PDA

View Full Version : Superman's Bulge Too Large In 'Superman Returns'

ben croft
28-12-05, 17:48
Hey, I'm a big fan of Clark Kent. When I heard this, I couldn't stop laughing. :whi:

Superman's Bulge Too Large In 'Superman Returns'

http://images.killermovies.com/s/superman/brandon_james_routh.jpg

Producers are reportedly worried about the size of Brandon Routh's bulge which would make his profile in the superhero's skintight costume distracting, reports the Sun.

Hollywood executives have ordered the makers of Superman Returns to cover it up with digital effects.

The Sun's source said: "It's a major issue for the studio. Brandon is extremely well endowed and they don't want it up on the big screen.

"We may be forced to erase his package with digital effects."

Source: http://www.killermovies.com/s/superman/articles/5712.html

:wve:

BoyTRaider
28-12-05, 18:03
LoL :vlol: Well, that is a good thing to a guy...ummm not really. This is hilarious though... :vlol:

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 18:05
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

ben croft
28-12-05, 18:06
I wonder why they didn't take Tom Welling (Clark, from Smallville series). :rolleyes:

Mona Sax
28-12-05, 18:48
OMG :D

I wonder why they didn't take Tom Welling (Clark, from Smallville series). :rolleyes:
Yeah, me too - that would have worked wonders for continuity. Maybe he's too young.

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-12-05, 19:00
LOL how odd that guy must feel. :vlol: They said the same about Colin Farrell and one of his other movies, I think it was 'A Home At the End Of the World' or something like that.

Catlantean
28-12-05, 19:19
:vlol:

That's what came to my mind too Miss Croft, how freaky it must be for the actor :D

Tramp
28-12-05, 20:20
Bigger is not always better.

ben croft
28-12-05, 20:53
LOL how odd that guy must feel. :vlol: They said the same about Colin Farrell and one of his other movies, I think it was 'A Home At the End Of the World' or something like that.

I read that last year. Colin didn't like when they decided to remove the scene with his frontal nudity. The reason?? Er... you know what I'm talking about. :whi:

Greenkey2
28-12-05, 20:59
Didn't something very simliar happen in TR2 Cradle of Life? I can't remember where I read it but I think that the studio was asked to 'airbrush' away AJ's boob area during the scenes she wears the silver wetsuit because of....well.... she was very cold in that thing :rolleyes: :o

What will studios be doing next?? Blending out shadows under an actor's eyes becauise he/she had a hangover? :vlol:

Mary CF
28-12-05, 22:35

'Cause he's too small. He looks like a young guy, and the classic Superman was very well built.

As for the bulge... that makes me laugh. The actor must be embarrassed... but happy at the same time, to hear people speaking of his junk like it has epic proportions. HAHA!! :vlol:

Thorn
28-12-05, 22:50
Lara's known for her top bulges and Superman for own kind.:vlol:

Capt. Murphy
28-12-05, 23:24
The solution to this problem is easy. He'll just have to go for a cold swim before each take. :vlol:

"smallville".... :rolleyes: Ouch! :p

robson001
28-12-05, 23:41
I don't know if he should laugh or cry... :vlol:

robson001
28-12-05, 23:43
The solution to this problem is easy. He'll just have to go for a cold swim before each take. :vlol:

LOL! :vlol:

TheEveningStar
29-12-05, 00:39

"smallville".... :rolleyes: Ouch! :p
:vlol:that is hilarious... and yeah i remember reading about this a while ago, all i could do was laugh so hard at it... i cant believe they are making a big deal out of it, may be is all just a publicity stunt, so it will get everyone hyped up for when it comes out.

Spitfire
29-12-05, 01:12
Your talking about the Movie Poster greenkey, if u see the movie u will see they didnt take it out and she is "cold" in that sliver suit.

Tho the poster, if u look, is completely "smooth" because they airbrushed her chest.

As for this guy i feel kinda bad, their kinda ripping him off of his "package"
kinda make him look smaller....
and on the other side im sure this type of publicity will go well with the lady fans;)

Spitfire
29-12-05, 01:27
make up ur own mind.
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/9166/2006supermanreturns0076ez.jpg

GoranAgar
29-12-05, 05:12
Someone always does that. Back in 1995 it was Robin. There are so many boring people out there.

http://batsite29.free.fr/couv/176.jpg http://batsite29.free.fr/couv/175.jpg

laracroft8290
29-12-05, 05:32
Somehow I'm not surprised. Producers who have a problem with sexuality need to get over it. What ever happened to "sex sells"?

IIRC they "enhanced" Drew Barrymore's body in the first Charlie's Angels movie. By enhanced I mean they shaved a few inches off her midsection in a few scenes.

Soma Holiday
29-12-05, 05:48
As long as they aren't adding bulges and 'cold' things, the world will still be sane...though it is rather funny, maybe they think kids won't get it lol...that's a little ridiculous...

tlr online
29-12-05, 05:53
I'm not so sure kids would even pay it any attention. Their innocence wouldn't comprehend it.

GoranAgar
29-12-05, 05:57
But no one is having problems with the fact that this guy pretends he can fly. :D

This is just a marketing gag anyways. :rolleyes: