PDA

View Full Version : Currently Reading

Kamrusepas
02-01-06, 11:58
We used to have a What Book Are You Currently Reading/Last Read -thread around here, but I guess it died long ago. So I thought a new one might be nice :D

Well, I'm currently reading Zahir by Paulo Coelho. I got it from my mom for christmas.

:wve:

Scottlee
02-01-06, 12:01
I just last night finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I've been going through the series one by one.

I'm starting "Order of the Phoenix" tonight.

_Mica_
02-01-06, 12:03
Last Read: The DaVinci Code :)

Currently Reading: Angels and Demons :D

Real Life Lara
02-01-06, 12:05
It's strange, everyone assumes because Im really good at English I read a lot but when it comes down to it I reallly dont o_O Only recently I picked up 'Memoirs of a Geisha' and it looks really interesting but I just cant bring myself to read that much... so far I've had it for a couple of weeks and Im not even past the first 3 pages yet. :p God knows how Im gonna manage higher English... :rolleyes:

Thorn
02-01-06, 12:07
Nothing, don't have time.:p

Sam-1990
02-01-06, 12:12
I actually started reading the 1st harry potter book a few months ago. Got to about chapter 9, but stopped. Havent picked it up since. But when i was reading it i anjoyed it and planned to read the whole series. Maybe i might start reading it again.

Allthough seein the films allready its kind of spoils it, as i know what is going to happen.

Ampersand
02-01-06, 12:21
Oooh, a books thread! :jmp:

Currently reading:

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett
Thud! by Terry Pratchett
Animal Farm by George Orwell
1984 by George Orwell
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Silas Marner by George Eliot, though I think I'll drop it 'cause it's boring my living daylights out.
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer
Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, or at least trying to read it at the same time as my sis.

I browse-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, just to get the gist, but it held my attention even less than the last book. But JK's at the stage where she thinks everything she writes turns to gold, so I'll humour her and try to read it properly some time.

Pipolinne
02-01-06, 12:22
Good idea,Kamrusepas :)

I don't know if I post the name of the books in portuguese or in english...but I think one of them I'll post only in Portuguese,because I'm not a translator and I don't know the best way of keeping the title's meaning.

Last read: Bilhete de Identidade,by Maria Filomena Mónica

Currently reading ( but almost finishing :) ): O desejo de ser inútil:entrevista de Dominique Petitfaux a Hugo Pratt

Next one: Suite Francesa,by Iréne Némirovsky
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................

CR: The desire of being unuseful: Hugo Pratt's interview to Dominique Petitfaux

NR: French suite,by Iréne Némirovsky

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

Ampersand,I just don't resist making a little marketing on HPHBP: It's superb!Just forget the magical thingies...IMO is a story on love,on how love can be destructive and cruel,how it can kill you and pierce your soul!It's about the terror that lies behind beauty,it's about seeing the other as a meaningful Other and fear the feelings that may arouse you!

Ok,ok...I'll get my pills!:D

Kamrusepas
02-01-06, 14:14
Thud! by Terry Pratchett

What what whaaaat, Terry Pratchett -books I haven't heard of? :eek:

Catlantean
02-01-06, 14:34
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Quiver.
02-01-06, 14:46
Last Read: The DaVinci Code :)

Did you already saw the trailer from the upcomming movie? it looks very nice...

_Mica_
02-01-06, 14:49
Yeah, I saw it. Can't wait for it though! :jmp:

Kamrusepas
02-01-06, 14:58
Still can't believe they chose Tom Hanks for the lead role :rolleyes:

Hurrah4Lara
02-01-06, 15:23
A nice thread Kamrusepas.:tmb:

I agree Ampersand. Hello, by the way, and may I call you
&
for short!:D

Oh wow, as you can see I have just discovered all the new message features!!!:yah:

I'm reading

The Music of the Primes by Marcus du Sautoy

H4L:wve:

GodOfLight
02-01-06, 15:27
Currently reading:

The Fall of Atlantis by Marion Zimmer Bradley
and
The Orion Mystery by Robert Bauval

Kamrusepas
02-01-06, 15:29
A nice thread Kamrusepas.:tmb:

I just like to read a lot, and I thought this thread might give me ideas on what to read next.

