PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 is hardCORE!

Thorn
27-12-05, 21:26
Been playing it since Christmas and it took a whole day to build my skills! Having 20 townsfolk after you is hardcore! I learned to shoot at the legs, run up, kick and repeat or start knifing them. I LOVE the shotgun! I blew 4 townsfolks heads off with one cap! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! I'm so addicted to the carnage now, nothing can stop me!:jmp

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-12-05, 21:42
I blew 4 townsfolks heads off with one cap!

SO ebil! :D I was thinking about renting this game before I buy it, but seeing as I love almost all the other RE games, I might buy it right away!

Jacob x5
27-12-05, 21:56
You are a naughty girl, Thorn. :mis: :p

Thorn
27-12-05, 22:21
Nah, I'm hardcore.:mis:

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-12-05, 22:32
Not to try and get too off topic here, but why do some people say hardcore is 'hardXcore'?

Thorn
27-12-05, 22:36
Not to try and get too off topic here, but why do some people say hardcore is 'hardXcore'?
It's another word for emo. If you ask someone if they're emo they'll probably say "No I'm hardxcore". Sounds the same though. No idea who made that up.:p

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 01:36
I LOVE IT SO ****ING MUCH!!
Wait until you get further in the game! It's so much fun! I can't wait to play Separate Ways (Ada Missions, Ps2 version)
Where are you right now Clara?

Thorn
28-12-05, 01:38
I just used the Insignia Key.:jmp :jmp
edit: I just went through the underground tunnel and met the merchant again. Can I sell the elegant mask or do I need it? Or are you not able to sell required items?

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 01:44
Awesome! So you already fought El Gigante?

Thorn
28-12-05, 01:48
Yep he was real easy. I just used the rifle once in his head then several times with the shotgun and a little knifing to end him. You beat the game?! I hope I can!

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 01:51
You will, but you're not even half way there yet. :D It's so awesome.
I beat it for the GC version, but now I have the PS2 version of it...since I only rented the GC version.
The graphics are so beautiful! This proves to GC fanboys how much the PS2 can handle the amazing graphics from RE4! :jmp:

Thorn
28-12-05, 01:57
Ya the graphics are surprisingly sharp! I thought I'd never get the hang of killing groups of enemies but I think I've mastered it with grenades, kicking, etc.

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 02:14
Yeah, it's so fun. Are you with Ashley yet?

Thorn
28-12-05, 02:18
Nope I went through the cemetery and past the wooden docks with blue medallions.

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:22
Never played this because I don't own a Gamecube. But it looks fun tho. Capcom send me media for the Resident Evil series, and normally I just delete it. Lemme check their server. I remember seeing info on a new RE game.

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:24
Ah. Ignore that. It was for Lost Planet. But there are some goodies for RE4. Lemme upload them.

Thorn
28-12-05, 02:26
Goodies?!:jmp If it's Leon in his swimsuit then, yes please! Hehe jk.:p

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:27
Not sure who LEON is, but I have a bunch of HQ concept artworks. Gimme five mins to upload them.

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:28
Aha! I just saw Leon. I think you will like this Thorn.

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:31
While I upload 23Mb worth of artwork, here's something to mull over. :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/i2/leon_1.jpg

Thorn
28-12-05, 02:34
That is so nice! *saves to disk* ♥

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:40
b/w That was scaled down. The original is 2455x4100 :D

Thorn
28-12-05, 02:43
b/w That was scaled down. The original is 2455x4100 :D
Whoa!:cln: I'd like to print that out and hold in next to my pillow. Lol jk.

(At the boss Del Lago now!)

edit:Just defeated that huge thing with ease!

tlr online
28-12-05, 02:51
Knock yourself out.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/re4/

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 02:53
Wow! Those are very nice tlr! :tmb:
Btw, you can play RE4 on PS2...If you have one, that is. :)
It's incredibly amazing and I'm sure you'll like it. :D

Thorn
28-12-05, 02:57
Thanks so much tlr! I'll probably print some out tomorrow. :)

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 05:21
I just started playing the game again! I even forgot how GOOD it was. :D

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 05:23
Whoa!:cln: I'd like to print that out and hold in next to my pillow. Lol jk.

(At the boss Del Lago now!)

edit:Just defeated that huge thing with ease!
Yeah, it was pretty easy. :wve:
Just wait until you get about 70% in the game. ;)

ben croft
28-12-05, 18:23
WOW. Amazing pic. Thanks tlr. :wve:

RAID
28-12-05, 20:06
I still don't have Resi 4. Is it worth it? Should I get it? Cause I heard it gets boring after a while and that there's no replay value.

