PDA

View Full Version : Email from Core Desing Andrew Thompson

ShadowX
26-06-03, 11:17
Hi xxxx,

I was hoping that I'd have some concrete information from our disc duplicators regarding manufacturing dates but I'm still waiting. I therefore felt it unfair to delay relying to your email any longer.

We feel very frustrated as well, we've certainly been working day and night, literally, to get the game finished. Core Design Limited remains committed to the absolute satisfaction of their consumers, and at this time, especially those fans of the Tomb Raider series of games. We sympathise whole heartedly with the undoubted disappointment and frustration that a further delay to the release of The Angel of Darkness inevitably brings. We are adamant that we will not release the game until such time that it is worthy of the 'Tomb Raider' branding and meets the extremely high standards that we have set ourselves. Now that the game is complete the manufacturing is in the hands of our disc duplicators, we are very close.

I will contact you again in the next few days with a definitive release date.

Once again, apologies for the delay and thank you very much for your patience.

Kind regards,
Andrew Thompson
Operations Manager
Core Design Limited

Ps.

The xxxx is my real name I changed that here in xxxx and under u can read the mail I sended them

-----Original Message-----
From: eidos@www1.uk.eidosdns.com [mailto:eidos@www1.uk.eidosdns.com]
Sent: 25 June 2003 16:27
To: jeremy@core-design.com
Subject: [Core website query] :: Traod

Try updating the web page from time to time instead of ****ing up U tomb raider fans , by delay the freeking game every time , make up u mind and point out a date or tell them why the game is delayed buy no noir core noir eidos is updating there web page , if u bothered of my language well i dont give a **** cause atm im really ****ed off hehe anyway I hope u will release the game soon and even send me a reply on this one , im sorry if u offended but dont take it personal , u would not be screwed to by anyone and thats what eidos is basicly doing now.

xxxx

[ 26. June 2003, 12:19: Message edited by: ShadowX ]

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 11:36
Dedicated to satisfaction my ass! Try asking why they released a flawed product in the US. Hopefully all of you in Europe will get the finished bug free version.

BunnyGirl
26-06-03, 11:47
We are adamant that we will not release the game until such time that it is worthy of the 'Tomb Raider' branding and meets the extremely high standards that we have set ourselves. Does this mean they are definately ironing out the last bugs before releasing it in Europe do you suppose?

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 11:50
BunnyGirl, whatever it means they are still hypocrites.

gill_rene
26-06-03, 12:05
posted by chemistry boy on the official eidos forums.

Have a bit of news regarding the uk release.
This is a reply i received from core...

Hi there,

I was hoping that I'd have some concrete information from our disc duplicators regarding manufacturing dates but I'm still waiting. I therefore felt it unfair to delay relying to your email any longer.

We feel very frustrated as well, we've certainly been working day and night, literally, to get the game finished. Core Design Limited remains committed to the absolute satisfaction of their consumers, and at this time, especially those fans of the Tomb Raider series of games. We sympathise whole heartedly with the undoubted disappointment and frustration that a further delay to the release of The Angel of Darkness inevitably brings. We are adamant that we will not release the game until such time that it is worthy of the 'Tomb Raider' branding and meets the extremely high standards that we have set ourselves. Now that the game is complete the manufacturing is in the hands of our disc duplicators, we are very close.

I will contact you again in the next few days with a definitive release date.

Once again, apologies for the delay and thank you very much for your patience.

Kind regards,
Andrew Thompson
Operations Manager
Core Design Limited

So core are saying development is complete! BUT this is what eidos said...

As of yesterday, the game was still in development, so I'm not sure where all the "gold" rumours are comming from.
To be honest, no official word has been given because we have not been able to give a new estimate on release as of yet.

The US code, differs slightly from the European and although as a company, we were working towards the 20th as a release date, this was sadly, not possible. We are hoping, however, to have the game ready and shipped out by the end of the month to be in stores at the beginning of July.

We would just like to assure you that we have been working round the clock to get Tomb Raider out to our customers, and hope that the wait has not been too inconvenient, if it has, we apologise but it will be with you soon.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Customer Support | Customer Services
Tel +44 0870 9000 222

Eidos Interactive Ltd
Wimbledon bridge house
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
London SW19 3RU

gill_rene
26-06-03, 12:11
so is it finished or what?

findus
26-06-03, 12:12
Hmm still smells fishy. If it's a disk manufacturing problem, (Personally I thought all PS2 games where pressed in Austria). So if thats the case, then you could say that all other PS2 games due for release must have similar problems. They have not delayed. Sorry I don't buy it.

Draco
26-06-03, 12:15
This just makes me want to buy both of them out and take over TR creation (most importantly getting the house back)...

laracroft8290
26-06-03, 13:28
hell, if they'd ship me a copy of the pc version of the game, the boxes, the labels/jewel case media, etc, i'd use my burner to copy the cds, then box and ship until i was dead, everyone is tired of waiting.

Lleonard Pler
26-06-03, 13:45
We can't believe them any more, can we?

If the game isn't released here in Spain tomorrow (all the shops keep saying that tomorrow is the day) I won't be buying it. I'd be so frustrated. I haven't seen this chaos with any other product (game, music cd or whatever).

laracroft8290
26-06-03, 18:32
Calling GameStop, brb :rolleyes: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/bash.gif

laracroft8290
26-06-03, 18:48
Just called GameStop:

The guy said "that they won't be getting pc copies at all, wait, we're only receiving one copy because only one person reserved it." Then I told him that I was that one person who reserved it. He said "they will receive in 5 days," he also told me that "he would call me the day/night before to come pick it up the next day."

w00t

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif

[ 26. June 2003, 19:52: Message edited by: laracroft8290 ]