PDA

View Full Version : least favourite level anyone?

ombre
25-03-05, 15:01
as much as i love the game - must've completed it at least a dozen times now and still not got bored - does anyone have a level that just makes them groan every time the loading screen comes up?

mine? Bio-Research facility. beautiful to look at, but errgghhh!!! too big and boring for me.

best level has to be carvier's apartment. a million times just wouldn't be enough. :D

Anubis_AF
25-03-05, 15:08
I have no - least favourite - level in AOD.

Jordy
25-03-05, 15:18
I hate the Louvre storm drains. All that poking around in sewer water and pipes with the annoying music in the background.

777IcE777
25-03-05, 15:27
I definetly hate the sanitarium. Those mutants scared the hell out of me!!!!

Nicky
25-03-05, 16:08
The two main Kurtis levels - Sanitarium and MCA. Although I must admit that the designers have managed to create a really convincing atmosphere.

Scottlee
25-03-05, 16:19
In the world of avatar characters, I think Nicky's deflated princess is badly missing her long lost love, Mr Skeleton.

Re worst level : It's got to be the Hall of Seasons, the true coup-de-schloss for a long line of increasingly yawn-inducing four keys for one lock levels. Pure tedium.

Nicky
25-03-05, 16:27
Originally posted by Scottlee:
In the world of avatar characters, I think Nicky's deflated princess is badly missing her long lost love, Mr Skeleton.Yeah, indeed :( But she got sick of waiting and decided to take a nap http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif :D

You mentioned Hall of Seasons, and I remembered the four valves room at the basement. I always get anxious down there because I have the tendency to forget the location (and the existence) of one of the valves :rolleyes:

Scottlee
25-03-05, 16:32
Originally posted by Nicky:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scottlee:
In the world of avatar characters, I think Nicky's deflated princess is badly missing her long lost love, Mr Skeleton.Yeah, indeed :( But she got sick of waiting and decided to take a nap http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif :D
:rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Well, we corpses have absolutely no sense of timing.

Re valve machine : Ah, who can forget this malovent contraption? It's only a dabble of Jiff short of being another Willy Wonka bubble machine, at least in terms of design stupidity.

Von.Cry
25-03-05, 16:39
My least favourite level is also Louvre Storm Drains :(
Once you get the first light up, you already know what to do after that.

only it's a long and boring process, somtimes I wish there was a fast forward button :(

ombre
25-03-05, 16:48
My least favourite level is also Louvre Storm Drains
Once you get the first light up, you already know what to do after that. yes, but at least it looks quite pretty. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anubis_AF
25-03-05, 16:55
It looks beautiful for the fact it's a sewer :D

Scottlee
25-03-05, 17:08
I always wonder why Lara doesn't run around these sort of levels wearing a nose peg. (remember "cistern"?) She seems far more keen on saying "I'm not strong enough", rather than "God it reeks in here!".

badhairday
25-03-05, 17:33
For me Boaz Returns, because it was super easy and now there is this whole cliffhanger on whether Kurtis will live or die or even make it to the next game. BOO!
Poor Kurtis.

Anker
25-03-05, 18:31
I hate The Strahov Fortress, Maximun Containment Area, and The Serpent Rouge...

They are soo boring -_-

777IcE777
25-03-05, 21:30
I so love the music from serpent rouge.

There was one underwater level which you had to pull 2 "hendels", that level took me awhile cause I didn't know the combination. So I tried every combination, at least I thougt. Nothing happend so I had to do it all over again. The second time I succeeded. I forget the name of the level, but this was definetly one of the levels I didn't like. (to many combiantions :eek: )

Nikola
26-03-05, 12:28
Originally posted by badhairday:
For me Boaz Returns, because it was super easy and now there is this whole cliffhanger on whether Kurtis will live or die or even make it to the next game. BOO!
Poor Kurtis. I second everything above!

Catlantean
26-03-05, 17:38
Boaz Returns. I absolutely hated to spend all that ammo on killing her and then find out that - surprise surprise! - it didn't really do her any serious damage. And it was such a let-down to go through the big bug's bites and Boaz's lightnings (and Kurtis's slowness) just to see her kill Kurtis in the end! :mad: It was pointless. Why didn't he kill her with the Chirugai right away?

Anubis_AF
26-03-05, 18:03
Everyone is wondering that Cat.
It would've been sooooo much faster and he wouldn't have to die.

Taker Fan
26-03-05, 19:18
The Louvre Galleries for me,because when touch the lasers it makes that annyoing alarm sound and the guard comes out.

Taker Fan
26-03-05, 19:20
The Louvre Galleries for me,because when touch the lasers it makes that annyoing alarm sound and the guard comes out.

Taker Fan
26-03-05, 19:30
Sorry for double post.

Taker Fan
26-03-05, 19:33
Sorry for double post.

Taker Fan
26-03-05, 19:35
Again, sorry for double post because my computer is very slow so I have to click the add reply button twice.

Foamy
27-03-05, 15:06
I hate the tomb of ancients level. It's so pointless. :confused: why?!

Anubis_AF
27-03-05, 15:13
But it's one of the tomby levels, and they are few. I really enjoyed it :D http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif

Foamy
27-03-05, 15:18
True. But I still see no point in it as the shotgun also appears in the hall of seasons level so it's not as if it really has a point. It is a nice level though.

Hazel
29-03-05, 14:15
i hated the boaz returns level, the louve drains, and the santarium level and the bioresearch facility levels. they all the bored me!

njdogluver89
30-03-05, 05:52
My least favorite level would be the Maximum Containment Area, those zombies took so much ammo to kill and they were all over the place. If it wasn't for that glitch before the fan in the Sanitarium I don't think you would have had enough ammo to get through that level. I also didn't like the Aquatic Research Area or the Strahov Fortress, too big and boring.

khoinguyenvn
03-10-05, 11:36
i can't used control for weapon,how to use weapon can you help me exactly how use the gun
thank you

AnthonyShock1515
03-10-05, 13:42
Bio research was fun, but It would have been better with some music, and not some deep dark music.

I was scared of the Kurtis levels, Hall of Seasons was good but I only had to put 2 stones in the recepticle and then the door could be opened with the remaining 2 bolts still over.

My favorites were Hall of Seasons, Tomb of Ancients.

Strahov was boring along with Monstrum Crimescene.

Lost domain was ****, I didnt even know what the point was in it!

Eckarts lab was good, I liked that descending cage, hehe

I hated Bouchards hideout and Derelict Apts!

Scottlee
03-10-05, 16:22
The section with Kurtis. It just didn't feel right playing with someone else other than Lara.

Tomb Raider Master
03-10-05, 20:33
The least favourite levels are The Sanitarium and Maximum Containtment Area. They are so scary, specially those mutants. I also don't like Boaz Returns level.

Nicky
03-10-05, 20:53
Originally posted by khoinguyenvn:
i can't used control for weapon,how to use weapon can you help me exactly how use the gun
thank you Welcome to the forum http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

To use a weapon, hit Tab to bring up the inventory, select Weapons from the menu on the right and choose the weapon you want (assuming that you have at least one weapon). Hit Esc to get back to the game and hit Action (Ctrl on PC) to shoot.

spitxmexout
04-10-05, 09:43
Kurtis's levels were a bugger to try and beat.
And those zombies =S

Lost Angel 21
05-10-05, 00:33
I hated The Breath of Hades. My friend was over and I couldn't figure out how to raise the pillars cuz I didn't know there was a lever, which I should have known by then cuz it's Tomb Raider. He goes: "Oh you have to jump down onto the pillars." I did so and died. This happened for about five or ten mintures until I realized what I was doing wrong. ANd I hated Boaz Returns when I played it for the first time. I think I died about fifteen times before I beat her. lol.

SpongeBob Lover
12-11-05, 01:32
Strahov Fortress- so boring and pointless
Boaz Returns- cause Kurtie dies(or does he?)
Hall of Seasons- so confusing
St. Aicards Graveyard- gives me the creeps,the music is creepy and I dont like graveyards
Bouchards Hideout- creepy,dark and then theres that deformed dude that Ekhard got midevil on and the deformed dude looks like a zombie *shivers*

lorien elf
12-11-05, 05:10
lol, Scotlee, liked what you said about the "bubble machine" haha. sorry, anyway. I like the graveyard, it was short though and in that with little to do, kind of boring. that mutated guy was creepy. I think it freaked me out for a while cause I wasn't sure if he'd get up and attack any time, even though he didn't really seem capable of doing so later on. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif but I think I disliked Le Serpent Rouge, 'cause it was sort of boring, and the Storm Drains were icky and boring, in a way, and Boaz was not too difficult, once figured out finally that shooting those greenish glowing holes was the idea but Kurtis' slowness was annoying. one thing I did miss about playing with Lara in the older games, I could be sure she'd be much faster. anyway, I liked the Sanitarium a bit. It was spooky a little at first but now I think of it as fun. heh. and the bio dome was interesting.

lorien elf
12-11-05, 05:12
oh yes, and sorry but I hated Boaz level 'cause Kurtie dies. I was actually very disappointed in that moment if I wasn't supposed to be affected at all, but I was. Kind of damn let-down. I was sad. We had played him those two levels, which felt sort of like a lot when they killed him, and then well, that was the end. I think that's bull****. sorry. I wanted Kurtie to be alive!!

GodOfLight
12-11-05, 08:14
defenetly the breath of hades! those jumps were horrible!!

thomas.smith.503
12-11-05, 09:10
I didn't like The Archaeological Dig much, there was a really annoying jump, and a glitch where I kept dying I seem to remember!

I also HATED the Strahov Fortress level.

I actually liked the sewers level, I thought that was quite cool.

Angelus
12-11-05, 09:42
Least favourite levels? Hmm.. Hall of Seasons, Tomb of Ancients and the Strahov.

lorien elf
13-11-05, 01:49
Didn't some part of the Tomb of Ancients look cool, at least by the design? hehe, I should take a look at the game again someday, for all that I say about it. lol, but I agree, the hall of Seasons wasn't that great either. I didnt like the breath of hades much either, probably. come to think of it, I bet I used the strategy guides available via internet quite a lot. hehe. helped me through the painful levels. ;) http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Theodora
14-11-05, 13:46
[ 14. November 2005, 13:49: Message edited by: imdreamingawake ]

Theodora
14-11-05, 13:47
louvre storm drains and hall of seasons are the levels that i hate. they are driving me crazy! omg! i forgot the worst level! BOAZ RETURNS!!! u know how long i was stuck there? 1 year and 2 months! i copleted it yesterday by the way...

Theodora
14-11-05, 19:33
I hated Boaz level 'cause Kurtie dies. I was actually very disappointed in that moment if I wasn't supposed to be affected at all, but I was. Kind of damn let-down. I was sad. We had played him those two levels, which felt sort of like a lot when they killed him, and then well, that was the end. I think that's bull****. sorry. I wanted Kurtie to be alive!! from what i understood kurtis didnt die. if u notice at the end of the game(in the cut scene) lara goes to the place where kurtis and boaz fought. there is blood and kurtis's weapon(the gold one, u know, wich she takes) but theres no kurtis ;) so he must have gotten out of there.
becides, eidos said that they were going to use him in aod2(wich is not going to happen) but dont be sad. he is alive :D

lorien elf
15-11-05, 04:13
Hehe, thanks imdreamingawake for the correction. of course that's so true, how could I forget that? hehe, but in a way, it still seems like he did, just because Eidos won't be continuing Core's AOD sequel game things. It seems like we've lost him, at least. hehe but that is still encouraging, that Core was going to use him in the second one. Didnt know that. thanks. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif But still, it was disappointing that very moment he was stabbed. heh, you must know, after it took so long to defeat Boaz. I gave in and used a cheat: strategy tips from this website, I think. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif