PDA

View Full Version : New way of ranking members?

Pipolinne
26-12-05, 16:44
Hello!

I couldn't help notice I had been promoted, again,from Experienced to Senior.First I thought it a software mistake ( lies,lies:first I thought someone had simply decided to award me :D)and that the rankings would be replaced,but then I noticed we all are senior members, and that some members have now stars indicating how long they belong to the forums.Is that a new way of ranking?

Joseph
26-12-05, 17:10
Hi Pipoline. :wve: Those stars are only in the Steel Blue skin, and they mean nothing else than how long time someone is a member here. It is an automatic system. Each star represents 6 months. Maximum is 4 stars: 24 months. Also for people who is member for 48 months, makes no difference, 4 stars max..

Jacob x5
26-12-05, 17:21
So what has happened then? I haven't seen a single person who isn't a 'Senior Member' apart from one 'Member' and I was wondering why. I liked the old system and I liked being a 'Senior Member' who is working up to being a 'Chief Member'. Pipolinne should be an 'Experienced Member' who will become a 'Veteran Member' at 500 posts. Is it a mistake or is there a new system entirely?

Kamrusepas
26-12-05, 17:23
So what has happened then? I haven't seen a single person who isn't 'Senior Member' apart from one 'Member' and I was wondering why.

Yeah, me neither.

Jacob x5
26-12-05, 17:41
I've seen many people with below 1000 posts and above 2500 posts and they're all called Senior Members. I guess it's all changed. :confused:

FourBalls
26-12-05, 17:49
I guess I'm the only "Member" here then :( Oh well...
Everyone are Senior Members...that's very odd.
And the star system in Steal Blue Expanded is strange too. I've seen four stars on each person in this forum. Even me :p although I've been a member for about 40 days or so...

Kamrusepas
26-12-05, 18:44
I guess I'm the only "Member" here then :( Oh well...

Nope, you're a Senior too :P

The stars confuse me too. I think it was Joseph who said that each star is supposed to represent six months, but I don't think that's how it works...

LaRaMaster
26-12-05, 19:22
Member , junior member and Senior Member are the only classes for the moment

FourBalls
26-12-05, 19:48
Nope, you're a Senior too :P

The stars confuse me too. I think it was Joseph who said that each star is supposed to represent six months, but I don't think that's how it works...
Oh so now I'm a Senior already :D
When I wrote the other post I was still a "Member"

Draco
26-12-05, 20:24
I didn't even notice the ranks hehe.

Pipolinne
26-12-05, 23:02
Of course you didn't,you , Grand Master Raider, are above such mundane things;)!

Draco
26-12-05, 23:10
Well I did invent the old ranking system, I'm sure a new one could be done. :p

Pipolinne
26-12-05, 23:31
That's not really a great worry of mine ( I'm also above such mundane things :)),but I enjoyed the other one ( I suppose I've to thank you for it :p),but perhaps other titles could be created,like calling those who reach a certain number of posts ( like now)True Lara Croft Tomb Raider,but perhaps the boys wouldn't agree,lol!

Joseph
26-12-05, 23:34
True Lara Croft Tomb Raider,but perhaps the boys wouldn't agree,lol!Why not?:confused:

Pipolinne
27-12-05, 01:10
Lol,one vote from Mr.Eph!I thought perhaps boys didn't like being called Lara ,once this is a feminine name,but,once our "fine forum" owns its espiritual existence to Lara,that would be a good idea.

I was not meaning,under any instance,to tell you,boys,you aren't worthy of being called True Lara Croft Tomb Raiders.

But don't worry,Joseph,because your ability to solve the puzzles which are our computers already granted you this title :)!

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-12-05, 01:45
I know this is a little off topic, but I LOVE your avatar Pipolinne. It's gorgeous!

Pipolinne
27-12-05, 02:02
Thank you,Melonie :hug:!

Indeed,it's one of my favourite ones,but I don't remember the site from where I took it ( though she's slightly modified,lol)...I only remember it was called Pluto...!

I'll try to find it!

Spitfire
27-12-05, 02:12
Joseph my friend ur wrong bout stars cause i been here for 7 months and i have 4 stars which would be 24 months.
The stars seem to be for show at the momment