PDA

View Full Version : Official BUG list.

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 11:28
Hi everyone! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

I know that I’m not the only one getting these things. I swear, they are really beginning to annoy the **** out of me. So I decided to list what I have run into on the PS2 version. Is it the same way on the PC?

First of all the slowdown is just not acceptable. In some places if there is even just one enemy boom slowdown. Walking through the city, bam slowdown. I try to walk, friggin slowdown.

At the crime scene I tried to backtrack to see if I missed anything and all of a sudden there are walls missing and I’m trapped in black space.

When using keypads the doors won’t open even if I got the code right, I need to check the pad again to get it to register.

Sometimes I’ll holster a weapon and when I pull it out again it’s a different gun (usually one that I’m conserving ammo on or is empty).

And the worst one so far, at times regular guards won’t die. I can empty three clips of machine-gun fire at point-blank range and he’ll take a step back as if to say *ouch* then he’ll open fire. The only way to deal with it is to load my last save.

I love this series and I this game is fun when it’s not screwing you with some bug but I feel ripped off. Eidos owes us all after this garbage. The next one better be close to flawless or I’ll just give up on Laura. Anyone else run into these bugs or something new?

ELEN
26-06-03, 11:32
Howdy Spike, welcome to the forum http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Some other members has reported some bugs. We still don't know what's going to happen on the PC version. Thanks for sharing...

universaldave
26-06-03, 11:37
I had a bug where the game would not save my health status... I healed myself and saved, but when I reloaded I was back at my previously weakened state! I was playing last night and the graphics suddenly were all screwed up; my shadow was blue, I was leaving bright red footprints, etc... Restarting my system "solved" that. One time when I was on a ledge I started floating up and down the wall! Another time I slid down the long slope in the Louvre storm drains and into oblivion! Had to restart... Don't worry though, Spike, it appears as if Eidos is clearing up some of these bugs for the European release! Doesn't that make you feel special as a loyal American TR fan??? :mad:

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 11:40
Originally posted by ELEN:
Howdy Spike, welcome to the forum http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Some other members has reported some bugs. We still don't know what's going to happen on the PC version. Thanks for sharing...Well at least with the PC version there is the possibility of downloading a fix or patch or something. Perhaps in Europe they will get the fixed version due to all the delays

ELEN
26-06-03, 11:44
Spike, we have to wait and see. The bugs are everywhere...

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 11:46
Wow universaldave, that sounds like a pain.

And that’s a good point, why did they shaft the American gamers. If it’s a Japanese company we have to wait forever to get it stateside. If it’s an American company then the beta test with us while still charging us full price then send the fix off somewhere else. At least Konami rewarded the US with MGS 2 before anyone else but is was still unfinished and MGS Substance forces us to shell out another fifty bucks.

universaldave
26-06-03, 11:57
I guess I should also state for the record that I'm glad that others may get a better version of AOD for PS2; I don't begrudge them that, it's just that it won't do any of us in the U.S. any good! I've read many posts on this board where some were saying "Lara is ours! Why is the U.S. getting the game first?" and the like. Well, I've been a Tomb Raider fan since I preordered the first game, and that's as long as anyone could possibly be a fan of the series. So I have a right to wonder why we're subjected to an unnecessarily inferior product. I guess the U.S. market is being treated as a cash cow by Eidos. Let's hope that we may get a bug free version when AOD becomes a "greatest hits" title!

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 12:13
Just thought of two more. If you have a mask on you lose it when you heal. The other I didn’t mind too much, I was in a long underwater area and I decided to save before going further incase I couldn’t make it all the way. When I un-paused my breath bar was full again.

One more thing, I don’t think it’s a bug but it is strange that the manual tells you that while you are in sneak mode it is smart to have a weapon drawn however it is impossible to do so in game-play. :confused:

universaldave
26-06-03, 12:16
The manual also says that there is a "Story Thus Far" (or So Far) option, but I don't see it in my menu screen?!

