PDA

View Full Version : Thinking like Dogs!

nikos
29-12-05, 12:15
Thinking like Dogs! 29 Dec 2005 10:11:00

By Vagelis Theodorou

Officials at the German post office found a very effective way to stop dog attacks on postmen while on duty. Actually, they have not equipped their workers with durable costumes and protective helmets, but they started giving lessons in canine psychology instead. Among other things, the seminars include theoretical and practical advice on how to psychoanalyse the four-legged creatures, as well as ways to collaborate with and handle dogs. At the same time, they explain why it is not possible to cycle faster than a dog and they also demonstrate how to hand the mail to a person who is walking their dog without being bitten.

The innovative and useful courses were introduced in 2001 and over 80,000 postal employees have learnt how to psychoanalyse dogs so far.

Deutsche Post spokesperson Sylvia Blesing noted that the seminars must be working, since the dog attacks this Christmas are the lowest of the last ten years. Postman Rolf Schulz from Berlin, who attended the course, said, "It gave me a real insight into how dogs behave and what causes them to bite."

However, many people are quite critical of the courses, describing them as pointless. On the other hand, dog trainer Stefan Biegier defended the seminars, while at the same time he suggested to citizens that they tie their dogs when they know when their mail is to be delivered, since German postmen are very punctual.

tlr online
29-12-05, 18:57
Like you'd have time for that with a pair of gnashers drooling at you !? :D

Mona Sax
29-12-05, 19:25
...he suggested to citizens that they tie their dogs when they know when their mail is to be delivered, since German postmen are very punctual.
Somehow I think that's the funniest part. German efficiency at its best. :D

Gabi
29-12-05, 20:13
Somehow I think that's the funniest part. German efficiency at its best. :D

I completely agree :D .

Gabi
29-12-05, 21:51
Sorry :o

Load Balancing :rolleyes: