PDA

View Full Version : Problem Jump in Tomb of Ancients

Kat2
27-06-03, 08:20
I'm stuck in the Tomb of Ancients. In the walkthrough, it says you climb down to the platform, which I have no problem with. But when I try to jump to that large post that juts out above the bridge, I can never make it. Standing jumps make me fall short, and running jumps make me overshoot. I can't get Lara to grab on either. I've tried this jump about 20 different times. Is it a matter of just trying till you get it? Did you do it with a standing jump or a running jump? Did you have to grab the edge and pull up? Is there a good spot to stand on the platform to start the jump? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Shark026
27-06-03, 08:30
I don't think I had a problem with that jump. However, throughout the game it seems like you have to just keep doing it until you make it! I know how frustrating it gets, but keep trying.

On some jumps it helps if you stand in the middle of the platform and then perform a standing jump, even though you said it came short try that and see if it works. I know I have used this method in other instances.

VENGEANCE
27-06-03, 09:12
Also make sure that you are not holding L1 when you are performing a standing jump because that makes you do a short standing jump. A standing jump should be able to do it but if you are short then hold x while falling because you might grab on to the ledge before falling to your doom. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/music2.gif

Kat2
27-06-03, 21:01
Thanks. No, I am not doing the short jump. Anyways, I will keep trying. These @#$#@$ controls in the game...and I'm sure it doesn't help that this is my first TR on the PS...all the others I've only had on PC.