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 12:26
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/bash.gif This game has achieved something that no other game has. It makes me feel like smashing myself in the head with a hammer until I pass out. Do you think I can use that quote from the letter in the other forum that talks a big game about dedication to customer satisfaction to squeeze Eidos and Core for some free compensatory software? Or at least a full refund instead of crummy store credit (after I beat the game of course). Or at the very, very, least a replacement copy once the bugs are rooted out.

universaldave
26-06-03, 12:33
I agree with you--I seriously would like a replacement copy. If a few more weeks is really all that was necessary to fix some of these things, then it's completely obvious that they picked the U.S. market to get their quick cash fix for their fiscal year-end. Well, now that they have their money, how about some kind of redress?! Hell, I'd even be willing--sad to say--to buy a reduced price fixed version in a month or so. Say, $20.00? How about it Eidos?

laracroft8290
26-06-03, 13:24
Granted they have been working on this game for three years, and it has been delayed numerous times, but you are always going to have bugs, regardless of how many times you test it. You cannot possibly replicate the varying circumstances of every user that plays your game. You have to deal with the major bugs that you can find and leave the others until a later date, at which they could choose to fix, and then ship updated copies of the game, but I seriously doubt they would do this.

kenny
26-06-03, 14:33
well im not going to rush out and buy it. mabey in a year. but it will be for the pc. to many bad replys........... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/violent.gif

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 20:06
laracroft8290, I grant you that there are bugs in every game. However I have run into more bugs with this game in the past two days than I have seen in the last four years of accumulative game-play. It seems that this game either went through very little testing or there was a flaw in the duplication process.

I hate to come down on this game because I love the series but I feel that this product does the name Tomb Raider an injustice.

davis
26-06-03, 20:22
Are the bugs SOOO bad that this game doesn`t deserve the title tomb raider?? Is it really so bad? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/bash.gif

Wedge598
26-06-03, 20:46
I thought one of the things that was supposed to be a big selling point for console systems was the fact that most games are bug free. The uniform hardware was supposed to make development of console games simplier and easier to test.

But at this point I'm much relieved that I have a PC. I'm hopeful that if the delay for the PC is to iron out these bugs, but if not, at least there is the option to patch the PC version. I'd be really upset to be stuck with a more expensive console version that was buggy and unfixable.

JOSE_MONT
26-06-03, 20:50
TOMB RAIDER: EL ANGEL DE LA OSCURIDAD

Lanzamiento:27/6/2003
Tipo:VIDEOAVENTURA

Euros.
Ptas.

Es única. Más de 28 millones de unidades vendidas en todo el mundo lo demuestran. Más de 400 millones de dólares recaudados por el filme y el DVD prueban, fuera de toda duda, que Lara Croft es el personaje más deseado de la historia. Ahora regresa en una nueva aventura más adulta, con un guión siniestro y una apariencia inmejorable: ¡más de 5.000 polígonos de curvas!
Disfruta de esta aventura única que dicurre a lo largo de escenarios reales como París y Praga. Dirige a un nuevo personaje: Kurtis, y explota los nuevos movimientos de Lara y el nuevo sistema de potenciadores físicos y mentales.
Tomb Raider El Angel de la Oscuridad cuenta con una nueva forma de jugar en modo sigilo, un guión absolutamente espectacular lleno de sorpresas y giros, y una banda sonora interpretada por la Orquesta Filarmónica de Londres.

:eek:

AndrewII
26-06-03, 22:16
Only bug I experienced was the slow-down,yet again something like this common in games.

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 22:24
Originally posted by Davis:
Are the bugs SOOO bad that this game doesn`t deserve the title tomb raider?? Is it really so bad? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/bash.gif Yep, at times it is unbearable. I’ve never seen anything like this. I’ve played bootlegged games with fewer problems.

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 22:35
Here’s something that Lagoonlady reminded me of. You can’t use the maps you pick up. It’s a game with complicated environments and secret paths all over the place and there you are wandering around lost.

lee32uk
26-06-03, 22:55
Originally posted by JOSE_MONT:
TOMB RAIDER: EL ANGEL DE LA OSCURIDAD

Lanzamiento:27/6/2003
Tipo:VIDEOAVENTURA

Euros.
Ptas.

Es única. Más de 28 millones de unidades vendidas en todo el mundo lo demuestran. Más de 400 millones de dólares recaudados por el filme y el DVD prueban, fuera de toda duda, que Lara Croft es el personaje más deseado de la historia. Ahora regresa en una nueva aventura más adulta, con un guión siniestro y una apariencia inmejorable: ¡más de 5.000 polígonos de curvas!
Disfruta de esta aventura única que dicurre a lo largo de escenarios reales como París y Praga. Dirige a un nuevo personaje: Kurtis, y explota los nuevos movimientos de Lara y el nuevo sistema de potenciadores físicos y mentales.
Tomb Raider El Angel de la Oscuridad cuenta con una nueva forma de jugar en modo sigilo, un guión absolutamente espectacular lleno de sorpresas y giros, y una banda sonora interpretada por la Orquesta Filarmónica de Londres.

:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: English translation anyone ? :D

olliepoohbear
26-06-03, 23:11
I had a few bug issues but not to bad to make me upset. I was just glad to get the game it was delayed so long and I have played other games with worse bugs in them than aod has. And since none of the bugs kept me from beating the game it doesn't matter to much. It's just one of those things.

Spike J Wolfwood
26-06-03, 23:20
Well Lisa, you have more patience than I. Though, I have heard that some copies may have more bugs than others. Or that certain areas are getting more complaints than others. A rash of bad batches perhaps? Only time will tell.

sunkissychic
27-06-03, 02:51
This is the first game in the tomb raider series i have played and I am so unhappy with it I like the story line so far but my game is so slow and when I entered the beginning of the hall of seasons I went invisible I would hear sounds but I was not there 5 times I had restart it the same thing happened at the monstrum crime scene , words are mispelled it's slow and that was really a pain when I was making those horrible jumps to get the stones for the hall of seasons I dunno if I would buy any other of the games if they came out with anymore we will have to see :(

mange
27-06-03, 03:05
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

universaldave
27-06-03, 03:34
Hey, sunkissychic! Welcome to the Tomb Raider series! AOD is admittedly not the best start (I wonder if none of us on this board had played the others would we be so forgiving)? It is too bad you couldn't come on board with the original Tomb Raider... ahhhh I will always have fond memories of that revolutionary experience! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
I would pay twice what I paid for AOD for a remake of the first Tomb Raider game with next gen graphics, sound, etc, without next gen bugs though!

Spike J Wolfwood
27-06-03, 03:50
I don't see why they don't do do a remake universaldave. It would be great and MGS is getting the remake treatment on GC so the time is right.

universaldave
27-06-03, 03:52
No doubt about it Spike... I really enjoyed playing the Resident Evil remake on GC too. By the way, your avatar fascinates me--reminds me of Morton Downey! Remember that guy?

mange
27-06-03, 03:58
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yuck.gif + http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yuck.gif = http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/love1.gif

universaldave
27-06-03, 04:04
Hey, I wasn't implying what you're implying, mange! Maybe a poor choice of words there http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yuck.gif

Spike J Wolfwood
27-06-03, 05:03
Originally posted by universaldave:
No doubt about it Spike... I really enjoyed playing the Resident Evil remake on GC too. By the way, your avatar fascinates me--reminds me of Morton Downey! Remember that guy?Lol, yah I remember him. I’m not sure why I picked it though. It’s sort of how I feel most of the time. Not that I’m always depressed but it’s either that or I’m board, not impressed, or just plain unamused. Plus it reminded me of an image of myself I posterized in black and red that was on my old website

sunkissychic
27-06-03, 21:36
Originally posted by universaldave:
Hey, sunkissychic! Welcome to the Tomb Raider series! AOD is admittedly not the best start (I wonder if none of us on this board had played the others would we be so forgiving)? It is too bad you couldn't come on board with the original Tomb Raider... ahhhh I will always have fond memories of that revolutionary experience! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
I would pay twice what I paid for AOD for a remake of the first Tomb Raider game with next gen graphics, sound, etc, without next gen bugs though!

BkBaby999
27-06-03, 23:41
this game is aggravating me way beyond the basic TR level of aggravation mainly because the game still has that TR type of preciseness but the game controls can't handle it so my Lara dies at the stupidest times. And the Prima guide has its own errors too.

I too have contemplated beating my head against a wall instead of playing this game. Right now I'm in the Tomb of Ancients and I can tell my patience is going to get very strained.

Not a bug but I don't understand why the gameplay isn't more interactive....like what is the point of Lara can bust down some doors but not others...or I'm stronger now because I pushed something heavy....uh, wouldn't you be weaker in real life, or how about some real tools for Lara like a rope and a lockpick, something really useful....and again how do you justify killing 50 people to prove you didn't kill one.

And the bugs are very very frustrating.

But I'm still plodding through the game, convincing myself that I kinda love it on some level (glutton for punishment) http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/bash.gif

Spike J Wolfwood
27-06-03, 23:51
That is a good point about the bloodshed of the human casualties in this game. I took that into consideration early on and opted to take out all the cops and regular guards with the tazer and tranquilizer darts. The bad guy guards on the other hand are another story.

[ 28. June 2003, 00:52: Message edited by: Spike J Wolfwood ]

Duhlevon
28-06-03, 00:43
The Bottom line is that all PC games have the ability to be fixed via patches you download online, so my suggestion, is for all who are angered by the bugs and is something you cannot cope with, do one of the following.

