PDA

View Full Version : STOP COMPLAINING

marcooleo
18-07-03, 08:37
Itīs amazing why so many people comes in here whining and complaining about this excellent game.
There are some bugs,i agree but except for that the game offers so much more than previous TR games, for an example the splendid graphics, Lara is now made of 5000 polygons instead of 500 in the earlier TR.
The ability to talk to people and choose answers is also great, makes a more realistic game.
I think this game is the hardest to beat of them all,and thats why many people are complaining
about "This and That".
Myself have experienced some bugs and have been stuck a lotīs of times but i didnīt give up! Thats the most important :D
So all you people playing this game;
Stay cool and donīt give up the game http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
So long all you Tombraiders out there

Ravenflot
18-07-03, 09:01
Yeah: maybe you're right! Thanks for cheer us up.
I was like you just yesterday afternoon but then i saw 3 bugs one after the other and i lost my faith ;)

The game remains great, graphic AMAZING for PC, the story cool and the character interesting too :D

Maybe when you use the gun it's hard to handle her movements... yeah: this could be the main thing i reproach 'em and i cannot ignore it [i'm ready to forget bugs too, but aiming...this not :( ]

Anyway... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/pistol.gif

Lara-is-my-rolemodel
18-07-03, 09:21
i am really happpy with the game, i don't care if she doesn't have double pistols, it would be nice if she did but i don't mind that they don'y work, but i am eally happy with the game.

chocco
18-07-03, 09:36
Nicely said Marcooleo http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

It is a great game and I'm glad that it is 'different' to the other Tomb Raiders.
Of course I love the other Tomb Raiders but as you can see for yourselves AOD is bigger and better than before.

The bugs haven't bothered me that much, in fact with them puts Lara in some funny positions.
In one level 'Strahov' after I loaded up the game Lara was standing there with this large piece of scaffolding pole sticking out of her mouth..She died as soon as I moved but that was hysterical.

Another part was when that metal equipment which was used to pick up the large crates in 'Strahov' well Lara was in crawl position on top of the machine and as it moved away from the crate she went up and was crawling around in mid air for a bit....funny :D ..

kangaxx
18-07-03, 09:37
marcooleo:
as far as i know this is a forum for TR:AOD. And its not a "DONT BLAME ABOUT AOD" forum>!!neither its a "JUST TALK GOOD ABOUT AOD" forum....get it!??
if some one needs or wants to came here and say something bad about the game,he have all the right to do that!...as you have the legit right to came here tell samething good about the game too!!
if you think AOD is great because of the good graphics and lara talking to ppl....GOOD! but you must remember that are more ppl in the world playing AOD and with diferent charachters from each other!i dont like AOD!but i fully respect your opinion about it!what its wrong is blaime about ppl just because they have another diferent idea.nobody have the right to blaime about someone for the way they think...if you dont agree with a idea,blaime just about the idea...but dont blaime nobody for that, friend!
i hope you can understend what i am trying to say because my english is very very bad...and some times i messed up with what i realy wanted to say! :(

[ 18. July 2003, 10:44: Message edited by: kangaxx ]

mrdamaged
18-07-03, 09:52
Itīs amazing why so many people comes in here whining and complaining about this excellent game.

if there are so many people complaining, maybe it's not so "excellent" after all...

There are some bugs,i agree but except for that the game offers so much more than previous TR games,

no, it doesn't. it really, really doesn't. no vehicles, no mansion, no precise controls, no complex level design, no replay value, etc.

The ability to talk to people and choose answers is also great, makes a more realistic game.

no it doesn't. if you choose the wrong answer, you don't get a weapon/item or even worse, you die.

I think this game is the hardest to beat of them all,and thats why many people are complaining

hardest to beat maybe because the controls are sloppy and not good? the people are complaining because this game is complete garbage and a waste of money. as a customer, you get a right to voice an opinion of what you buy.

TRelic
18-07-03, 11:06
I think I'll spend 249 on this game, despite all the bad reviews...

universaldave
18-07-03, 11:29
First off, the graphics are so much better than the earlier games but come on, that's a given, isn't it? The graphics SHOULD be as good as they are! The ability to talk and go through different paths just doesn't seem fully implemented in this game--it isn't what we were led to believe (and neither was the "upgrade" system). TR3 had different paths through levels too and I like that method better than different storylines anyway. As for difficulty this game is the easiest of all TR games! Simple tasks have been made more complicated, but the game is completely linear, has no real secrets like we're accustomed to, and the AI hasn't been improved either.
Honestly, I pray I never have to play the Tomb Raider game that some of you DON'T think is excellent! People apologize for this game like it's their antisocial child or something... :rolleyes:

croft28
18-07-03, 12:53
I have NO problems with the game, i hardly have any bugs except for a few tiny things here and there. Although the game is too short i still really enjpy it http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Diablos
18-07-03, 13:09
the game is ace its my fav outa the lot so far and its good to have a challenge again on tomb raider thats not boring (tomb raider 4, oh the pain) any ways if this game is good tomb 7 will b ace :D

whootje

SpArKy
18-07-03, 13:14
Well i have no problems with the game i think its great, the only thing i did notice os the lenght, i finished it so quick, compared to the other tombraider games, also i miss rope walking and being able to do a back flip and then spin round mid-air bu tapping the roll button. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

Highjinx
18-07-03, 13:15
Complain and be heard people!, don't be easily pleased........if you think this game in it's current state is worth the money you paid for it, then I have a nice new car to sell you for full retail price, it looks great from some angles, can be fun to drive, it breaks down every 3days, and needs servicing every five. But seriously, I wouldn't be happy with a game till it was 95% ok, AOD is maybe 60%. If we say 60% is ok, they will keep on giving us 60%, if we demand 95%, they will give us 95%.
Who here wouldn't like a totally immersive game that grabs you by your shoulders and pulls you in, raises your pulse, gets your adrenalin flowing and your brain ticking over at a zillion thoughts an hour and you only stop playing when YOU decide to, the alternative is the current release of AOD that locks up & dumps the player back to the desktop every so often! Complain and DEMAND PERFECTION at least near perfection!

marcooleo
18-07-03, 14:07
Maybe i didnīt make myself clear, I donīt want to generalize anything, Taking control or brainwash anyone, This is just my opinion and thoughts..Take it or leave it http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/pillow.gif :D

Joseph
18-07-03, 14:42
i am with you, marcooleo!
Hey Highjinx, do you work in a grocerystore?
If we say 60% is ok, they will keep on giving us 60%, if we demand 95%, they will give us 95%.
Complain and DEMAND PERFECTION at least near perfection!
A videogame = art. The people who created it did their best effort. You may not like what you got for your money, but artists most certainly never have the purpose to give you what you DEMAND!
Maybe you should make customlevels, and surprise us all. You know what they are, jinx? Take a look in the other forum in this website, and get inspirated! ;)

snobrdr5941
18-07-03, 14:50
haha joseph that was great.... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

stephaniedp
18-07-03, 14:51
Hello guys,

I think that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and if for some AOD is fab, while for others it is not so fab, so be it.

This has got little or nothing to do with the fact that we should thank programmers for coding Lara (why???), and nothing to do with the fact that there are bugs in the game. I work in IT and no matter how many million of hours we put into a project we ALWAYS end up having to release it with some bugs, small or big.

What I think here is that I personally was extremely excited over the new game and I fizzled away half way through. It does not relate to the technical quality of it, as it does instead to the plot and story line. I am keen on Lara but I am entitled to say 'gosh, I find this game boring man' because that is the way I feel, and I shouldn't expect to be told 'how damn boring you are, it's a great game instead'. As a matter of fact I don't come on here trying to oblige you to see why I think it's boring, and I don't think the opposite should happen either but this is exactly what a title such as STOP COMPLAINING suggests.

[ 18. July 2003, 15:56: Message edited by: Steph Croft ]

mrdamaged
18-07-03, 14:58
tr6 is not a work of art!!! it's a garbage game that is premature and unresolved. it's not even worth $10.

people who think that there are no problems must have low standards of what a good game should be. angel of darkness is even worse than tr:chronicles. if this is the trend, to make extremely short games with no replay or substance to them, then tr7 will probably be even worse! maybe in that one they'll take away lara's arms and she'll be forced to hop around like a gimp. then new characters will appear out of nowhere and say, "hahaha you bought a retarded game with the most awful controls in video game history..."

