-04, 16:04
God CPU is at 100% constantly while the printer is spooling but its seems to have crashed the word programme, i will have to End the task i think!

Simulation
30-12-04, 16:10
The the file you are printing contains some corruption this can cause the printer to bugger up.

Try printing a page at a time?

SpArKy
30-12-04, 16:11
Still no luck!

Joseph
30-12-04, 20:28
No, it is this probably: when your cpu is constanmtly at 100% in context with the printer, it is in a 'loop'. And this is because the wrong printerport is chosen. Open the Printers in Controi Panel. Select your printer. Rightclick on it and choose properties. Go to tab 'Ports'. Likely that Windows had automatically chosen a 'Dot'- port. Change it to 'LPT1 - printerport (the first on the list). Confirm with OK.
Maybe you must reboot (will not hurt anyway).
Tell me if this helps.