PDA

View Full Version : D*** Spoilers

rdefonseka
27-06-03, 11:05
Please TLR Admins create another board or something to help us poor gamers who haven't even played AOD yet!!!

I scan thru the posts regularly to find out what's happening with release dates (still!!).

Some posts SUBJECTS even have spoilers (e.g. the one about Kurtis as Boss).

What can we do about this ???

Draco
27-06-03, 11:07
Well you are bound to run into more info than you want to hear, it is all part of the Big Forum Experience...and people like to gloat, so it comes naturally...

All you can do is try to ignore it and 'discover' AoD for yourself... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stuart_CFC
27-06-03, 12:23
Originally posted by rdefonseka:
Please TLR Admins create another board or something to help us poor gamers who haven't even played AOD yet!!!

I scan thru the posts regularly to find out what's happening with release dates (still!!).

Some posts SUBJECTS even have spoilers (e.g. the one about Kurtis as Boss).

What can we do about this ???You could start by not posting the spolier again in another thread like you just did!!! :mad:

Uvavoo
27-06-03, 12:29
I agree with Draco in general about accidentally 'bumping into' information you did not want to know.
Although, it is not difficult to warn people before spoiling.
For example titles could contain the word Spoiler.
And where a spoiler appears in the body of the text the word SPOILER could precede it. Its not exactly rocket science, it is simply common courtesy.
I never did like people who 'gloat' anyway.

Wedge598
27-06-03, 12:52
Yes, please mods, add a AOD Help board that is for help with the game and spoilers so that we can leave this one clean for all members who haven't got it yet.

findus
27-06-03, 13:22
It was hard not to filter this out with the BIG SPOILER at the top of the forums.

obiwanquinobi
27-06-03, 13:31
This spoiler business is getting out of hand. Although I dont believe that people are doing it deliberatly or out of spite.

Its going to be difficult to sub divide the forum into a "board for those who have it" and a "board for those who dont"

What I suggest is a sticky thread right at the top of the board saying PLEASE DONT POST SPOILERS - SPECIFY IN YOUR THREAD TITLE IF IT CONTAINS SPOILERS
Or words to that effect -

Or I can post an anti-spoiler thread and we can all bump it now and again!

Thoughts?

[ 27. June 2003, 14:35: Message edited by: obiwanquinobi ]

Uvavoo
27-06-03, 13:48
Yes, good idea obiwan.
I think in this instance though, because it is such a bad spoiler, feelings are running quite high.
I am normally a peaceful, quiet fellow, but the more I think of it the more annoyed I have become.
You generously say that you think that this is not done deliberately or out of spite, in most cases I think that this is true, but in this case I'm not so sure.

uvavoo

Edit:
Oh, and I would respectfully suggest that if anyone should be annoyed by the above mentioned spoiler - please do not to post on that thread, it brings it back to the top! ;)

[ 27. June 2003, 14:52: Message edited by: Uvavoo ]

Draco
27-06-03, 14:04
I don't have AoD yet, so the spoilers get to me too...

But that's alright, Im going to rediscover the whole game when I play it and be totally surprised ( ;) ) when the things I know will happen do happen...