Altho, after that Coelho book, I'll probably read Dark Tower V by Stephen King, as I also got that for christmas :tmb:

Ampersand
02-01-06, 15:30
I agree Ampersand. Hello, by the way, and may I call you
&
for short!:D

Yes you may. :D

Mona Sax
02-01-06, 15:31
The Pyramid by Kevin Jackson and Jonathan Stamp.

Kamrusepas
02-01-06, 15:34
The Fall of Atlantis by Marion Zimmer Bradley
and
The Orion Mystery by Robert Bauval

Ohh, both sound very intriguing. Are they any good? :p

Anubis_AF
02-01-06, 18:38
Nothing, don't have time.:p

Same here :D

Angel666
02-01-06, 20:32
Ampersand: Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer
Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, or at least trying to read it at the same time as my sis.
I browse-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I love the Artemis Fowl series. Very funny. Assassin's Apprentice sounds interesting. What's it about? I highly recommend you read Half-Blood Prince. Not her best work but very surprising, that is, if you didn't already read the last few chappies.

Laraismyrolemodel:Currently Reading: Angels and Demons

I LOVE that book. It's AWESOME!!

I am currently reading the first Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan. It's alright.
I last read the fourth Series of Unfortunate Events: The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket. It was pretty good.
Next I will read either Memoirs of a Geisha or Story Time by Edward Bloor. I also recently finnished Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz. It's an Alex Rider story and not my favorite but it was good.

Paperdoll
02-01-06, 20:54
omg I haven't bought a book in ages... :/ I still have some to read but with school...I just don't have time.
The last one I read (it was for school but it still counts :D) was Fédon by Platão (in english, Plato's Phaedo).
I do miss reading but I really don't feel like spending money on a book that I don't know if I will enjoy, since I don't earn any money. If I did, the situation would be different.

Maybe I'll read Theophile Gautier's stories once more. I just love "La Morte Amoureuse" (in a bad translation, The Dead Girl In Love).

Lara Croft Fan Joe
02-01-06, 20:57
what happens after we die? by dr sam parnia

Pipolinne
02-01-06, 21:23
Hello!

It's so good to find someone who also has a crush on books,Kamrusepas :D!

It's in threads like these I pity that there are so few Portuguese translated books :(!

I was thinking about Codex 632,by José Rodrigues dos Santos. It's a fiction based upon a (true)secret document about Colombo's nationality.The readable part - most of it is destroyed and it's written in code-allows some speculation regarding the the possibility Colombo might be portuguese. Nothing is proven,of course,but,in his romance,JRP makes his protagonist entering a quest which will confirm that.

Anyway,an author I know it's available in English language:) (he's Australian)is Garth Nix. I've just loved Sabriel-Lirael-Abhorsen. It's a fantasy trilogy,but its characters are really human...sometimes he's a bit scary the authour know so well what we feel!

From MZB,I've read Mists of Avalon and two more I don't recall the name,because I didn't like that much.But one was about the Trojan war.

My next adventure will be decide what book to buy first: Gormenghast,The Iron dragon's daughter or Kushiel...(the three,lol).

Kamrusepas
02-01-06, 21:32
Hello!

It's so good to find someone who also has a crush on books,Kamrusepas :D!

You have noooo idea :D

robson001
02-01-06, 21:39
hmmm, let's see... *reaches for the tome*

here it is:
Histoire de la vie privée, vol. 1: D'Empire Roman at l'an Mil. (various authors, organized by Paul Veyne)

Sorry, this ignorant doesn't know the english title (no matter anyways, this is a widely known historical book)

Nessie
02-01-06, 21:46
"Fox Evil", by Minette Walters. Well, I would be reading it right now if I didn't find it so goddamn boring. *yawn*

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-01-06, 21:56
"A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. VERY good story.

Pipolinne
02-01-06, 23:53
double misterious post!

Pipolinne
02-01-06, 23:55
Robson001,I've read that one( the first tome),when I was at my first year at university!

