View Full Version : 4 questions
1. What exactly are cookies, what do they do, what are they for and why have I got millions of them in my C: Documents and Settings and can I safely delete them? :confused:
2. Where do find my Temporary Internet Files? :rolleyes:
3. How can I make the forum page fit on my screen so that I can read it without having to move it from left to right all the time? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif
4. For the first time since I am a forum member I had to log in tonight (normally I was logged in already when I came in from my "Favourites").
Why is that?
(I could not even remember my password and had to bother the "Postman" LOL)
Thank you for the answers http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif
2. Manager / Internet Connections / Delete cookies,... (i am translating from dutch right now).
3. You probably have a wrong screen resolution. Right-click on a empty space at your Desktop. Choose a higher resolution by sliding the bar a bit to the right.
4. ? Back in a minute
[ 03. February 2005, 22:20: Message edited by: joseph ]
Hi Gabi http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
1. Cookies are small text files that store information like your login name and password for some sites. They also store things like pages you have viewed on the site that set the cookie. I could explain so much more, but you'll find all the information you want to know at www.c**kiecentral.com (http://www.c**kiecentral.com) (you'll have to replace the asterisks with oo as I can't post otherwise) a good site to learn about cookies.
2. It depends upon your system and the browser you are using. For XP, and using IE, you'll find your TIF (Temporary Internet Files) folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" (where ***** is the name of your XP account). This will only be visible if you have your system set to show hidden files and folders (Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab/Show hidden files and folder radio button in the scroll down box. On Windows 98 with IE, the TIF folder is located on "C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files" If using Mozilla or Firefox with XP, it's cache is located in your profile file "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\'''''.slt\Cache" (where ***** is again the name of your XP account, and where '''''.slt is your randomly named profile folder).
3. Increase your screen resolution. Right click on Desktop and choose Properties/Settings tab and adjust accordingly.
4. You were automatically logged in because of the cookie from this site that contains your username and password. You had to input this information because you may have deleted the cookie. You'll understand more when you've read about cookies in answer 1.
Well Joseph ( http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif ) I have just spent ages trying to post my reply and it wouldn't let me because of a 'cookie tag' I was trying to find out where the problem was before I realised it was the link. :rolleyes: You snuck in there in the meantime :D
4. Or have you already deleted some cookies? Installed SP2? Some cookies may have been deleted automatically. Spybot S&D, clicked 'delete all'?
Hi Net! :D Where have you been so long? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
1. Will read through it all tomorrow.
2. Of course: HIDDEN foulders :rolleyes:
3. Successfully done!
4. Yep, I HAD already deleted some of the cookies. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif
What would I do without you??????? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif
5. : have a nice sleep, don't let cookies enter your dreams. ;) And perhaps seeya tomorrow, GABI. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif
Cookies for you:
Awww..thanks GABI! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif Net! Come here and have some. :D
I already did Joseph, didn't you notice there were so few left in the box? *burps* :D http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
Ahahaha!!! Net, you candy-snatcher! :D (<- - - btw: is that a word? i just made it up :confused: )
the rest is for me then! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-2.gif
snatcher? Yeah. Remember Invasion of the Body Snatchers? Well this is the Invasion of the Candy Snatcher. :D
*swipes another and runs away http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-2.gif
:mad: Now keep away from the box yes! http://joseph.tombraiderforums.com/Images/e040.gif
I would have thought that by now they have gone stale - have some pancakes instead: http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif
( I know I'm 2 days late, but pancakes are always nice)
You're just spoiling us Gabi http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Yes. But can you share this time, Net? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/whistle.gif
Here you go, the pancakes are still warm. ('forum' pancakes stay warm longer than real ones i guess. :D )
(duo-voce:) TThhaannkkss mmiiss GGAABBII, ccaann wwee hhaavvee ssoommee mmoorree pplleeaassee?? :D (*burp/*burp)
[ 11. February 2005, 02:13: Message edited by: joseph ]
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.