BoyTRaider
29-12-05, 02:06
WHAT?!?! There are TONS of replay value...The game is SO worth it (specially PS2 version)....Get it now! :D lol

Thorn
29-12-05, 02:10
I'm stuck at the house raid. :( :hea: :hea:

BoyTRaider
29-12-05, 02:12
Stuck at what house?

Thorn
29-12-05, 02:32
I'm at the farmhouse where you take Ashley to at night. The people start jumping into the house while Luis shoots them. I put up all the bookshelves against the windows but they still break through. I blast them in the head but I die once battling upstairs.

tlr online
29-12-05, 02:36
When you enter the town, the ring will glow, and bombs will come and destroy the entire city. Then, you will hear this little girl crying. Head up and help her out. She tells Cecil and Kain that someone killed her mother's pet dragon. Uh oh. Cecil will fess up to the crime, and suddenly the little girl gets mad and frightened. Kain says that the King must want all the summoners to die, so the little girl must die as well. Fortunately, he regains his senses and decides to go against those orders of the king. You try to save the girl, but a battle ensues, and she summons Titan. Nice job. When you awaken, Kain will be gone, but you will have the little girl (Rydia) with you. OK..

Thorn
29-12-05, 02:40
When you enter the town, the ring will glow, and bombs will come and destroy the entire city. Then, you will hear this little girl crying. Head up and help her out. She tells Cecil and Kain that someone killed her mother's pet dragon. Uh oh. Cecil will fess up to the crime, and suddenly the little girl gets mad and frightened. Kain says that the King must want all the summoners to die, so the little girl must die as well. Fortunately, he regains his senses and decides to go against those orders of the king. You try to save the girl, but a battle ensues, and she summons Titan. Nice job. When you awaken, Kain will be gone, but you will have the little girl (Rydia) with you. OK..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/eusa_eh.gif

tlr online
29-12-05, 02:42
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/i2/mario.gif

:D

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

xMiSsCrOfTx
29-12-05, 02:43
What are you supposed to do with Rydia after Kain's gone? AHH! Mario! HUGE Mario... :D

tlr online
29-12-05, 02:43
What are you supposed to do with Rydia after Kain's gone?
A few choice words and who knows ;)

tlr online
29-12-05, 02:44
A few choice words and who knows ;)
OK... I go now. :rolleyes:

xMiSsCrOfTx
29-12-05, 02:46
:p

Just found this, thought you might like:

http://www.consoleo.internauci.pl/ogm/Grafa/sc/tapety/resident4_3.jpg

BoyTRaider
29-12-05, 04:08
I'm at the farmhouse where you take Ashley to at night. The people start jumping into the house while Luis shoots them. I put up all the bookshelves against the windows but they still break through. I blast them in the head but I die once battling upstairs.
Oh, I died the first time too. Just let them come in...Just keep killing them. I mainly used the shotgun and when you go upstairs with Luis, let the ganados cluster down the steps and throw a grenade at all of them from the top of the stairs.
Also, make sure you get all the items from the house - just so you don't run out of ammo. :)

Soma Holiday
29-12-05, 05:12
Glad you're liking the game so much Thorn!! Now I know why you liked my Leon poster so much hehe. :D

It's a very fun game, and it completely got me hooked on RE, even the old games, which are alot more scary....but the farmhouse part isn't bad, just keep moving. Get into a corner and constantly look from window to window, then run to the other side of the room, turn around, and do it again. I usually stood behind the stair railing so I could see when things came up the steps.

But you've probably gotten through that by now. ;) I haven'[t played in so long, I don't even remember what's next, though I have an idea, and if I'm right it either means you're gonna have a very hard time or a moderate time depending, but I won't spoilt eh surprise. ;) It only gets better hehe.

Go blow up some more Ganados!! Just don't get distracted by Leon's perfectly flowing hair and cute derriere hehe.:cln:

Angel666
29-12-05, 06:30
OK, now I have to play Resident Evil. Which game should I start with. I have never played one.

Thorn
29-12-05, 11:16
I finally killed the mother****ers! Once I went upstairs I stayed in the stairway corner and blasted their heads off, then when the coast was clear for 1 second I immediately reloaded. If I didn't do that then I was Ganados food!:cln: Took forever I tell you!:cln:
Go blow up some more Ganados!! Just don't get distracted by Leon's perfectly flowing hair and cute derriere hehe.:cln:
His hair, omg, drOOlz! and booty!:cln:

Soma Holiday
29-12-05, 13:08
His hair, omg, drOOlz! and booty!:cln:

haha! And the way his hair just flows when he does his little spin! hehe. I like his voice too, and just starring at him in the cutscenes, especially the later ones! You're in for such a treat! *sighs, then runs off to hug the game box*

But like I said, the next part was the hardest part for me, depending, but who knows, you're probably all badass at killing baddies now. ;)

by Angel666
OK, now I have to play Resident Evil. Which game should I start with. I have never played one.

I would definately start with 4. It's so much different than the rest, though it kinda makes the rest a dissapointment. Both of them have their jumping, scary moments, but in 4 you have more control in killing things, so you can shoot whatevers coming at you in the knee, which knocks it to the ground, do it to the ones sneaking up beside you, and run away before the crazy chainsaw man cuts your head off! lol:cln:

In the others it's like that, mixed with TR and a point and click adventure. You want around looking for puzzles, with the occasional baddie, but the baddies are harder to kill, since there's auto aiming and all of the guns take like 3 to 15 shots to kill things. It has fixed cameras, so things jump out of corners and the controls are hard. But it's very beautiful, the remakes at least, but they are only on GC, so if you don't have one, I'd probably ONLY play 4, since the others look like TR1. I din't know whay they didn't release the remakes and 0 on PS...

Yeah, but it's still fun, though I haven't played cause I'm so scared!!!! RE4 I couldn't STOP playing hehe...

robson001
29-12-05, 16:29
OK, now I have to play Resident Evil. Which game should I start with. I have never played one.I would highly suggest you to play the classic games too, Angel. Yes RE4 is a ****-kicking game, has creepy atmosphere, freedom of movement, combat system is awesome and storyline is interesting (even if the rescue president's daughter thing is somewhat cliché). However you cant deny that RE started a new genre and revolutionized video gaming - it's a classic that shouldn't be missed.

SpArKy
29-12-05, 17:42
I have this too for PS2 and only got up to the lake part i think. But i must say it is a great game!

harry
29-12-05, 18:18
;) Resident evil is a very good game.

lee32uk
29-12-05, 18:43
Resident evil 3 is the only lemon in the series.Ive played all RE games either on dreamcast,gamecube and pc and i loved all of them, with RE3 being the only exception.
Code Veronica is still my fav out of all of them.

BoyTRaider
30-12-05, 00:00
Forget about all the other RE games (even though they were good), but start with RE4! IT's simply amazing...

BoyTRaider
30-12-05, 00:01
Oh god, just imagine how RE5 will be!!! :eek:
The trailer looks so f'ing amazing! The PS3 version will rock!! :D

MMAN
30-12-05, 01:33
I got RE4 for christmas and found it pretty awesome.

The coolness of some of the "interactive cutscenes" gives me some big hopes for the "super action sequences" in TR Legend. I think it would be especially cool if Lara had to do a section like that laser dodging bit, except maybe with some blade trap in a Tomb or something (or maybe the Tokyo levels).

BoyTRaider
30-12-05, 01:41
I got RE4 for christmas and found it pretty awesome.

The coolness of some of the "interactive cutscenes" gives me some big hopes for the "super action sequences" in TR Legend. I think it would be especially cool if Lara had to do a section like that laser dodging bit, except maybe with some blade trap in a Tomb or something (or maybe the Tokyo levels).
I know! That was my favorite interacting cutscene...It would work just fine with the blades in Tomb Raider...I just hope they don't do it way too much, otherwise it would be that they are ripping off the main concept from RE4.

MMAN
30-12-05, 02:04
Yeah, that's why I didn't flat-out suggest she goes laser dodging in the high-tech levels :P

Soma Holiday
30-12-05, 02:27
I like how they implemented the buttons into actual gameplay, like how....

SPOILER- DO NOT READ THIS THORN!!!

you have to dodge while fighting Krauser, that was extremely cool the way Leon ducked and rolled and everything...and how he flipped during the Right Hand fight, very cool and creepy.

END SPOILERS

But I must admit that I hated how you had to push a button at ledges, since he'd stall a bit, but I guess that's better than falling off into a group of Ganados hehe. :D

BoyTRaider
30-12-05, 08:41
Yeah Soma, that part was amazing! :D
I can't believe Capcom made this game feel so much like a next-gen game, even though it was still in our current generation ones.