Curiosidade: Andas na Nova?Eu li-o na cadeira de Introdução à História da Psicologia,no ISPA.

Scottlee
03-01-06, 00:01
Okay, started Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix earlier on.

Decent first chapter, but that's all I've read. God it's a thick book!

Pipolinne
03-01-06, 00:07
something weird is happening...another double post!

Spitfire
03-01-06, 00:08
Im reading A million little pieces by James Frey, its really good so far!

Pipolinne
03-01-06, 00:09
Good to hit Kurtis's head :)!!

Seriously,I hope you enjoy it. I remember I've reas that one like if I was a heroine junkie,so,it wasn't a good experience.Anyway,nowadays,I keep it as a undercover weapon ;)!

I prefer the 6th one,which I read as healthy reader,lol,because I wasn't expecting that much,after the 5th book.But I wish a pleasent journey :).

FourBalls
03-01-06, 07:59
Okay, started Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix earlier on.

Decent first chapter, but that's all I've read. God it's a thick book!
Me too...started it yesterday and read two chapters.
:wve:

Quiver.
03-01-06, 10:44
Today I'm gonna buy The Chronicles of Narnia or The Bernini Mystery.....I'm not sure wich one I'm gonna buy...

:)

Catlantean
03-01-06, 11:05
I haven't read The Bernini Mystery, but I recommend Chronicles of Narnia :tmb: It's one of those books I just can't put down :D

Anubis_AF
03-01-06, 18:00
Step away from the book, and put your hands where I can see them Cat! :D

Quiver.
03-01-06, 18:47
I haven't read The Bernini Mystery, but I recommend Chronicles of Narnia :tmb: It's one of those books I just can't put down :D

I just bought the chronicles of narnia....starting tonight in it :)

Cat Girl
04-01-06, 20:50
i like reading books, but i'm embarassed to say that i never read an english book in my life.

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 20:52
I don't think it's embarrassing if your first language isn't English.

Catlantean
04-01-06, 20:57
What IS embarassing is that I've read like twenty times more books in English than in my native language. I don't know if we need more translators here or what, but they really should get translating! No wonder that 70% of my nation never read a book other than what they had to for school.

illuminati30
04-01-06, 21:21
Last book was 'The Chronicles of Narnia, the lion the witch and the wardrobe' before that 'The Hobbit', and now 'The Lord of th Rings' the fellowship by Mr Tolkien :-)

Pipolinne
08-01-06, 00:53
Starting to read the third book from "Arthur", a tetralogy by Luc Besson.

What made buy the first one was its astonishing cover...we could almost feel the freshness of the garden featured in the front cover. It was a pleasent discovery:Luc Besson wrote quite a "real" fantasy,the heroe is a normal kid whose parents are divorcing,both unemployed.He went to live with her grandmother,who has a almost impossible to pay mortgage on her home.In the meanwhile,Arthur discovers a magic world in the garden...and the rest read it for yourselves :)!

lorien elf
08-01-06, 01:09
I am currently on the Left Behind series. Never wanted to read them before but now I really enjoy them, though I'm only on the Nicolae book and am about half way through. I have yet to read the Harry Potter series and I really want to. I got somewhere into the first one. But didn't finish it. I just completed the novelization of the prequel to the Underworld movie and I enjoyed it. I just finished reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. It's really good. I recommend it. I need some more books though. School gets in the way, lol, but still, I try to make time for it. Oh! Excited I be. I read memoirs of a geisha a while back and enjoyed it. It wasnt fast paced or anything but it was definitely well-written. I really hope to see the movie sometime though. :)

Geck-o-Lizard
08-01-06, 01:15
Have I posted already? Forgotten. I'm reading "The Algebraist" by Iain Banks. I'm 20 pages in and it's utterly amazing so far, but I keep getting interrupted when I sit down to read for a while.