[ 18. July 2003, 16:03: Message edited by: mrdamaged ]

universaldave
18-07-03, 14:59
I must differ with you, Joseph. Videogames have artistic qualities, but they are mostly a product, produced to be enjoyed (and thus bought) by the masses. Unlike art which is totally subjective, video games have certain expected objective requirements they should meet. At the very least they should not be worse than previous efforts, especially given the long (by any standards) development time AOD had. AOD is a lesser product than most top-line titles that have come out for the consoles. Play Ratchet and Clank if you want to see what developers can do with the PS2! I mention that game 'cause it's a 3rd person action/adventure/platform game with massive, gorgeously detailed levels, tons of enemies on the screen at once, silky smooth animation, etc. All this with NO slowdown, NO bugs or glitches, and very minimal loading. Perhaps Insomniac can do the next TR game if Core cannot make "art" as good as R&C?
Oh, and one more thing, AOD is prettier than past Tomb Raiders, but that was expected--look "under the hood" however, and you will find it is by far less "artistic" than the previous Tomb Raiders...

[ 18. July 2003, 16:03: Message edited by: universaldave ]

Highjinx
19-07-03, 00:33
Hello Joseph!

To say that the state AOD is in, at present, is the best the production team could have achived is questionable. No way is this game debugged enough to be considered an acceptable finished product to be released to the retail channel. As to it's other qualities(Graphics, music, gameplay etc) that's a subjective one and I'm not complaining about those.

Have you seen or played Return to Castle Wolfenstine?, produced in 2001. An amazing game, DX8, bug free, excellent graphics, almost photorealistic inc detailed textures, you should see the night sky...extraordinary, superb sound track etc...remember this was produced in 2001.I'm not a FPS person, but this game had me spellbound, due to it's absolute quality of production.

As many have said before, the graphical improvements in AOD are to be expected, considering what is currently possible and the present competition. Bug wise this game is a retrograde step compared to previous editions of TR, in some ways it's evolutionary but compared to the competition nothing revolutionaly, unlike TR1 was back in 96'

The team have done an excellent job with Lara, no complaints there. We all Love Toby Gard's creation Lara Croft, TR1 was the first 3d game I bought in 96' after I built my first PC in 95', along with a state of the art Righteous 3D Glide card!, TR1 looked amazing(for the time)with the glide patch. I've bought all TR's since and enjoyed them except for TRC, which seemd to be a training exercise for an up and coming suplimentary programming team.

Joseph, if you bought a music CD and while listening to you favorite artist, the music three minutes in kept repeating the same spot over and over again...I don't think you would be happy...but then again maybe you would.

As universaldave said though videogames have artistic qualities, they are supposed to be a functional product. AOD falls short of this expectation from my point of view. I bet the production team would have liked more time to debug and refine the game.

Ultimately the reviews and sales of AOD compared to previous editions will speak volumes. As the Tr franchise has been a cash cow for Eidos, I would speculate that there will be a further restructuring at Core under Eidos's instruction, to ensure that the next edition(s) of TR will be delivered on time,(give or take a wee bit)and have a far better quality control(through testing & debugging).

I fail to see how you could defend AOD as being OK, unless your some pre teen, who has GooGoo eyes for LARA and feel, heart felt of course, that all that comes from the Lara camp is "The Greatest" no matter what!(I can understand that, I was a pre teen once).

Unfortunately Joseph, I don't work in a Grocery Store! I wish I could humour you! Neither am I easily pleased!. I'm a product developer...no not computer games! If I were to compare AOD to a prototype, it's a pre final stage prototype that still needs testing and refining before being released for production.

I'm pleased for you that you feel AOD is excellent....really I am. We all have different expectations.

