PDA

View Full Version : The Big Poll - Which Software Do You Prefer?

tlr online
25-12-05, 22:51
You knew it was only a matter of time before I canvassed opinion. Be nice now.. ;)

tombraider123
25-12-05, 22:53
New one rules!, How do i change my font ?

ELEN
25-12-05, 22:54
Err... I pretend I never saw this poll :D

Tramp
25-12-05, 22:54
You really need to ask. I would have thought it was a no brainer. vBulletin is so much better.

The only other forum (apart from Family Trees which doesn't count) that I am a member of is vBulletin and there are so many more features. For special occassions there is even an adaption to play music on the Index Page. Like Christmas etc.

Thorn
25-12-05, 22:58
lol, tlr, :P

Anubis_AF
25-12-05, 23:02
Definitely vBulletin :tmb:

Jacob x5
25-12-05, 23:05
Looks like I'm the only one who voted for the old software. It was so much better and I'd just love to get it back. I know I'll probably get used to this in time but this place just doesn't feel like home anymore.

UNDERTAKER
25-12-05, 23:07
vBulletin!!! vBulletin!!! vBulletin!!!

Please people, vote for this new software! It has so much potential!

Anubis_AF
25-12-05, 23:11
I agree with UT. Please support this new one :hug:

LOL @ the third option :D

Jacob x5
25-12-05, 23:14
Good things about the new software:

The extremely quick replies and the fact that you can change your font size and style (even though I can't work out how).

Bad things about the new software:

The layout and the fact I don't know where everything is.
The fact that there are no profile/pm/edit shortcuts on peoples' posts.

REALLY bad thigns about the new software:

YOU CAN'T EDIT YOUR OWN POSTS?!?!?!?!?!
What if you want to change a point or correct mistakes or add bits in or sort out images or URLs that didn't work or anything like that? :mad:

|
|
V

EDIT: Upon realising that post editing is now enabled, I just EDITED my post to add this little note in saying that the "REALLY bad thigns (thigns?!) about the new software" bit is all lies now. (HA! HOW IRONIC!)

tlr online
25-12-05, 23:14

The extremely quick replies and the fact that you can change your font size and style (even though I can't work out how).

What if you want to change a point or correct mistakes or add bits in or sort out images or URLs that didn't work or anything like that? :mad:
OK. Edit feature enabled.

Anubis_AF
25-12-05, 23:17

It is just a matter of time. You'll be able to edit posts soon. As for profiles, click on a person's avatar and you'll get a lot of options including PM feature.

You'll get used to the layout :)

mau3genius
25-12-05, 23:18
The old software.

Tramp
25-12-05, 23:24
Jacob it may be that you haven't enable all the features so that you can post links and change your fonts.http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=48900&page=4

I have explained how this is done to change. You will then see everything up the top of the reply form, either full reply or quick reply, you will also see the Smilies.

Jacob x5
25-12-05, 23:28
Sorry guys! Lol, check my rather ironic EDIT I made to my previous post. (HAHA!)

EDIT (Hehe, getting a bit carried away now): Tramp, thank you for the link but it doesn't appear to work. :ton:

Tramp
25-12-05, 23:33
Ok Jacob go to page 4 of the Font Test Thread.

It works now Jacob, I didn't realize it put http in twice. This is a much newer version of vBulletin than the one I am used to.

Henhead
26-12-05, 01:32
Yay the poll is going in the right direction - nice work tlr - thanks v.much

tlr online
26-12-05, 01:34
Want me to upload an avatar for you?

Geck-o-Lizard
26-12-05, 01:41
New, new, new!

Very refreshing to be using some mainstream software now. I love the features they introduced into 3.5.2 as well, like inline post editing, and that we can now submit posts using the ALT+S shortcut. And change our fonts.

tlr online
26-12-05, 01:43
Lemme get my glasses. I can't read what you've written :p

Thorn
26-12-05, 01:48
I don't like the lightness. It doesn't seem very welcoming. It's way too stale and lifeless. Darker/richer colours would make this place more welcoming like before.