1. If your current PC specs are at LEAST 2 TIMES of what it on the "recommended system requirements" for Angel of Darkness for the PC, then you are a step ahead. Return/sell the PS2 version, and get the PC version.

2. If your current PC specs are not 2 TIMES of the "recommended system requirements" for Angel of Darkness for the PC, finish the PS2 version of the game so you know what happens and you are not left hanging.Then, Sell it or return it quickly. and then save up for a new PC, and get the PC version of AOD.

From now on i would be very cautious about the next tomb raider on a game console from Eidos, seeing as they have done horrible jobs starting from Tomb Raider III, all the way to AOD.

[ 28. June 2003, 01:49: Message edited by: Duhlevon ]

araltforc
28-06-03, 01:59
Personally, though I have come across numerous bugs myself, I really don't feel that they hinder game play. The slowdowns only last a few seconds and if you save properly (when things look risky or just after you've accomplished something hairy and save in multiple slots, not just one, so that you have options if you need to reload!) then the bugs are no big deal. I've only had my system crash once (in the Hall of Seasons, the earthquakey one), i've passed through a few walls and health doesn't save (but you don't lose your healthpack, you just have to remember to reuse it when you reload), sometimes after a reload the weapon I had selected won't be there, but you know what? When that I happens I just switch weapons, really, not a huge deal. I still feel the game is worth the money, though I'd return Prima's game guide in a flash! After waiting so long for this game i'm just happy to be tombraiding again. The only thing I think the game lacks is aptmosphere. Remember in the earlier Tomb Raiders some of the levels were just so beautiful you'd replay the game just to see them again (Sphinx TR1, Alexandria TRL, etc.)? Well, so far I haven't seen anything where I was like "Wow, that's so beautiful!". Kind of a bummer.

araltforc
28-06-03, 02:16
I take it back. There is one bug that really bugs me in the game (though it doesn't hinder game play at all, just my enjoyment) and that is: sometimes my camera decides to go for a stroll. I'll be mindin' my own business moving boxes or climbing some stairs or whatever and my camera will just decide to wander in a slow 360 pan around Lara. Not a cinematic, not a completely different camera angle that I can't control, just a slow drift. It's annoying and makes me kinda motion sick. I have to push in on the camera button to get it to stop. So I take it back, different things bother different people. For some it's the slowdowns, for me it's the drifty camera. Still, i'm loving the game. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/lei.gif

Duhlevon
28-06-03, 04:22
get the PC version!!

BkBaby999
28-06-03, 12:25
for me it's the slowdowns, and the drifty camera, and the freezes/crashes, and the Prima guide, and the lack of atmosphere/scenery. and since I'm a woman I'm not consoled by watch Lara just jiggle all over the screen instead....I actually want to play the game!

combined with the usual TR challenges that make me curse in utter frustration every game....but at least I used to have a chance of figuring it out because the controls were so precise....and I'm about to enter the hall of seasons and I fear the ish is about to hit the fan.

araltforc
28-06-03, 19:40
BkBaby, I too was dissapointed with the overwhelming lack of aptmosphere (not only are things not pretty, they're not scarey! There are no scarey sounds, no eerie things lurking around the next corner, it's kind of a drag!), however, for me the game redeemed itself in terms of visual spectacularity once I got to the biodome levels. They're nice! Hope you enjoy them. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

badfatt
28-06-03, 19:59
Originally posted by araltforc:
I take it back. There is one bug that really bugs me in the game (though it doesn't hinder game play at all, just my enjoyment) and that is: sometimes my camera decides to go for a stroll. I'll be mindin' my own business moving boxes or climbing some stairs or whatever and my camera will just decide to wander in a slow 360 pan around Lara. Not a cinematic, not a completely different camera angle that I can't control, just a slow drift. It's annoying and makes me kinda motion sick. I have to push in on the camera button to get it to stop. So I take it back, different things bother different people. For some it's the slowdowns, for me it's the drifty camera. Still, i'm loving the game. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/lei.gif Maybe this is caused by your controller? The right analogue stick may not settle properly into the dead zone. I've had this with a few games and if there is an option to twiddle with the analogue sensitivity then this usually gets rid of it. Maybe there isn't such an option with this game though.

araltforc
28-06-03, 20:05
Hmmm. That's a good point. I know you can't tweak the controls in the game, but I may be able to do something through my PS2 setup. Thanks for the suggestion! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif