PDA

View Full Version : Good PC games.

Lavinder
27-12-05, 14:28
Well I want to buy a game for christmas ( I got money this year ).

Anyone know any really good PC games that I could buy?

Like ones dripping with storyline or just really good?

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 14:37
Try 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'. It's awesome! :tmb:

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 14:39
It depends on what kind of game you'd like to play. My all-time favourite PC game is Grim Fandango (I don't know if you've played it before). It's a strategy game made in around 1995 but with surprisingly good graphics for its time. However you may have trouble obtaining a copy what with it being so old, but you could probably order one off the internet. For playing it on Windows XP, you will also need to download the Grim Fandango XP Patch in order for it to play properly. It also fixes a few bugs in the game. The storyline of this game is simply fantastic, I just can't describe how good it is. You will need patience to play this game as the puzzles can be quite tricky.

Nessie
27-12-05, 14:40
Have you played any of the Prince of Persia games? They're really good.

TR463
27-12-05, 14:48
Try 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'. It's awesome! :tmb:

actually, its quite bad

you cant control the camera, there are only 3 buttons (accio, cast spell, and charm), there are less than 10 levels, and it gets boring after a while (i defeated in 2 days )

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 14:51
No offence, but that's just your opinion. I think it's great.

Lavinder
27-12-05, 14:55
I think I will avoid GOF because I already have had enough embarrassment off my family :D With me being a really BIG fan of HP heh :)

I will write down all names of games after a few days that you have said and check them out and get my dad to order them ahah :)

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 14:56
No offense :p, but that's also just your opinion.

TR463 gave a statement which backed up his opinion, saying why he didn't like it. You've just simply said that you like it, with no reason why.

Now, I've never played the game so I'm talking from a completely non-biased point of view here.

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 14:56
I think I'll avoid this thread then. I'm not in the mood to discuss about people's taste.

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 15:02
:vlol:

Lavinder
27-12-05, 15:09
stopstopstopstop

No arguing!

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 15:16
I'm not arguing and it's not my purpose to argue. I'm just saying my opinions.

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 15:17
Lol. :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: You have a very strange definition of argueing.

Anubis_AF
27-12-05, 15:28
Since when is expressing your opinion a sign you're arguing? :confused:

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 15:34
Exactly. Tomb Raider Master said he/she liked Goblet of Fire. TR463 then said that he/she didn't and gave a reason why. Then TRM said "well that's just your opinion" which in my opinion is daft. The fact that he/she liked the game was also his/her opinion. In my opinion, TR463's opinion is more valid since he/she gave a reason. Then TRM said that he/she would avoid this thread, which is, in my opinion, childish. Then Lavinder came and said to stop argueing and in my opinion we weren't.

Good lord, there are a lot of opinions involved! :p But that's just my opinion. Hehe. :p

Anubis_AF
27-12-05, 15:37
I would recommend you NFH2(Neighbours from Hell 2), Lavinder. But I'm having a feeling you're not into that type of games.

(And btw Jacob, Tomb Raider Master is a guy :) )

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 15:42
Jacob:
But that's just my opinion.
Yes, it is. I can't understand why is 'childish' if someone doesn't wish to discuss about tastes. I think that my behavior was mature enough. If I like some game that's my thing and I don't have to say why. Now excuse me, I won't discuss about this anymore. BTW, I'm a 'he'.

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 15:52
I don't think it's childish that you don't want to discuss it further, I think it's childish the way you appeared to 'stomp out' as soon as someone disagrees with you. I also think it's childish the fact that after saying that, you're still here. It appears to me that you can't accept anyone's opinion except for your own. When you say to people "well that's just your opinion", expect them to say it back.

Now, to stop spamming this thread, I'd also recommend the Half-Life series. If you want simply spectacular graphics and effects, marvelous atmospherics and an amazing gravity simulator, choose Half-Life 2, but the others in the series are also very good. :tmb:

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 15:55
Oh, and one think I forgot to mention about Grim Fandango: The music is the best bit - simply devine. :)

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 16:04
Jacob, of course I accept other people's opinions. I don't know how you have understood my posts - I just think its wrong from you to say things like that to me. And the reason I'm still here is simply to clear this missunderstanding. Now, as you said, let's stop spamming this thread.

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 16:16
Wrong for me to say things like what to you? But of course you haven't done a single thing wrong; it's all my fault. :p

Draco
27-12-05, 16:17
It's Harry Potter...how good could it possibly be...

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 16:18
It's Harry Potter...how good could it possibly be...

Lol, Draco. :D :D :D

Pipolinne
27-12-05, 16:49
Should we conclude,then,that HP has something to do with your nick ,Draco :)?

Neteru
27-12-05, 16:52
Stick to topic and leave the nonsense bickering out please!

I would agree with Nessie, the Prince of Persia series is excellent! :tmb: You can buy the latest 'The Two Thrones' and get the first two included for 40 @ Game.

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 16:55
I honestly thought Draco was saying he didn't like Harry Potter at all...

Apofiss
27-12-05, 16:55
Anyone know any really good PC games that I could buy?

Like ones dripping with storyline or just really good?

Prince Of Persia : The Two Thrones
Peter Jackon's KING KONG the game
Half-LIfe 2

LaRaMaster
27-12-05, 17:27
I recommend Age of Empires 3 :)

Draco
27-12-05, 18:44
Should we conclude,then,that HP has something to do with your nick ,Draco :)?

Considering I had this before I ever heard of HP...I don't think so.

Draco
27-12-05, 18:46
I honestly thought Draco was saying he didn't like Harry Potter at all...

I'm not a fan, that's for sure.

Draco
27-12-05, 18:47
I recommend Age of Empires 3 :)

I don't hehe. Def not worthy of the AOE name. :p

TR463
27-12-05, 19:06
uhh, well i didnt think this would turn into another one of those boohoodlyhoo threads lol
i do admit I like harry potter, which is the reason I got the game, but after playing it, I reeeally didnt like it and uninstalled it and returned it for the before mentioned reasons
plus, it isnt even worth a GIG of hard drive space either :P

but i COMPLETELY forgot about the BEST SERIES EVER

No One Lives Forever and No One Lives Forever 2

its like a 60's Lara, and its really cool and the game is actually funny

THe main character is Cate Archer, a 60's spy who foils attempts from weird crazy funny people from taking over the world

its a really good game, and its not expensive anymore

try it, and you will like it :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-12-05, 19:13
I really liked the game 'Alice'. It was spooky! :D

BoyTRaider
27-12-05, 19:32
I'm about to press the report button on some people if they don't stop spamming the thread.
Anyway, Lavinder...you should definatly get Half Life 2!! :tmb: It's amazing. :)