Mark Garcia
26-12-05, 01:49
I love vBulletin.

tlr online
26-12-05, 01:50
I'd better find a dark theme quick for Thorn. :wve:

Nephili
26-12-05, 07:48
Its too early to tell for me, because i love the old software, but this new software seems really cool, i guess ill grow to like it :wve:

BoyTRaider
26-12-05, 10:05
You all already know my answer! ;)

Colin125
26-12-05, 10:14
100% vBulletin. :tmb:

Quiver.
26-12-05, 10:37
I like it tlr :)
I love it :)
Its a very nice christmas gift, a very fast and modern new forum...
Thanks a lot :)

(btw: I also love the moving stars:P)

Grenade
26-12-05, 11:25
I love vBulletin it's so much more fun lol.:)

SpArKy
26-12-05, 11:40
LOL, that is the problem yes. Some people are going to use annoying fonts and colours. I too say 'out with the old and in with the new' on this occasion.

Oh dear, does anyone know why my user name is not in upper and lower case like before. Oh no, it has to be put right :(

LaRaMaster
26-12-05, 11:55
Like the things now , i prefer UBB

Apofiss
26-12-05, 12:01
Few days ago I would certainly vote for the old one, but now... well now it's kind of hard not to have all these new/nice ^^ features in vBulletin 3.5.2. >< ...so let it be vBulletin! :D ( *just thinking* except we have to do something with the skin, to make it more original, more like tombraiderforums ^^ )

Greenkey2
26-12-05, 12:41
I still need to get used to this layout. Sure it has some cool features, but as yet I don't know where half of them are! :P I liked the simplicity of the old forum style, but I'm sure this one will grow on me. Give it time, give it time....:)

BTW, how do I play around with the font? :o I'm looking and looking and haven't found how to yet...:o

Tramp
26-12-05, 13:00
Greenkey see here and use the Post Reply button not the Quick Reply.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=48900&page=4

Pipolinne
26-12-05, 13:29
I've a doubt: wouldn't this poll be a way of Tlr measuring our admiration towards him, hiding his narcisic motivations under the sensible shadow of the first two questions?!

Ahem...I love the new software...

robson001
26-12-05, 13:42
LOL @ Pipoline!!

I liked the old one but with some changes (specially about skin) this one is gonna rock!!! vB vB VB!!!

Greenkey2
26-12-05, 13:57
Ah ha!

Thank you Tramp! :hug: :gki:

ben croft
26-12-05, 16:47
I voted for UBB. But vBulletin is great. I'm getting used to it. The skins, font colors (although I do not use them), and more. Anyway, it's still tomb raider forums, isn't it?? :D :p

:wve:

Jacob x5
26-12-05, 17:32
Yes Bencroft, it is. :) I'm starting to regret my poll vote for the old software a little as I really love this new software now; it's really grown on me. However, I can see that the old software isn't doing very well in the poll so I gave it a boost, and I wouldn't be tremendously bothered if it came back.

:ton:

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-12-05, 17:44
I'd have to say I liked the look and feel of the other forum better, but some of the features this one has are just amazing! YAY for color! Like some have said, I still kind of have to get used to the look of this vBulletin and its many features. It's a lot different, but I think you made the right choice, tlr.

Jacob x5
26-12-05, 21:02
Originally posted by Greenkey2:
Sure it has some cool features, but as yet I don't know where half of them are!

:D Exactly my thoughts! :D

I do think we need more originally themes for this forum as most forums out there seem to be blue. :p

Real Life Lara
26-12-05, 21:09
Well Im already missing my name *cries* but it is a lot quicker and I love how you can personalise your writing etc... any other colour options though? The skins I mean... the blues are getting a bit... well, blue now. lol :confused:

Draco
26-12-05, 21:09
I voted Yes.

Suzan
26-12-05, 21:12
I've always liked vBulletin, so yeah, I like this new forum better! :D Im used to this already cos my other favorite forum is powered by vB too, so... :p

LOL @ the last option ;)

Tramp
26-12-05, 21:44
Yes I wanted two votes. Second option and third option.

Angelus
26-12-05, 21:47
Old software. :D

Mona Sax
26-12-05, 21:57
The third option.
vBulletin is far more powerful, but the old one looked better.

Henhead
27-12-05, 01:04
Originally Posted by Henhead

Want me to upload an avatar for you? Want me to upload an avatar for you?

Please tlr, I'll email it to you just incase you have not still got the one from the other forum software

Chocobo155
27-12-05, 01:24
I dunno, maybe Im being stupid, but there's loadsa stuff I can't do, like my other name's vanushed lol, and I can't select an avatar, and I cant use the quick reply tool. Oh, and I can't see any text editing tools, but vBulletin is so fast, so I guess I'll just go with the flow :p

Janny
27-12-05, 09:00
Well, I love the way the old one looked, but I like the new features of the vBulletin, so I voted the last one (because we all love you tlr online :D ;) ).