PDA

View Full Version : Of time

robson001
27-12-05, 20:26
Every year end is the same. People saying, this year I'm going to do this, not going to do that, things will be better, be worse, blah, blah, blah... Don't know about you, but I never cared for this new year stuff. I mean, what's the difference between this exact moment (btw 18: 25: 53) and, say, the transition of the millenium? Doesn't time goes by in a constant, swift flow? This fragmentation of time comes just from our need to organise our daily routine. Isn't it strange how people often associate it to "starting anew", "another cycle in life", etc? Life is recycled every single second, it's a permanent change.

Anyway a happy new year for those who care, and enjoy your new year party. I'm going to watch late night TV news, have some coffee and go bed - as I do every "normal" day.

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 20:43
Happy New Year for Sunday robson001. :wve:

I know what you mean. I never set an official new years resolution, my mind never really has to have things written out in black and white, it just knows. So if I think I need to do or not do something, my brain will automatically know, and do or not do that something. This may be the reason why I'm not good at writing targets at school. :p

Neteru
27-12-05, 21:01
I made a New Years resolution many years ago, and so far, so good. It was that I will never make another New Years resolution. :D

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 21:04
:vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
27-12-05, 21:07
I completely agree with you Robson.

Robson:
Isn't it strange how people often associate it to "starting anew", "another cycle in life", etc?
Yeah. I don't know is it just me, but me as a person doesn't like any type of routine. A million times I said to myself "From tomorrow I'll keep my room tidy." for example, but I would never stick to that. IMO meaning of life isn't in planning big stuff for the future about it. We need to live in present moment and know what to do in future.

robson001
27-12-05, 23:43
TRMaster: glad to see I ain't the only who lives recklessly LOL