PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Imageshack?

BX16v
29-12-05, 12:43
Can anyone suggest a good (free) alternative to Imageshack?

I have tried to register on Imageshack a few times, but after entering my email address twice and clicking on register it comes up page cannot be displayed :confused:

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 12:46
Try www.photobucket.com

BX16v
29-12-05, 13:31
Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to get an account straight away at Photobucket :)

Suppose I'd better try it eh? lol
If this works, there should be a picture of a canoeist taken by me in Nottingham.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/DICarroll/Canoe1.jpg

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 13:34
I have tried to register on Imageshack a few times, but after entering my email address twice and clicking on register it comes up page cannot be displayed :confused:

Why do you have to register anyways? Except if you want to browse all pics you've uploaded or something...

Is it just me or is Imageshack ****py these days? It gives me an error almost every time I try to upload.

Capt. Murphy
29-12-05, 13:37
I use Village Photos. But I'm not sure if it'll do for whatever you're wanting to host. (Like: if the pics are too big)... :confused:

You can look into it here. http://www.villagephotos.com/

But if you're already good to go then nevermind. :o

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 13:51
I'm glad it works, BX16v :tmb:

@ Kamrusepas: Same here. Always get an error.

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 14:17
So it's not just me it's got something against :D

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 14:24
Maybe it's just the members with cool avatars ;)

Tramp
29-12-05, 20:22
I was having problems with Imageshack too. They seemed to have changed there formatting and every time I tried to post a picture all I could post was a link to Imageshack.

I swapped to Photobucket then and have had no problems. You have to register as you have your own album. The photos stay in the album until you delete them. I only have one album but the way it reads you may be able to have more than one album.

Mona Sax
29-12-05, 20:28
Thanks a lot, it works for me! :(

:ton:

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 20:28
I have four albums, Gabi :)

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 20:31
Thanks a lot, it works for me! :(

:ton:

:hug:

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 20:31

Yes, that's gotta be it :tmb:

Tramp
29-12-05, 20:40
Damn load balancing. I hate it when it does that to you when you are submitting a post. Hence duplicate post. It always says wait a moment, but the moment seems to be permanent, nothing happens.

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 20:42
Maybe I gotta go register at photobucket...

But this problem with ImageShack hasn't been going on for long, it occurred just a few weeks ago.

Tramp
29-12-05, 20:45
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_70v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk571YYAU) Where is Gabi, Adam.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb066&pp=ZNxmk571YYAU (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb066_ZNxmk571YYAU)

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 20:52
LMAO!!!!!! :vlol:
Sorry about that Kate. It's late and I barely slept last night.

Tramp
29-12-05, 21:10
I know the problem about sleeping Adam. For the third day in a row our temperatures are going to be in the high 30's to the 40's and they say the weekend is going to be worse. I don't have air conditioning and the house is like an oven. I finally get to sleep well after midnight and then the damn neighbours alarm is so loud it wakes me at 5.30am. I sort of can't really hear it but it seeps into my brain waking me up. God I wish he would move.

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 21:36
Ahhh.. Why do neighbours have to be so annoying?
My neighbour has parties at 1.00 AM every other weeked. And the worst thing is, they last for hours!

Tramp
29-12-05, 21:45
He does that too. Also has a garden shed that's as big as a house where he works on his bike and a race car. He's an electrician so he has quite a few outside lights set up and when he's workin in the shed both yards are lit up like a damn Christmas tree. Keeps the birds awake, upsets all the neighbourhood dogs. And that's not to mention the revving of the motors at midnight. As for the parties the Barbecue area is right on the fence about 10 feet from my back door. That also has lots of lights. Then there is the ongoing renovations. I think that every nail in his house has been replaced at least twice. Just before Christmas he was hammering in one of the rooms right next to my bedroom at midnight. He just loves doing things like that late at night. And god forbid if you complained to him, but if my dogs bark after 10pm he goes off his tree. Me being a female living on my own he seems to think he can get away with it. He's the one we suspect of poisoning my dog. Luckily she survived, but it cost me a lot of money.

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 21:49
I haven't been really sleeping since christmas. I have no idea why.

Anubis_AF
29-12-05, 21:52
Me being a female living on my own he seems to think he can get away with it. He's the one we suspect of poisoning my dog. Luckily she survived, but it cost me a lot of money.
This part upset me the most. ****ing lowlife.

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 21:59
He's the one we suspect of poisoning my dog.

What kind of sick, sad excuse for a human being does that? :mad:

Tramp
29-12-05, 22:07
The smart ass next door. He thinks he's too good for this area as he grew up in an elite area. But when it came to buying his own house he couldn't afford to buy in the elite area. (They are pretty much all on acreage not just a building block and the land alone is around half a million, then you have to build the house.) Whereas here he paid under $300,000.

I have no proof it was him, but he is about the only one who could. He also goes pig hunting and he had just come back from a hunting trip. Feral pigs in Australia are usually contaminated with Salmonells and other toxins. The vet believes that it was Salmonella contaminated food that caused her illness. I only give my dogs dry biscuits, so it didn't come from me.

Neteru
29-12-05, 22:26
This has gone way off topic. As the member's question has been answered, I'm going to close this thread. Please feel free to make another thread for your discussion. :)