PDA

View Full Version : do you like FF games?

Cat Girl
28-12-05, 13:50
does anyone in this forums is interested about FF games? i mean anygame. caus i loove it very much. and i wanted to know if anybody is like me. BTW, my favorite game is FFVIII.

Wizzy
28-12-05, 13:54
I luv FF games especially FFVIII cos of the romance between Squall and Rinoa

Lara Croft Fan Joe
28-12-05, 14:13
i dont really lyk that fantasy stuff, and that japanese stuff, i think its kinda creepy, well i have 2 admit i played ff7 and i thought it was REALLY good, but thats the only one i lyk.

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 15:06
BTW, my favorite game is FFVIII.

:hug:

Simply can't hug you enough :D

I basically live for VIII, I love it way more than is healthy :p

Catlantean
28-12-05, 15:21
Seems like a nice series, but I never played any one of them. Apparently the series isn't popular at all here where I live, to the point of not even pirates selling it (let alone game shops).

BTW is it a playStation only series? That'd explain a lot...

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 15:27
Seems like a nice series, but I never played any one of them. Apparently the series isn't popular at all here where I live, to the point of not even pirates selling it (let alone game shops).

Where do you live? :confused: FF is a world wide phenomenon, afaik.

Nowadays it's a PS-series. FFIX was the last one to appear on PC too, but it didn't sell that well so they're just sticking to PS now :p

Thorir
28-12-05, 15:33
I like FF. :)
But FF X and FF X-2 was a big downfall for the Final Fantasy name... They were OK games and I played them many times, but they were far from as great as FF7, FF8 and FF9.

Tidus makes me wish I was deaf.

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 15:37
I like FF. :)
But FF X and FF X-2 was a big downfall for the Final Fantasy name... .

:eek: Whaddaya talking about? FFX was amazing!

X-2.... Makes me hate the human race for creating something so utterly....... yuck.

But yes, FF7 and 8 were awesome :tmb:

Anubis_AF
28-12-05, 15:48
Not my type of games

Catlantean
28-12-05, 16:17
Where do you live? :confused:

Croatia. Was a true third-world country until some 10 years ago, complete with war, isolation and all. Now it's OK for living but still you could hardly say we're a nation of gamers :D For an example, the first original TR I bought here was AOD in late 2003, because the previous ones were available from pirates only. And before someone screams THIEF!!!, let me just say that since then, I've bought all the originals as Sold Out Software versions :ton:

So I guess the best of FF just gave us a wide berth. As for the recent PS only ones, they're probably available but I have to admit I rarely (if ever) look at console games :p

SpArKy
28-12-05, 16:45
I like all of them from VII - X and X-2 i have played and finished them all.

I seemed to be saying it alot lately, is there a new game coming out i am not aware of?

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 17:00
Well there's XII, but I don't know when it's coming out exactly. It looks great tho.

And then of course there's those millions of sequels to FFVII :D

Nephili
28-12-05, 19:27
YES! Final Fantasy rocks so much!

I love FF7 and FF8.

Advent Chldren rocks!

Chocobo155
28-12-05, 20:27
Oh I love FF!!! I just completed FFX-2 yesterday, it was...okay, but nowhere near as good as the rest of the series! VII and X are my favourites, VIII and IX were brilliant too, I never played the ones that aren't on plastation (I-VI), they're meant to be good, but a lot more basic I think. *Waves FF flag.

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-12-05, 20:30
I like all of the FF games! Chocobo155, I can tell you love FF. :p

Wizzy
28-12-05, 20:32
I never played the ones that aren't on plastation (I-VI), they're meant to be good, but a lot more basic I think.

I saw in a shop that they made ff 1 and 2 on playstation and they looked very basic

Chocobo155
28-12-05, 20:45
I like all of the FF games! Chocobo155, I can tell you love FF. :p

LOL, I forgot about my name!

Wizzy, were I-VI on Super Nitendo?

Draco
28-12-05, 20:51
Not my type of games

Not mine either...I think it should at least live up to its name.

RAID
28-12-05, 21:02
Hello everyone.

I'm a fan of the FF series. FF8 of course is the best of all. FF9 is great too. Not so much of a FF7 fan.

X-2 I hate deeply, ****py game which I wasted my money on and time.

FFX I didn't like either cause there are sooooo many scenes. Most of them are pointless like the laughing scene in Luca and in Mi-Hen Highway where the little girl stopps you, asks you if you're gonna beat Sin and runs around you going YAY.

However I decided to give it another shot, so I'm playing it again. Currently headed for Macalania temple to get Shiva.

btw: Any Shiva fans here? Cause I am :) :D

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 21:16
Yeah, Shiva rocks.

I hate Yuna tho... Sorry, if there's some fans here. I seem to hate all main female FF-characters [like Aerith, Rinoa, Yuna....]

RAID
28-12-05, 21:25
dbl post. sry. See below.

:wve:

RAID
Yeah, Shiva rocks.

I hate Yuna tho...

Yeah...
Join the club. I can't stand that spineless and naive *&^%$

Wizzy
LOL, I forgot about my name!

Wizzy, were I-VI on Super Nitendo?

no ff 1,2 and 3 were on nintendo, 4, 5 and 6 were on playstation

RAID
28-12-05, 21:27
no ff 1,2 and 3 were on nintendo, 4, 5 and 6 were on playstation

I thought that 4 5 and 6 were on Nintendo AND on PSX.

Wizzy
28-12-05, 21:29
I thought that 4 5 and 6 were on Nintendo AND on PSX.

i'm not sure about 4, 5 and 6 on nintendo

RAID
28-12-05, 21:32
i'm not sure about 4, 5 and 6 on nintendo

I'm not sure either because some say that they mixed the european version of FF4 and 6. Some say that FF4 = FF2 nd 6 = 3. I'm sure about FF5 though cause I have it on snes. I also have 4 and 6 on snes but don't know if they're the proper versions(meaning don't know if they're 2 or 3 with title 4 and 6).

4 was Cecil's and 6 was Terra's, right?

ben croft
28-12-05, 22:14
Not my type of games.

egyptiangal
28-12-05, 22:18
umm i have ff tactics, ffx and ffx-2. When i play video games, they arent one of my first choices. I'll play them every once in a while. I just kind of got "cheesed out" when I saw the Kindergardians :rolleyes:

Scottlee
28-12-05, 23:03
Nice to see a FF fan thread pop up now and then as it so often has done in the past.

I've been playing the FF games since Feb2000 (the exact same month and year I also got into Tomb Raider.

I've completed FF1, FF4, FF7, FF8, and FF9. I've also got at least halfway through 2,6, and 10. I haven't played any of the games for a while though and I keep meaning to go back to them. My favourite is probably 7, closely followed by 8 and 10.

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 23:08
My favourite is probably 7, closely followed by 8 and 10.

Mine would be 8, 10, 7.

I haven't finished 6 either. I'm stuck on those floating island -thingies.

I've been trying to find FFIX for PC somewhere, but that's obviously impossible. I'd take a PS-version too, but they're pretty hard to find too :p

Mary CF
28-12-05, 23:20
I haven't played final fantasy that much... only one of the old Nintendo (pre-64) ff games.

My boyfriend bought me a GBA SP for Christmas, and after I finished the game he bought for me with it I went out and got Final Fantasy IV: Advance. I've hardly been able to put it down, and I'm nearly done already. :D It rocks!

I have never played any of the new ones (any released in the past 10 years, pretty much).

Cat Girl
31-12-05, 19:44
I haven't played final fantasy that much... only one of the old Nintendo (pre-64) ff games.

My boyfriend bought me a GBA SP for Christmas, and after I finished the game he bought for me with it I went out and got Final Fantasy IV: Advance. I've hardly been able to put it down, and I'm nearly done already. :D It rocks!

I have never played any of the new ones (any released in the past 10 years, pretty much).

well, Mary CF. if like you said you didn't play FF games exept for FFIV, then here's some advice : if you played the FFIV, which is a good game but not like FF7, 8, 9, X, X-2... and you find FFIV great, then i'm sure that if you played other FF games you'll find it even greater and cooler, so you should do it at least try tom caus it rocks.

Mary CF
31-12-05, 22:01
well, Mary CF. if like you said you didn't play FF games exept for FFIV, then here's some advice : if you played the FFIV, which is a good game but not like FF7, 8, 9, X, X-2... and you find FFIV great, then i'm sure that if you played other FF games you'll find it even greater and cooler, so you should do it at least try tom caus it rocks.

Thanks for the advice! :) I actually had been considering that for quite some time... one question though (this might seem silly): do they have FF for ps2? I'm guessing they do but I'm not sure... I could always check but I'm laaazy today. Hahaha

Happy New Year!!

Scottlee
31-12-05, 22:07
Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy X-2 are both available for PS2

RAID
04-01-06, 18:44
And are both (Especially FFX-2) a waste of time and money IMO. All those lame and pointless scenes. And the voices are brain damaging. not to mention the movements and motions which are always the same. Like moving one arm while talking and stuff like that.

Cat Girl
04-01-06, 21:46
And are both (Especially FFX-2) a waste of time and money IMO. All those lame and pointless scenes. And the voices are brain damaging. not to mention the movements and motions which are always the same. Like moving one arm while talking and stuff like that.

well, if you are talking about FF X-2. it's a good game. but you may be right about the moving thing. i think that this doesn't affect the game, it still good. well that what i think.

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 21:49
not to mention the movements and motions which are always the same. Like moving one arm while talking and stuff like that.

I don't think that's - by far - the worst thing in the game :rolleyes:

RAID
04-01-06, 21:55
I don't think that's - by far - the worst thing in the game :rolleyes:

You're right.

Personally I think that the worst part of FFX and X-2 are:
The corny dialogue
The useless and pointless scenes
and of course the voice acting.
And the lame and annoying sidequests (like lightning dodger, or selling tickets)

RAID
04-01-06, 21:57
However...
One very good thing about FFX (Not X-2) is the soundtrack.

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 22:00
Personally I think that the worst part of FFX and X-2 are:
The corny dialogue
The useless and pointless scenes
and of course the voice acting.
And the lame and annoying sidequests (like lightning dodger, or selling tickets)

Well I absolutely love FFX, but...

Worst things in FFX-2:
-it's aimed for braindead teenage girls, not people who enjoy FFs
-the characters
-the story! It makes no sense!
-the music. I mean come on, no Uematsu?

At least. I bet I could come up with lots more.

RAID
04-01-06, 22:07
dbl post. sry.

See below for updated post :wve:

RAID
04-01-06, 22:13
Well I absolutely love FFX, but...

Worst things in FFX-2:
-it's aimed for braindead teenage girls, not people who enjoy FFs
-the characters
-the story! It makes no sense!
-the music. I mean come on, no Uematsu?

At least. I bet I could come up with lots more.

True true.

Especially when you said the story makes no sense. If one CAN call it a story. I mean, first you go around looking for shiny balls, then you end up saving the world from a giant robot.

Besides, didn't the Fayth lose their powers at the end of FFX? how come they came back? And the Fayth were ppl who gave their lives the become powerful enough the kill sin. Then, if they're so powerful, how come the three girls were able to beat them with ease. It just doen's make any sense.

And the music is boring too.

I heard that FF12 won't have Uematsu as its composer. let's just hope that it's not the same comoser of FFX-2.

Catapharact
04-01-06, 22:18
The FF games really aren't my cup of tea. The characters are too frilly, the concept of every game is just too ridiculious sometimes and it's just plain annoying Lol. I am all up for clean games but they are just ridiculous (again nothing against FF players.)

Only RPG game that really stood out for me was Legend of Dragoon but even that got so ridiculous after a while. Guess I am not that big of an anime type game (I hate anime with a passion Lol.)

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 22:19
Yeah, I heard Uematsu doesn't work there anymore. I can't believe who made that desicion, the music is one of the best things in FFs...

EDIT:
(again nothing against FF players.)

Yeah, I can see that :rolleyes:

Catapharact
04-01-06, 22:23
Yeah, I can see that :rolleyes:

Just my opinion in the matter :). I just don't like the games; reminds me too much of anime. or an overly hyped up disney movie Lol!)

RAID
04-01-06, 22:26
I like FF games because they remind me of anime somehow. Anyway FF8 rules. It is and alwasy will be the best of the series IMO :D

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 22:32
Anyway FF8 rules. It is and alwasy will be the best of the series IMO :D

RAID
04-01-06, 22:33

yay. another FF8 lover :hug: :tmb:

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 22:35
You bet :tmb:

RAID
04-01-06, 22:41
:tmb: :D

Yeah. FF8 is not just the best FF, but also my very first RPG. It'll always be a special game for me. :D

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 22:46
I haven't really played other RPGs than FFs, but yes, it truly is special :tmb:

RAID
04-01-06, 22:52
I like FF9 second best. Gotta admit though, at first i didn't like it. It took me a while to notice how great it is.

Scottlee
05-01-06, 01:25
The card game is brilliant on FF9. So random yet fiendishly addictive. I only got 56/100 last time i went through the game, but next time I want to get the lot.

Nice avatar, Raid. I love burgers.

RAID
05-01-06, 16:34
:tmb:

Terta Master was good. Never did get all the cards though. But I have to say that I liked Triple Triad better.

Colin125
05-01-06, 16:38
I've only played FFX and X-2. I hope in the near future they will make an X-3. :)

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 18:01
I hope in the near future they will make an X-3. :)

No! Don't give them ideas! *falls into despair*

Scottlee
05-01-06, 18:25
No I think the next one they're releasing is FF12, an independant story away from the whole Spira thing.

LaRaMaster
05-01-06, 19:40
To the main question of this thread : No ! :p

RAID
05-01-06, 21:03
No I think the next one they're releasing is FF12, an independant story away from the whole Spira thing.

Thanks God. No more FFXs pls. FFX series is a disgrace to the FF title. :o

superstar
05-01-06, 21:07
ah well i can say i love ff x and ff x-2! and love yuna too lolXD
i can say i am quite obssesed abbout square enix too lol

cloud looks so cuute in ac! <3 <3