PDA

View Full Version : The Tenchu Fan Club

RAID
29-12-05, 18:04
I love Tenchu since Tenchu Stealth Assasins. I just got Tenchu Fatal Shadows a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you. It was H-O-T.

My fav character is Ayame of course. As some of you already know I like short range and double swords/Sais :D One of the reasons I love Ayame.

Any Tenchu fans here?

robson001
29-12-05, 18:32
I loved the first one. The stealth kills, the environments, cool gadgets, the exploration... really liked this game. Never played the sequels tho.

Thorir
29-12-05, 18:42
I have all the games. :) Except for the PSP.
I prefer to play as Ayame too, I always prefer faster characters. ;)

I got the first one sometime in 1998, and it was great! Then got the second when it was released... You have no idea how many hours, days and weeks I have played Tenchu. Wrath of Heaven was a bit short and had less replay value, but the graphics and gameplay was great. Same with Fatal Shadows. :)

Rin: You've killed everyone!!
Amaye: You don't look dead.

:D

Kamrusepas
29-12-05, 21:02
I've heard of them, and seen some clips, and they look and sound awesome :tmb:

Capt. Murphy
30-12-05, 02:41
I noticed someone HERE by the Username 'Rikimaru' a couple of days ago. Although I could dig through the forum to find his post again, I'd figure I'll just wait till I see one of his posts again.

I wanted to send him a PM.

Anyway. Not only am I a fan of TSA... I'm also a member of the top's site ezboard forum.

If anyone has been there long enough - my avatar should be a dead give-away as to who I am (...over there). :D If nothing else gives it away.

BTW: I'm also a Moderator.

BoyTRaider
30-12-05, 02:44
I've never played any of the games yet...are they good?

Capt. Murphy
30-12-05, 02:55
They are fun if you ever wanted to be a Ninja. They are also violent. (i.e. decapitations and pools of blood).

edit: The controls for TSA might seem a bit rough compared other games you can play today. The hardest move: would probably be the moonsault. It involves a quick down, up+jump motion. Most of the time you'll just jump straight up (or a little forward). There's also the mid-air double jump. Your timing must be perfect. Or lucky. :p

Some are Tenchu (1) purists. I consider myself to be. Some don't like the direction K2 took the Tenchu franchise ever since T3 Return from darkness.

There is however another game that (from what I understand) is more closely to a 'sequel' to TSA. It's called Shinobido Imashime. :pi:

RAID
30-12-05, 09:44
I've never played any of the games yet...are they good?

Yep. They're exellent.

Quick expanation about gameplay:

You must not be seen. You hide in the shadow and once your enemy is facing away, you go for a simple and clean cut.

Check out www.gamespot.com for more info.

here's some info on Tenchu 4: http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11&stype=all&qs=tenchu+fatal+shadows&x=8&y=7

try it. It's a great game :D

RAID
30-12-05, 09:49
Which one is your fav Capt. Murphy?

Mine is without doubt Tenchu 2 although as for gameplay Tenchu Fatal Shadows is the greatest.

Capt. Murphy
31-12-05, 02:15
Tenchu 1.

Angel666
31-12-05, 19:48
I just got Tenchu final shadows today and it's awesome! I suck but I'm still training. I prefer Ayame's weapons also. This game rocks!!

RAID
04-01-06, 18:45
Hehehehe. Of course it does. How can a tenchu game be bad? :P
It's not that tough really. the controls are very much user-friendly and it helps a lot. You'll get used to it in no time :tmb:

Angel666
06-01-06, 00:21
Okay, I just got to Rin's last battle on the beach with Jyorou or something and I cant kill the one-eyed *******! I need some help please. Also, on the beach before Jyorou walks out there's someone with the guitar thingy, was that a man or a woman?

Thorir
06-01-06, 01:11
He is a bishounen. A beautiful man. ;)

Don't worry, most people have problems with the last boss... He is seriously difficult!! Make sure you bring an armour and LOTS of healing items. Some strengh potions and Rin's claw weapon.You can actually kill him in seconds if you have unlocked all of Rin's moves, but it is pretty difficult to get the timing right.

RAID
06-01-06, 16:16
Okay, I just got to Rin's last battle on the beach with Jyorou or something and I cant kill the one-eyed *******! I need some help please. Also, on the beach before Jyorou walks out there's someone with the guitar thingy, was that a man or a woman?

Jyuzou is very easy.

All you need is Rin's ninja claw, (If you have a strength talisman it helps) and about 2-3 caltrops.

scatter caltrops behind you, then lock on him with R2.When he steps on them and starts hoping on one leg, attack him with your best move.

Just be careful not to step on your own caltrops.

Chocobo155
06-01-06, 16:21
I never got round to playing a Tenchu game, even though I really, really want to! I love anything that's kind of got a Japanese feel about it for some reason, which game do you recommend I play first?

RAID
06-01-06, 16:40
The timeline is based like this:
Tenchu2, Tenchu1, tenchu4 and Tenchu3. 2 and 4 are the best IMO. although tenchu 1 and 2 have wooden controls.

Chocobo155
06-01-06, 16:44
Hmm...Well, I heard that Wrath of Heaven (is that 2?) is meant to be the best, followed by Fatal Shadows (is that 4?). If so, I'll play 2 then 4. I'll borrow the other two from a friend if I enjoy the others first :p.

RAID
06-01-06, 17:36
Tenchu 1: Stealth Assasins
Tenchu 2: Birth of The Stealth Assasins
Tenchu 3: Wrath of Heaven/Return From Darkness
Tenchu 4: Fatal Shadows/ Kurenai

My advise is to try tenchu 2, tenchu1, tenchu 4 and tenchu 3 in that order.