BTW what's "inspirated"?....perhaps you ment "inspired".......sorry Joseph.....couldn't resist!!! :D

[ 19. July 2003, 10:09: Message edited by: Highjinx ]

jcorley
19-07-03, 04:21
Originally posted by marcooleo:
Maybe i didnīt make myself clear, I donīt want to generalize anything, Taking control or brainwash anyone, This is just my opinion and thoughts..Take it or leave it http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/pillow.gif :D Hmmm In that case I'll leave it. AOD sucks big time. Period. If you don't see any bugs maybe you should consider the way Lara handles. She's a klunky, lazy dumb*** not the hot shot explorer in the previous 5 games.

JC

psywave666
19-07-03, 04:28
Originally said by Adrian Smith: This is a game that you may or may not want to venture, yet it's the only way to bring the lara we knew back! well I'm sure you guys heard something like that. Well anyways I guess I can agree with him. We shouldn't be belly aching! Lara was trapped in a tomb! So she's all mind twisted from it and if we venture through it, we'll believe we brought her officially to the surface. It may not be completely raiding tombs and adventuring in the wild but I guess this is core/eidos way of getting her back.

dazzler
19-07-03, 04:34
A.O.D
is the mutts nut's and i wish to thank the developers/programmers, and any one who has helped with the A.O.D project even the tea boy/girl deserves a hearty thanks.
I have found a couple of glitches but i have worked around them but on the whole this is the best tomb raider so far and lets face it, it can only get better i say once again THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED
ps,how do you kill boaz in the pc version ????
cheers dazzler

[ 19. July 2003, 05:36: Message edited by: ELEN ]

ELEN
19-07-03, 04:37
Hello Dazzler, welcome to the forum...

marms2005
19-07-03, 04:42
i think its funny when you make a topic that says stop complaining and then people come in here and complain more.......lol

sausage mahoney
19-07-03, 06:57
Originally posted by Jcorley:
Hmmm In that case I'll leave it. AOD sucks big time. Period. If you don't see any bugs maybe you should consider the way Lara handles. She's a klunky, lazy dumb*** not the hot shot explorer in the previous 5 games.[/QB]I don't think that Lara is a klunky, lazy, dumbass. I know it's a game, but (lol) you try running from the cops in Paris @ 6 in the morning when you slept in a subway mobile! lol Wouldn't you run a little slow? Like I said, I know it's a game and thats what alot of people need to realize! "Lara Croft" is merchandice, not real people. I don't see the need to ***** about things she does. I know that there are some bugs that slow down the game a bit, but all-in-all the game is a good one. No, it's not good, its great. I think it was well worth the wait. if you think its buggy now, think how bad it would have been when Core set the initial release date in November 2002. this game is a great one and I agree that alot of the people on this forum need to just suck it up and play the damn thing. My advice is if you haven't played it yet and you're not sure if it'll be worth your money, rent the fricken thing and try it out. Thats what I did with ÅoD after reading about how bad it was, and I love it.

peace y'all

PETE

Kenzo
19-07-03, 07:01
Originally posted by marcooleo:
There are some bugs,i agree but except for that the game offers so much more than previous TR games, for an example the splendid graphics, Lara is now made of 5000 polygons instead of 500 in the earlier TR.
about "This and That".
Myself have experienced some bugs and have been stuck a lotīs of times but i didnīt give up! Thats the most important :D
So all you people playing this game;
Stay cool and donīt give up the game http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
So long all you Tombraiders out therePPPLLSSSSS DONT MENTION THE BUGS AGAIN THEIR IS THE PATCH TO REAPIR THEM!!!!!!!

Mr. Furious
19-07-03, 13:44
If there weren't any bugs and glitches, then there wouldn't be any reason to complain. But, being as this is an imperfect society we live in, and that the human creature is a fallible being, there are bound to be mistakes. And in the case of AoD, a LOT of them. until game manufacturers finally accept responsibility for their actions and admit that "Yes, we produced a product with an incredible amount of errors and we are in the process of rectifying the situation and many more to come", then there will ALWAYS be people to voice their opinions and comments.

mickster1966
19-07-03, 17:22
Let's face it people - whether or not you liked the game, it IS full of bugs, the controls took a giant leap backwards and there are too many loose ends to count. But please, don't blame the programmers. Blame the sales director breathing down their necks....

Joseph
20-07-03, 01:48
nono: blame yourself, loving tombraider... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

[ 20. July 2003, 03:00: Message edited by: joseph ]