PDA

View Full Version : Server Performance Problems

tlr online
26-12-05, 18:35
Evening all :wve:

Yes. I am aware of some severe performance problems with our server and our new software. What we need is a new dedicated server solution. At the moment, both www.tombraiderchronicles.com and www.tombraiderforums.com are running on one dedicated server. What must be done is to seperate the sites, and have www.tombraiderforums.com running across two dedicated servers. This is called an Apache Cluster. It's very expensive, so please be patient and continue to use our fine forum. I am working towards an Apache Cluster, and I promise it won't be long.

Thank you and Christmas Greetings.

Jacob x5
26-12-05, 18:38
There have been a few problems but I haven't noticed anything really bad. You don't need to go spending loads of money on it. :p

ben croft
26-12-05, 18:42
Thanks for the info, tlr. Minutes ago I couldn't access trf, but now it's okay. :wve:

:hug:

BoyTRaider
26-12-05, 19:22
Thank you. :wve:

tlr online
26-12-05, 19:22
Database seems to be operating again now. Please can you report any errors here, or send an email to support@tombraiderchronicles.com

Thanks.

Anubis_AF
26-12-05, 19:35
Your efforts are highly appreciated Justin :)

tlr online
26-12-05, 19:41
Actually, thank vBulletin as well. It's Boxing Day and they are helping me right now!!!

That's ****ing service for ya right there!!

Pipolinne
26-12-05, 19:41
I've been experiencing some minor problems,nothing too serious,only boring,lol!

Thank you for your dedication,Justin ( I'd advise you to spend that money in a prezzie for yourself :) ).

tlr online
26-12-05, 19:46
My money will be spent on a shiny new Apache Cluster.

I just hope, after all this trouble, we still have members left to enjoy it! :(

UNDERTAKER
26-12-05, 19:48
Thanks for the info tlr. I have experienced a few problems today but I understand the situation we are in with the servers and software. Your tireless efforts to provide us with a great forum are greatly appreciated by all :tmb:

I hope we continue to stick with the vBulletin software though until the 'apache cluster' comes along.

Thanks again!

UNDERTAKER
26-12-05, 19:51
Oh, and I wouldn't worry about not having any members left.

This is the biggest Tomb Raider Forum in the world and we have thousands of dedicated members who have stuck with us for years through other software/server problems. There is no chance in hell they would abandon us now when there is such a bright future ahead!

Pipolinne
26-12-05, 19:55
But of course!We enjoy being here,with the steel blue thing,or without it :tmb: .

Relax a little bit;in no time the members will be here to see if the problems are solved ( anyway, with such an omnipresent loveable penguin,who'd dare to run away...besides,I have a crush on Darth Vader,I hereby confess!).

Anubis_AF
26-12-05, 19:59
I just hope, after all this trouble, we still have members left to enjoy it! :(

This place has high reputation. It will never lose it over night :hug:

Joseph
26-12-05, 20:37
Thanks for the info tlr. I have experienced a few problems today but I understand the situation we are in with the servers and software. Your tireless efforts to provide us with a great forum are greatly appreciated by all :tmb:

I hope we continue to stick with the vBulletin software though until the 'apache cluster' comes along.

Thanks again! I second every word UT just said. :)

Suzan
26-12-05, 21:26
EXACTLY, tlr shouldnt worry about losing members! :hug:

We're a big family here! :p :wve:

tlr online
26-12-05, 21:27
EXACTLY, tlr shouldnt worry about losing members! :hug:

We're a big family here! :p :wve:
This is how a responsible admin thinks... everytime there is a problem, he or she thinks ****! How long are our fine folk gonna put up with this.

Suzan
26-12-05, 21:53
This is how a responsible admin thinks... everytime there is a problem, he or she thinks ****! How long are our fine folk gonna put up with this.
Well, at least this member here will put up with those small problems forever :p :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-12-05, 22:01
Personally, updating the software and changing the look of the forum wouldn't drive me to leave! Not at all. I wouldn't worry about losing members either. The forum will just take some getting used to, and as of right now, I'm pretty used to it! It's really cool.. And the new features make it even better. :hug:

Mona Sax
26-12-05, 22:05
Thanks for your efforts, tlr. :tmb:
I agree with all of the people above: This forum is just too good to leave.