PDA

View Full Version : The Official Tricks of the Trade Thread.....

Duhlevon
25-06-03, 04:30
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/music2.gif Id thought id make something like this, so here it is. Post all the little tricks that u can do in AOD. here, ill start.

1. Backflip off a ledge: Stand at the tip of the ledge facing your back to the tip of the ledge, hold down walk, and simultaneously hit back and X, Lara will backflip and grab on to the ledge.

2. Short Jump: To perform a shorter jump hold walk when you jump

3. 5 hit combo. tap x until she does two punces, then hold forward, and press down on the X button and hold it for half of a second and continue to do so until she performs three kicks.

Now i just wanna know 2 things: how do you break someone's neck, and how do u do the new dive.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/music1.gif

[ 27. June 2003, 07:59: Message edited by: Duhlevon ]

araltforc
25-06-03, 04:36
You can break somebody's neck by sneaking up on them in stealth mode (R2) and when you are right up on their back hold down 'X'. Snap, crackle, pop! I don't know about the new dive, the only time I was able to do it was by standing next to water and holding down 'X', but the water I was standing next to was too shallow, so she just kinda rolled.

ELEN
25-06-03, 04:39
Damn!! I shouldn't have entered to this thread :D

Thanks anyway Duhlevon and Araltforc!!!!!!

[ 25. June 2003, 05:40: Message edited by: ELEN ]

Duhlevon
25-06-03, 06:01
I forgot you can also do the classic handstand by holding walk whenever u pull up from a ledge.

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 08:15
This is great Duhlevon,a place where everyone can put any handy little nuggets they discover. Thanks for starting this.

I hope this thread is kept active, so I have these useful hints and tips to hand when I eventually need them.

Now all I need is the game :rolleyes:

Lord_Voldemort
25-06-03, 09:57
Let's all bump till July 4th then!!! :D

CherryLips
25-06-03, 11:06
I'm not sure if it's posted elsewhere anywhere, but Lara is able to do a military stealth crawl. Press the Crouch Button (Triangle on PS2) and get into a crawling position. Then tap the Stealth Button (L2 on PS2) but don't release the Crouch Button. She will lay out on her stomach and now you can move her around in an interesting new crawl!

Duhlevon
26-06-03, 00:08
Wow i didnt know u can do the Metal Gear Solid floor crawl!!!! Thats so kool http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif

Here i got two More

1. The Classic Swan Dive: Hold Forward, Jump, and R2.

2. Classic Sprint: Start to run, then hold down R2. (you can sprint infinitely until you hit a wall)

araltforc
26-06-03, 00:55
Here is a handy tip re:the camera. To instantly return the camera to it's position behind lara's head (making her easier to control and more like the old gameplay) push *ON* the right analog stick (not down, but actually press it on, as if your pushing it into the gamepad). I have found this super useful!

Duhlevon
26-06-03, 01:41
1. Faster Descent of a ladder: Start Climbing down, and let go, after you fall a short distance grab back on. This is a lot faster than walking down the ladder.

2. Backflip off a ladder: press jump to do a backflip.

3. Quick Turn: hold back firmly on the left analog joystick for half of a second and release. You wont fall, because all you do is turn.

MacAngel
26-06-03, 03:42
Originally posted by CherryLips:
I'm not sure if it's posted elsewhere anywhere, but Lara is able to do a military stealth crawl. Press the Crouch Button (Triangle on PS2) and get into a crawling position. Then tap the Stealth Button (L2 on PS2) but don't release the Crouch Button. She will lay out on her stomach and now you can move her around in an interesting new crawl!I think I saw that in a movie I downloaded. Cool! I always thought she should be able to do that.
:D

Duhlevon
27-06-03, 03:08
How to avoid some wall bugs/get out of being stuck in wall: Press the Sneak button and press X, you will return to the outside of the wall an no longer be stuck, this doesnt work everytime, but its worth a shot before u reset.

mange
27-06-03, 03:14
i bet snapping necks while standing doesnt exist :rolleyes:

Duhlevon
27-06-03, 07:01
Well i havent broken necks in a while, and ive gotten much stronger, so for all i know she could already do it.

vinfan1
27-06-03, 07:22
Hola. To perform the classic dive, hold down R2 while pressing the jump button and the joystick forward.

Adios!