PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop?

tombraider_roxs
28-12-05, 05:34
Hello all!

I've been looking around for these programs lately, and I'm wondering if there's anywhere besides ebay that would sell discount or cheaper versions of them? I don't mind older versions as long as they arn't too old.

tlr online
28-12-05, 05:35
Have you thought about downloading the trial version of Photoshop before shelling out 400 smackers for a copy? A trial version is available from www.adobe.com

tombraider_roxs
28-12-05, 07:27
Yep, I've already downloaded trial versions for many different versions of each, now that I'm past the learning curve I would like to buy them.

nomedo
28-12-05, 08:03
I prefer Adobes programs over Corels.
but i have Photoshop 7 on my old comp and Photoshop Elements on my new. and i must say the differences are very few. most things that u can do on PS is possible on PSE too. and PSE is much cheaper i belive.
try out the PSE trial and see if u need the more expensive PS.
ive used PSE for 9 months now and i can honestly say i dont miss PS7. the most difference is where in the menues to find the things.

FourBalls
28-12-05, 08:54
I downloaded a free trial of Paint Shop Pro but couldn't ever use it :(
When I tryed to upload an image for editing, the program stopped running and "kicked" me out. I uninstalled it...
Basicly there shouldn't be much difference (just guessing 'cause I've only seen Photoshop, not worked with it :p ) besides the cost of each product...

GoranAgar
28-12-05, 08:59
There is indeed not much of a difference except for the price between Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I have one at home and the other in the office. If you know what you are doing they are both easy to handle.

You want cheap and good. Go for Gimp.

Nessie
28-12-05, 09:17
You want cheap and good. Go for Gimp.
That's what I'd recommend as well. It's hard to get custom fonts to work, but it's rather good, and most importantly, free. :p

You can get it here (http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html).

tombraider_roxs
28-12-05, 10:40
Thanks for the suggestions everyone,

I already have GIMP, but I just downloaded the PSE trial.

For some reason I don't like it, I already know I'm picky though so that must be it. :wve:

regga
28-12-05, 11:35
--------------

GoranAgar
28-12-05, 12:06
[Edit]

How does one delete his reply?

regga
28-12-05, 12:07
I hope your not

GoranAgar
28-12-05, 12:12
Not anymore

regga
28-12-05, 12:15
good

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 12:55
[Edit]

How does one delete his reply?

Only moderators can delete posts. :wve:

Geck-o-Lizard
28-12-05, 13:05
Bearshare

P2P programs are ILLEGAL for this purpose. You know this, I'm sure.

tombraider_roxs:
I recommend PS7 if you can find it. It's got the edge over PS5 and PS6 where brushes and optimisation are concerned, and if you're serious about graphics, those are two extremely important features to have. I've tried CS and CS2, but the differences are minimal, not really worth the extra money IMO. Gimp is okay, but I would NEVER recommend it in place of any version of Photoshop if you can afford to go professional. I use PS7 every day to create artwork, web templates, logos, etc.
To answer your question, it just takes a bit of scouting around. Amazon sells it for a fairly reasonable price:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063EMG/104-0112814-0370318

GoranAgar
28-12-05, 13:06
Lecturing people who promote things like that does never work, just report the post to a moderator.

And do not quote it because then deleting the original post is quite useless.

tombraider_roxs
29-12-05, 08:22
P2P programs are ILLEGAL for this purpose. You know this, I'm sure.

tombraider_roxs:
I recommend PS7 if you can find it. It's got the edge over PS5 and PS6 where brushes and optimisation are concerned, and if you're serious about graphics, those are two extremely important features to have. I've tried CS and CS2, but the differences are minimal, not really worth the extra money IMO. Gimp is okay, but I would NEVER recommend it in place of any version of Photoshop if you can afford to go professional. I use PS7 every day to create artwork, web templates, logos, etc.
To answer your question, it just takes a bit of scouting around. Amazon sells it for a fairly reasonable price:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063EMG/104-0112814-0370318

Thanks for your help, that's exactly why I didn't want a version too old.

Draco
29-12-05, 09:20
PSP works find for me.