PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is spam?

AnthonyShock1515
28-12-05, 20:58
I don't fully get what spam is?
(Don't call me thick!):p
What is spam?

Real Life Lara
28-12-05, 21:01
Unwanted mail/messages/posts etc that take up room and really have no meaning or use. Thats how I define it anyway :wve:

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 21:05
If you go off-topic on a thread constantly, that would be spamming. There is a good definition of spamming somewhere, I'll just go and look...

AnthonyShock1515
28-12-05, 21:06
Ive seen on a few forums the phrase "spam to reveal new page"

What does that mean?

egyptiangal
28-12-05, 21:10
"Spam, spam, spam, spam! Spam, spam, spam, spam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!" :ton:

this post is the definition of spamming hahaha.

ELEN
28-12-05, 21:16
To post irrelevant or inappropriate messages to one or more Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists, or other messaging system.

dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

For this message board, spam has been (unfortunately) equal to "I want to increase my post count, without giving a **** if my posts don't make sense and irritate the others. Well my posts make sense, so it doesn't really matter if I use spam to increase my post count".

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 21:19
ELEN, I can't find the Terms & Conditions. Do you know where it's gone? I found a brilliant definitions of spamming that I can't find (not sure if it came from T & C though). :wve:

AnthonyShock1515
28-12-05, 21:20
Thanx ELEN:)

ELEN
28-12-05, 21:32
ELEN, I can't find the Terms & Conditions. Do you know where it's gone? I found a brilliant definitions of spamming that I can't find (not sure if it came from T & C though). :wve:

For now they are only on the register page.

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 21:33
So how will someone know what to and what not to do? They won't know if they are braking rules or not.

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 21:52
So how will someone know what to and what not to do? They won't know if they are braking rules or not.

I think common sense is a pretty good guideline :)

Scottlee
28-12-05, 21:55
Well it's maturity and common sense anyway, isn't it? If you're annoying, repetitve, and too overly post-happy, chances are you might slip into the realm of SPAMMING and deserve to have done so regardless of how hidden from view the official rule was.

tlr online
28-12-05, 21:56
That's not spam. This is spam! :D

http://www.bird-man.com/images/attachments/_12_14_2004-spam.JPG

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 21:57
Haha, heard it before, tlr. :ton: :D

*Tut-tut* tlr, you should know better. :p

ELEN
28-12-05, 21:57
Yeah, the above post is indeed a spam :D

edited: not the above. Tlr's I meant.

Scottlee
28-12-05, 21:59
Internet spam gives food spam a bad name. I wish the internet variety was called "haggis". Then the real life haggis might get a bad name and it wouldn't be mass-produced anymore.

Anubis_AF
28-12-05, 22:02
Yup, that's it:

http://www.modernsurf.com/spam/spamanm.gif

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 22:06
Damn, that spam's starting to look pretty good... :D

Pipolinne
28-12-05, 22:08
This is ultra dumb,but I remember ,when I was giving my first steps in the forum,I always thought I was posting spam everytime I opened a thread concerning LCTRL. Even when I posted some kind of information,I was feeling I was spamming!Now,I'm more relaxed :)!

Scotlee: why not call spam Kurtis?It's the perfect word: Kurtis is highly un-useful;it makes no sense at all;it spoils other's work and we are obliged to take him :hea:!

Scottlee
28-12-05, 22:10
This is ultra dumb,but I remember ,when I was giving my first steps in the forum,I always thought I was posting spam everytime I opened a thread concerning LCTRL. Even when I posted some kind of information,I was feeling I was spamming!Now,I'm more relaxed :)!

Scotlee: why not call spam Kurtis?It's the perfect word: Kurtis is highly un-useful;it makes no sense at all;it spoils other's work and we are obliged to take him :hea:!

This is a good idea. I'm going to bring this up at the next GROK meeting

ELEN
28-12-05, 22:10

Ahahahahahahahahaha :D LOOOOOOOOOLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL :jmp: Probably the best post I have read lately!!

Anubis_AF
28-12-05, 22:13
LOL Kamrusepas! You're absolutely right. Have you tasted it yet? :D

---------------------------

What an amazing example. I think you just got promoted in the GROK community :D

Scottlee
28-12-05, 22:14
Well, it's a double edged sword this one.

On the one hand, banning people for committing the act of "Kurtis" would be highly amusing.

On the other, making a byword of Kurtis could potentially scare all the impressionable young single women away from the forums. And I don't want to do that.

Kamrusepas
28-12-05, 22:23
LOL Kamrusepas! You're absolutely right. Have you tasted it yet? :D

I think I actually have some in the kitchen.... Nah, it's 1.30 am, I better head to bed and leave the spam for tomorrow :wve:

Anubis_AF
28-12-05, 22:27
Same time here :wve:
I think I'll do the same. Night everyone.

Pipolinne
28-12-05, 22:29
Elen:thank you very much!Your laughing is a priceless reward :)!

Anubis: It's always a pleasure to know you read my posts.;)

Scotlee: we,brave revolutionaries,are used to to face mundane obstacles in our fight.I might be covered in chirugais sent from every PRAFKA member,and my lips will say "I don't want my mailbox filled with kurtis"!!and if ever men in this thread decided to become a PRAFKA ( how many of them spam fans),I'd still say "please,fine forum folk,do not kurtis your threads"!

And now my friends,lets no become off-topic,or we might be acused of writting kurtis!

Jacob x5
28-12-05, 22:43
Just two of the rules on this forum:

No cursing.
No Kurtising.

Capt. Murphy
28-12-05, 23:19
What is Spam? :yik: I am literally agast!

To ask such a question in this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com) forum.... eh. :confused:

Can't see the forest through the trees.... :vlol:

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 09:17
No cursing.
No Kurtising.

I'm afraid that Kurtising might become an actual word around here... :rolleyes:

Jacob x5
29-12-05, 09:47
It's nothing to worry about, Kamrusepas. :D