PDA

View Full Version : Proof of realistic combat damage in Legend!?

interstellardave
08-08-05, 17:12
In the video footage on the dvd with Septembers issue of PSM magazine, Lara drops an enemy with 1 (just 1) shotgun blast! Could it finally be that the uber-enemies of past games are gone? Hopefully, to make it realistic, Lara is just as vulnerable when hit with an appropriate number of shots. Difficulty levels probably have something to do with this though! :D

ben croft
08-08-05, 17:18
To me it's great. Hope I don't find any enemy with a rocket launcher. :D

[ 08. August 2005, 18:22: Message edited by: ben croft ]

RAID
08-08-05, 17:51
It would be kinda boring to kill one enmy with just one shot. Shotgun takes at least 2 shots in previous instalments.

Rocket launcher however, that's a totally diff thing. One shot should kill any enemies, even groups.

Sorry to disappoint you Ben Croft but I think we'll meet enemies with rocket launchers. :(

I've read on various articles that Lara won't find weapons and ammo in temples and tombs like she used to do. This time she gets weapons that enemies leave behind. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

More realistic and enjoyable if you ask me.

I also love the fact that lara doesn't have unlimited space anymore.

In other TRs I just end up with a lot of weapons with lots of ammo which I don't use until the end.

[ 08. August 2005, 18:55: Message edited by: Raid ]

interstellardave
08-08-05, 17:59
The shotgun shot was at point blank range though. That's another thing, the shotgun should have maximum effect at close range but less effect farther away...

I just never liked how in past games you could pump lead into people and they'd never die! And Lara could take endless amounts of punishment as well. I'm hoping that damage will be more realistic, along with the enemy AI being a lot better. Gunfights might be a tad more interesting--and dangerous, especially if the enemies take cover when available!

I NEVER felt I couldn't win a gun-fight in the previous games, no matter how many guys I was fighting. I never even felt unsafe! I hope that changes.

shockwave_pulsar00
08-08-05, 18:00
Enemy health probably depends on the level of difficulty you choose.

Greenkey2
08-08-05, 18:17
I like the bit about not finding ammo, guns etc in the tombs - how many ancient mummies do you know thought they'd be going up against Lara Croft in the afterlife? :rolleyes:

I'm also cheered by the more realistic gun combat - it was weird having to shoot a SCORPION two or three times with PISTOLS to get it to die :D

XxxxLaraxxxX
08-08-05, 20:24
Originally posted by Greenkey2:

I'm also cheered by the more realistic gun combat - it was weird having to shoot a SCORPION two or three times with PISTOLS to get it to die :D but did you fire two entire CLIPS of automatic rounds into a DOG and see that it was STILL ALIVE in AOD?? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

Opie
08-08-05, 21:36
I am so glad how TRL is so realistic now. THis should be the best game of this generation with all of the realism in it. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/clown.gif

[ 08. August 2005, 22:40: Message edited by: odie ]

UNDERTAKER
08-08-05, 22:00
Originally posted by interstellardave:
In the video footage on the dvd with Septembers issue of PSM magazine, Lara drops an enemy with 1 (just 1) shotgun blast! Could it finally be that the uber-enemies of past games are gone? Hopefully, to make it realistic, Lara is just as vulnerable when hit with an appropriate number of shots. Difficulty levels probably have something to do with this though! :D Dave, is the footage on the DVD new?

Aled
08-08-05, 22:58
i hope since everything is supposed to be more realistic that the bad guys blow up with the grenade launcher like in previous games with just 1 fatal blast

RedManiac
09-08-05, 00:36
UT, from what I read, the footage is similiar but from a different perspective. Like someone different was playing it. I would like to see it for myself. Hint, hint to all that might have it. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Spitfire
09-08-05, 02:09
well i try to rip it with a program but i cant garuntee it, ill try, its really similar to the 13 min e3 one just its solves the big circular wheel puzle different by just swinging into it and knocking it over and using a shotgun on an enemy.

interstellardave
09-08-05, 10:55
Originally posted by UNDERTAKER:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by interstellardave:
In the video footage on the dvd with Septembers issue of PSM magazine, Lara drops an enemy with 1 (just 1) shotgun blast! Could it finally be that the uber-enemies of past games are gone? Hopefully, to make it realistic, Lara is just as vulnerable when hit with an appropriate number of shots. Difficulty levels probably have something to do with this though! :D Dave, is the footage on the DVD new? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the same demo we saw being played by Riley Cooper at E3 but it's being played a little differently by whomever is playing it. Thus, there's nothing fantastically new about it although I liked seeing the shotgun in use!