PDA

View Full Version : Lara's Voice?

Cookin
14-04-05, 00:37
Who will they cast for her voice?Will it be the same women from T6?
I rather like the one they are using in AOD

Camera Obscura
14-04-05, 00:47
Hi cookin! I hope they get the same person from TR4-AOD (Jonell Elliot is her name, not sure) But if CD must get a different voice, then I hope they let us choose who we want.

They have three voices to choose from, why not let us choose by giving us samples of their voices at the official website. They could make a poll for us to vote on. If they really listen to the fans, then this is one way of letting us pick our New Lara's Voice. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Gomes
14-04-05, 00:47
I never noticed much of a difference in voices. It will be a nice polite voice. I don't want Lara being nasty.

Cookin
14-04-05, 00:51
Now that i think about it Camera Obscura,your right!TR4 was the best voice,i've got the feeling they might go for someone new though :(

in_tux
14-04-05, 01:04
Yeah Gomes, I also don't want Lara's voice to be nasty. I'd rather want something polite yet sexy at the same time. A poll from Crystal Dynamics is a great idea. I doubt it, though. Nevertheless, I have high hopes that we won't be dissapointed with the new voice! :D

Camera Obscura
14-04-05, 01:07
As long as the person sounds like the one from TR4 - AOD (Jonell Elliot) and they sound British, it's okay by me.

I forgot, anyone except the woman from TR2/3! I didn't like her voice, it sounded too manly and too old. Lara isn't manly or old!

Cookin
14-04-05, 01:09
Hmm maybe Liz Hurley,looks a bit like her,ha ha!

badhairday
14-04-05, 01:34
I want Jonell! She was perfect! The TR2 voice was too deep.

JACOBryanBURNS
14-04-05, 02:04
the AOD woman sounded... like her accent was a fake...too performed, I lived in Surrey for three years and honey, I have never heard anything like what the AOD woman did. Never.

ViperCLKGTR
14-04-05, 02:16
I hope they bring back the AOD voice over.

Raidergrl645
14-04-05, 02:42
I thought the voice in TR4-AOD was too high. I liked the deeper voice of TR2 and 3 because it made Lara sound like a sophisticated woman in her late 20s.

I raid tombs
14-04-05, 09:16
I seriously hope that they could bring back Judith Gibbins from Tomb Raider 2 and 3. She made Lara seem very mature where Jonell Elliot made Lara seem too childish. Does anyone know who the voice of Lara was in Tomb Raider 1?

Colin125
14-04-05, 09:18
I hope Jonell Elliot is the voice of Lara but it would be ok I guess if she isn't. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

JamesFKirk
14-04-05, 10:05
Larapalooza: It was to be seen somewhere on imdb.com...

Notts Raider
14-04-05, 10:17
Shelley Blond: did TR1

Jonell Elliott: Did 4,5 & 6

[ 14. April 2005, 11:30: Message edited by: Notts Raider ]

Neteru
14-04-05, 11:43
Originally posted by Larapalooza:
I seriously hope that they could bring back Judith Gibbins from Tomb Raider 2 and 3.Would be nice, but I doubt it. Judith Gibbins has always been my favourite Lara voice.

Linden
14-04-05, 12:27
@Camera Obscura
Well she is 36, isnt she http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

VSL
14-04-05, 12:32
I wouldn't mind them starting afresh for Legend.

Only TR lover
14-04-05, 12:32
Jonell Elliot! :D but without all those AAHHH...OOHHH...AARRGGHHH... sounds http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif TR2 and TR3 Lara sounded too...I don't know...

Quiver.
14-04-05, 14:04
Deffenitly Jonell Elliot! The voice in AOD, was great http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

lara_lover_000
14-04-05, 14:04
Hmmmm....how 'bout using Angelina Jolie....she did pretty well in the TR movies....

Neteru
14-04-05, 14:46
You're joking. Her effort at an English accent was cringworthy.

Notts Raider
14-04-05, 14:51
I thought she did rather well, but I'm a Northerner so what do I know :D

lara_lover_000
14-04-05, 14:51
Neteru,

That's your opinion sweetie....I think the other voices were fine. Just a suggestion.

