PDA

View Full Version : Good news for the UK...so far

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 13:10
Hi everyone http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

I've just got back from my daily harassment of the staff in my local gaming shop 'Choices'.

Good news!!! Great news if its true!!

The very nice lady behind the counter told me that the game would go on sale on 27th June (THIS 27th June, not the next one) as arranged, and that their stock had been depatched from the warehouse and was ON ITS WAY!!!

Well, you could of knocked me down with a feather!! Talk about being gobsmacked!! I was expecting to be told the end of July at the very least! But she assured me it was true...THE GAME IS GOING TO BE FOR SALE ON 27TH JUNE.

In my heart of hearts I suppose, I'm still expecting something to go wrong between now and then, but the latest release date is still a possiblity in some shops in the UK.

Denny_T
25-06-03, 13:14
Any news about the PC version? :rolleyes:

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 13:23
nope sorry :(

The woman didn't mention it, and in my shock at her news, I forgot to ask!

UNDERTAKER
25-06-03, 13:42
I desperately want to get excited...but I can't help feeling a delay is coming...I can feel it... :(

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 13:58
Me too UNDERTAKER, I have the same problem.

I too have an awful feeling that when I do go back into that shop on the 27th, full of barely contained excitement, that I'll be told another excuse/reason why they still don't yet have AOD, and to come back again in a week.

These days it feels like I'm living my life waiting for the next Friday to roll around again.

What has Core/Eidos turned me into?!
:(

JOSE_MONT
25-06-03, 14:00
and in spain?

Sam Burke
25-06-03, 14:02
Originally posted by JOSE_MONT:
and in spain?Nobody knows.

UNDERTAKER
25-06-03, 14:02
Same here bunny. I am on my summer holidays from uni, and I am literally wishing them away so I can get this game. Three weeks have past, and I am still waiting, wishing time would go faster. Yet, I can't stop feeling like this game will be a crushing disapointment for all of us. I hope I am wrong...

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 14:04
Well, I'm hoping that if we here in the UK are fortunate enough to get it this Friday, then the rest of Europe will also be as lucky.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mind you, we haven't got it yet. A lot can happen in two days. ;)

Colin125
25-06-03, 14:55
Lets all think positive but to not get are hopes up. As BunnyGirl said a lot can happen in two days.

M Mitchell
25-06-03, 15:14
It would be great if TR:AOD would come out this week, but I feel that there is going to be another delay... :(

LauraKR17
25-06-03, 15:22
Well I'm in the UK and I've preordered from play.com and now they're saying 4th July?!?

M Mitchell
25-06-03, 15:26
I've also noticed that amazon.co.uk has changed its release date to 4 July and Gameplay has as well. Only GAME UK still has just Jun as a release date. :confused: :confused:

UNDERTAKER
25-06-03, 15:27
Hi guys, I have just got off the phone from Eidos customer services and the result is...BAD NEWS!!! Unfortunately the release date looks to be sometime in July, however it is still not for certain when exactly. The woman on the phone told me that Eidos plan to ship the game at the end of June with consumers finally getting the game sometime in July.

I then questioned her about why the game was delayed. She said the official release date was the 20th June, however it did not make that time as the game was STILL IN DEVELOPMENT.

From this, it seems like the American version was a rush job, to be put out in time for the finacial year thing. The fact that she said the game was still in development begs the question as to wether we europeans will recieve a bug free version? I am going to call once again tomorrow to question her about the bugs and the european version.

Thorir
25-06-03, 15:27
Damn. :( They changed the release to the 4th in Norway too...

SOB!!! :( :(

LAURA CRUZ
25-06-03, 15:32
Pre-ordered AOD today at Game and got the AOD DVD for 1.99 (refunded on purchase of the game) and will have to make do with watching that until the game comes out!!.Cool DVD with game footage,Cradle trailer,Making of AOD,etc.,cheers Mark.

obiwanquinobi
25-06-03, 15:35
I dont want to make anyone more miserable, but Amazon have changed release dates for both PC and PS2 versions to July the 4th.

Looks like another delay is inevitable from the noises thats being made.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings folks.. :(

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 15:38
I look forward to hearing your news tomorrow UNDERTAKER.
I hope its concrete news on when we can finally buy the game, and it would be great to know if it will be a bug-free version or not.

I think its really bad though that the US got a less than perfect copy of the game, and I hope they have the right to take back the game and get the corrected version when its finally released.

JOSE_MONT
25-06-03, 15:45
im going to be crazy a lot of :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/bash.gif

BunnyGirl
25-06-03, 15:46
Welcome to the forum LAURA CRUZ,hope you enjoy it here.

My local Game Shop has had the AOD DVD for a couple of weeks now (been playing it on their in-shop T.V screens), but not for sale or as a bonus on pre-orders.

So your very lucky to have it.
I assumed it was just for playing in their stores for promotion purposes. Now I know differently, I'll harass them for a copy

;) ;)

UNDERTAKER
25-06-03, 15:47
Of course, it is all just speculation right now. We all have no idea what the real reasons for the delay are. However, those of you who have the GAME special edition disc will notice that there is no slowdown present when footage of the game is shown. Now, I know they would know better than to show the slowdown on a promotional disc, however, the footage shows huge environments with tons of action on screen at once including the helicopter/rooftop scene and I see no slowdown at all. These are the areas that are supposed to contain the slowdown. The footage is from PS2 also. Don't know if that is important at all, but I just wanted to share my observations.