PDA

View Full Version : Should we speak out?

Fireyes
27-06-03, 23:47
I'm really starting to think, that with all the bugs, and complaints, we should all speak up to Eidos. A lot of us have been waiting a long time for this game to come out, and they were right when they said it would be an amazing revolutionary game. The system is really cool, and I, for one, like the controls (it just takes a bit of getting used to). The problem is, they never should have realeased this game with still so many problems, you'd think AoD was a new version on Windows with all the bugs it has. I seriously think, we should speak up, whether they recall it and fix it is up to them, or if they want to do something for all of us who shelled out $50 for something that wasn't really worth that much money.

In all my years playing video games, I have never seen anything done this poorly, and I feel we should make Eidos aware of just how dissapointed we all are. They shouldn't be able to do this again. AoD is a really good game, but the bugs are just too much. I like playing it, but when I keep having to load because of a bug that won't let me continue, I am reminded again of how dissapointed I am.

I want to know how everybody feels about this... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/grouphug.gif

lara13
28-06-03, 00:00
I'm happy with the way it is I'm just mad at Eidos for spending all that time and not fixing all the bugs. The game is better than the others graphics wise I don't know why everyone is saying there are so many bugs I mean when you compare it to previous games it's the best. I guess what I'm trying to say is if that you are going to complain about it, whether or not you've played it, and have nothing good at all to say about get the HELL outta here and quit frustrating me. It's the game itselg that should matter and Lara and the story not the friggin bugs and stuff. So listen to what I say because I'm serious about this, and you may not care but if this complaining doesn't stop I'm going to give up on Tomb Raider and this site and any other site that has it. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/violent.gif :mad: :mad:

Fireyes
28-06-03, 00:09
First off, yes, the graphics are much better, but that's manily because it's on PS2, and has MUCH better capibilities than PSX. But second off, I was just saying that Eidos shouldn't make another game with out fixing all the bugs. I mean, it's something you're going to here everywhere, yes, it may be annoying that everybody keeps talking about the bugs, but you're going to get that because of how bad they are. I for one, really do like the game, but you need to calm down, becuase people ARE going to talk about them, and well, Freedom of Speech, sadly, you can't get them to stop, you can only ignore it, so that's what i suggest you do.

Oh, and i have no clue what you're talking about with the other games bug wise. I've played through all of them, and didn't see as many in all of them combined as this game. Although this game is a lot more fun to play, it's also aggraviting because of all of the restarting you have to do because of the bugs.

[ 28. June 2003, 01:12: Message edited by: Fireyes ]

tank6176
28-06-03, 00:36
I guess what I'm trying to say is if that you are going to complain about it, whether or not you've played it, and have nothing good at all to say about get the HELL outta here and quit frustrating me. It's the game itselg that should matter and Lara and the story not the friggin bugs and stuff You must be joking.

Look people pay $50, they want something that's a quality piece of software. And they're totally right. This game is full of bugs, and the controls are not very good. The manual stinks too.

I had fun, don't get me wrong, but there are a number of unresolved issues.

It's very obvious to me that this game got pushed out the door. Many people were waiting a long time for it so they pushed out a product that wasn't finished.

Also, this is a "tomb raider" forum, not a "Only post if you love everything about tomb raider" forum. If you are only interested in the story, then I'm sure you could have found it on a site somewhere and not had to pay the $50 for the game at all.

IMO, you should be banned from the forum for telling someone to "get the hell out" just for stating a well thought out opinion. You can disagree all you want, but you should keep the insults and swearing to yourself because it makes you look immature and makes you lose credibility.

My 2 cents.

lara13
28-06-03, 00:37
First of all I'm mad at those people because they keep saying how bad the game is and they go on and on, and they just kepp goin. If they would just shut the hell up then it would be more peaceful. Either you like and talk good about the game or you say it's c-rapy and you leave. Some people don't want to here it if you're a loyal Tomb Raider Fan then you won't say that this one game is the worst and you won't get it...You know what I think you get the point now...

BTW/I am calm, and the other games do have much worse bugs but they are fun to use(such as the one where you can go through walls, or the one where you can go on Lara's house, etc.) that's why no one complains about them; they're different bugs.

[ 28. June 2003, 01:47: Message edited by: lara13 ]

Draco
28-06-03, 00:43
I don't have the game yet, but this is normal for most games. There are those who are frustrated and those who are patient. Ideally, we will figure out the best way to deal with it without going into any diatribes.

lara13
28-06-03, 00:45
Originally posted by tank6176:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I guess what I'm trying to say is if that you are going to complain about it, whether or not you've played it, and have nothing good at all to say about get the HELL outta here and quit frustrating me. It's the game itselg that should matter and Lara and the story not the friggin bugs and stuff You must be joking.

Look people pay $50, they want something that's a quality piece of software. And they're totally right. This game is full of bugs, and the controls are not very good. The manual stinks too.

I had fun, don't get me wrong, but there are a number of unresolved issues.

It's very obvious to me that this game got pushed out the door. Many people were waiting a long time for it so they pushed out a product that wasn't finished.

Also, this is a "tomb raider" forum, not a "Only post if you love everything about tomb raider" forum. If you are only interested in the story, then I'm sure you could have found it on a site somewhere and not had to pay the $50 for the game at all.

IMO, you should be banned from the forum for telling someone to "get the hell out" just for stating a well thought out opinion. You can disagree all you want, but you should keep the insults and swearing to yourself because it makes you look immature and makes you lose credibility.

My 2 cents.</font>[/QUOTE]You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. I mean why come waist your time coming here to complain when you could be complaining to someone more important like Eidos. It's pointless to complain if you don't care about the game at all.

[ 28. June 2003, 01:46: Message edited by: lara13 ]

Fireyes
28-06-03, 00:51
Everyone has a right to say ON AND ON how BAD OR how GOOD the game is. Remember that little thing, free speech. Why can't it just be ignored if some people want to talk about the bugs? If anyone doesn't want to read about it, then just ignore those posts, and don't read them...
AS A LOYAL Tomb Raider fan, I have to say that the bugs are a HUGE problem...
Another thing, I don't appreiciate being told off for starting a thread. You seriously do need to calm down Lara13, because wether you say you are or not, you aren't calm.

Anyway, it would be NICE to get back to this thread's original point, unless someone wants to lose sight of the point again?

Fireyes
28-06-03, 00:55
Originally posted by lara13:
You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. I mean why come waist your time coming here to complain when you could be complaining to someone more important like Eidos. It's pointless to complain if you don't care about the game at all.What on earth do you think i started this thread for?!?!? I wanted people to speak out AS A GROUP to Eidos... :rolleyes: honestly, did you read what was written at ALL?! AND who says we don't care? We care, and that's why we're talking about it!

[ 28. June 2003, 01:56: Message edited by: Fireyes ]