PDA

View Full Version : How Do you Create a Cutscene?

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-08-03, 02:35
I was wondering how do you create a cutscene if you know plz post. Just got done creating a quick level getting ready to create a series of levels. Thanks! :D :cool:

Titak
11-08-03, 13:12
Hi,

I've created some levels myself and I've always used flyby-camera-sequences to create a "Cutscene"

You can really make a lot of things happen by setting "heavy-triggers" beneath the camera's.
This depending on what you want to show in your cutscene.
For example you can set a trigger to make a baddy appear and run towards a door which he opens.
In order to make a trigger work you must press the "14"-button in the code-bit menu of the camera, then you can set a "heavy-trigger" beneath it.

Offcourse this isn't a real cutscene and you can't make Lara do stuff like in the real thing, but I think it comes close enough.

I don't know of a way to make the real thing.

Titak
11-08-03, 13:21
Hi again,

I just saw another topic on the forum about creating a cutscene. It's posted by Suavecooper2000.

The reply to that one speaks of using a CAD program to make Lara do things in a cutscene.
Maybe that will suit you better than my first reply!!

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-08-03, 13:47
Originally posted by Titak:
Hi again,

I just saw another topic on the forum about creating a cutscene. It's posted by Suavecooper2000.

The reply to that one speaks of using a CAD program to make Lara do things in a cutscene.
Maybe that will suit you better than my first reply!!Is the Cad Program on The Room Editor or is it a total seperate program that people use to make cutscenes?