PDA

View Full Version : I questioned Core about PC release....

beckerooz
24-06-03, 17:38
Here's what I asked:
6-20-03
Hello!
I was wondering what the release date is for the PC version of Angel of darkness. I've read online that the PS2 version is coming this weekend, but there's no news so far on the PC version. Can you email me with the set date that PC AOD comes out in the USA? Thank you ~Becky

Here's what they replied back with:
6-24-03
Hi there,

I must firstly apologise to you for the delay in replying to your email. I was hoping that I'd have some concrete information from our disc duplicators regarding manufacturing dates but I'm still waiting. I therefore felt it unfair to delay relying to your email any longer.

We feel very frustrated as well, we've certainly been working day and night, literally, to get the game finished. Core Design Limited remains committed to the absolute satisfaction of their consumers, and at this time, especially those fans of the Tomb Raider series of games. We sympathise whole heartedly with the undoubted disappointment and frustration that a further delay to the release of The Angel of Darkness inevitably brings. We are adamant that we will not release the game until such time that it is worthy of the 'Tomb Raider' branding and meets the extremely high standards that we have set ourselves. Now that the game is complete the manufacturing is in the hands of our disc duplicators, we are very close.

I will contact you again in the next few days with a definitive release date.

Once again, apologies for the delay and thank you very much for your patience.

Kind regards,
Andrew Thompson
Operations Manager
Core Design Limited

So what do you think?! :eek:

Colin125
24-06-03, 17:43
That makes me feel 92% better about the delay in Europe. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

tlr online
24-06-03, 17:43
Thanks for the info Beckerooz. I'm a bit sceptical about "…we are adamant that we will not release the game until such time that it is worthy of the Tomb Raider branding." after it's becoming evident PS-2 versions of The Angel Of Darkness contains.. well bugs.

Having said that, it's nice to be kept in the loop.

Lady_Croft
24-06-03, 17:46
Well, so it's definetly Eidos fault...

Rommie
24-06-03, 17:49
Thanks for the infomation Becky ;)

beckerooz
24-06-03, 17:55
I agree w/you Lady Croft. It's definitely not Core's fault at this point.

beckerooz
24-06-03, 18:13
No problem Rommie! ;)
I'll let ya'll know when they send me an email w/the "fo shizzy" date release. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[ 24. June 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: Beckerooz ]

ShadowX
24-06-03, 18:56
Sure u questioned Core about PC release lol like they gonna send u such answer , and even gonna mail u back and telling U when it will come while they let all there fans standing in the cold by not saying when the freeking game comes , what i dont understand is that if the pc version went gold it means it went for duplication and then even if it had bugs they could release it and make a patch for it happends all the time that a pc comes out and day after or even same day a patch is availeble imo Eidos is ****ing (sorry for my bad langauge) there customers up .

Anti-Polar Bear
24-06-03, 19:49
I emailed them about last week sometime regarding the same.. Got the exact same email, as well...