[ 14. April 2005, 15:55: Message edited by: lara_lover_000 ]

Neteru
14-04-05, 15:20
Originally posted by lara_lover_000:
That's your opinion sweetie....Indeed so, and that's what we're here for, to express opinions. ;)

Nicky
14-04-05, 15:24
I liked Jonell Elliot best.

Helena Bonham Carter could voice Lara, she has a very cool british accent.

crux2
14-04-05, 16:10
i didn't see anything wrong with Angelina's accent. Damn sight better than other attempts.

As for Lara's voice it has to be Jonell Elliot, lara sounded older in 2+3 than in the later games. I think changing her voice now would be a bit much though.

Also, I think reverting back to the old one would feel really wierd and uncomfortable for lack of better wording.

_Mica_
14-04-05, 16:16
Jonell Elliot! Her voice was great. I think it suits Lara's personality. I agree with crux2, changing her voice would be a bit too much.

Diamondforever91
14-04-05, 16:28
i don't mind really i think the voice she had in 4-6 was good.. i don't want it 2 change from that...

Camera Obscura
14-04-05, 21:14
Originally posted by Linden:
@Camera Obscura
Well she is 36, isnt she http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif But she isn't a man to have such a deep voice like that, or else no one would find her attractive :D

Swindle
14-04-05, 21:24
I think 3-4 sounded pretty good. 2 was to deep. One sounded like a child is lost in the forest. She did not sound convincing. Not very good. Six was not bad. It deffinitly had an accent sound to her.

Smith will Suffice
14-04-05, 21:27
i think kate beckinsale has a nice accent and could pull lara off very well with the proper training and such.

but i would like jonell to return. judith's voice is classic albeit, but i like a younger sounding lara.

-Smith

Camera Obscura
14-04-05, 21:31
Originally posted by Swindle:
I think 3-4 sounded pretty good. 2 was to deep. One sounded like a child is lost in the forest. She did not sound convincing. Not very good. Six was not bad. It deffinitly had an accent sound to her. The one who did TR2 also did TR3 and the one who did TR4 also did TR5 AND AOD. TR4 is the same voice as AOD. But your opinion is your opinion I guess, just wanna let you know. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ellis_uk
14-04-05, 21:43
hey. i live in essex in england and i went up to a pub with my family and noticed everyone crowding round this women. i didnt understand why, i didnt recognize her from anywhere so i walked over to see what was going on.

everyone was asking her to say things lara croft says. i didnt realise at the time and i was thinking for ages where i had heard the voice. then someone told me it was the woman who does the voice of lara croft, (from tomb raider one, two and three at the time). so i got her autograph :D . it was funny everyone wa getting her to say "NO" like she does in the game. it was great

[ 14. April 2005, 22:50: Message edited by: Ellis_uk ]

Camera Obscura
14-04-05, 21:54
Which woman was? Was she the basic english Lara or foriegn language (which language)?

Was it Jonell Elliot or someone else?

larasfrend
25-04-05, 18:10
They're hardly likely to hire A-list actresses for game voices, they would have to pay someone like Angelina Jolie a HELL of a lot.

I liked AJ's English accent. It wasn't spotless, but it was pleasant enough.

FallenxFromxLight
25-04-05, 19:40
If I remember right AOD was pretty big budget. It just wasn't finished at release.

Genocide
26-04-05, 01:47
Originally posted by larasfrend:
They're hardly likely to hire A-list actresses for game voices, they would have to pay someone like Angelina Jolie a HELL of a lot.
I dunno, look at he GTA games and look at the people they got to do voice overs! Jenna Jameson, Ray Liotta are to name a couple, But they even got Axl Rose to lend his voice to San Andreas as a DJ for the KDust station, and to put it nicely, he's a bigger celebrity than AJ ever will be!

in_tux
26-04-05, 02:42
I bet Jonell Elliot can make her voice a little bit less nasty! I think she did a great job! :D