Maureen Errant
08-01-06, 01:23

Currently reading:

Thud! by Terry Pratchett
Animal Farm by George Orwell
1984 by George Orwell
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Silas Marner by George Eliot, though I think I'll drop it 'cause it's boring my living daylights out.
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

I browse-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, just to get the gist, but it held my attention even less than the last book. But JK's at the stage where she thinks everything she writes turns to gold, so I'll humour her and try to read it properly some time.

love Terry Pratchett...........thank goodness I can get inter-library loans through my small library.............cause it really is small:vlol: I also love to read mysteries. I can see my reading is going to go down hill since I re joined trf.:)

SkyGirl
08-01-06, 01:23
Uhm...I'm not reading nothing right now...but last night I was reading the reasons for optical ilusions...quite interesting I'de say :D

Hurrah4Lara
10-01-06, 00:06
Jar City - Arnaldur Indridason

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-01-06, 00:13
I forgot if I posted too, but I'm reading "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. Yes, I'm sure I've posted already. :p I'm also reading some really good Silent Hill fanfics.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 00:30
I don't think it's embarrassing if your first language isn't English.

Absolutely NOT.....................I'm embarasses that it's the ONLY language that I can speak:o

Lonely Istari
10-01-06, 06:25
I'm reading Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice"

I love it :yah:

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 07:14
Just started "V" by A.C. Crispin.............along the same lines as War of the Worlds. Seems interesting...............so far.

Joscail
10-01-06, 08:03
The last book I read was What If I had Never Tried it - Valenitno Rossi's Autobiography

The book I'm currently reading is Phil Irving - Autobiography

spence
10-01-06, 08:44
Bad Men by John Connolly

illuminati30
10-01-06, 12:03
Just started "V" by A.C. Crispin.............along the same lines as War of the Worlds. Seems interesting...............so far.

There is also a TV program of this from back in the 80's! Hope you like the book.

LaraLuva4Eva
10-01-06, 12:05
Not Reading ;)

superstar
10-01-06, 12:11
i have read memoirs of a geisha last XD and i think i will go on reading a book clled zamba lolXD

Angel666
10-01-06, 20:08
I just finnished Memi0rs 0f a geisha and I l0ved it. I am currently reading St0ry Time by Edward Bl00r.

PS: my key between i and p isnt w0rking and will be substituted with 0 until I can get a new keyb0ard. S0rry f0r the ann0yance.

Draco
10-01-06, 20:10
The Teeth of the Tiger

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:12
I just finnished Memi0rs 0f a geisha and I l0ved it. I am currently reading St0ry Time by Edward Bl00r.

PS: my key between i and p isnt w0rking and will be substituted with 0 until I can get a new keyb0ard. S0rry f0r the ann0yance.
I'm gonna start that next, before I see the movie :tmb:

Angel666
10-01-06, 20:37
:tmb:

Nephili
10-01-06, 20:52
Im currently working my way through the Resident Evil novels, i only have the first one, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy, but have ordered the second one, Resident Evil: City of the Dead.

zgubilici
10-01-06, 21:30
Just finished: "Miracle strain" by Michael Cordy

NOw reading: "The countess of Charny" - by Alexander Dumas - one of his books I didn't get to read yet :)

Pipolinne
11-01-06, 02:06
I'm really wanting to read Pride & Prejudice ( original version),now a new film about it is coming and I'm so looking forward to watch it :)!!!

Jacob x5
11-01-06, 04:42
*Yawn* Morning all. :wve:

Last night I started The Penultimate Peril (Book 12, A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket). It's been so long since I read the last one that I can't remember some things, and they keep coming up in this book and I don't remember them. :confused:

EDIT: By the way, Angel666, is your 'O' broken? :ton:

Maureen Errant
11-01-06, 06:02
Read some of the Lemony Snickets books.............a little too far fetched for me......................I read about 6 though...........................Almost finished 'V' about 20 pages to go.:jmp: (it's a little far fetched too)

JamesFKirk
11-01-06, 07:45
Just finished:
J.R.R.Tolkien: Silmarilion
Just started:
V.S.Naipaul: The Loss of El Dorado.
Strange... I read more in English than in Czech :D

Kamrusepas
12-01-06, 19:11
V.S.Naipaul: The Loss of El Dorado.

I guess that's a novel? Is it any good?

Hurrah4Lara
12-01-06, 21:28
P is for Peril - Sue Grafton :cool:

Kamrusepas
13-01-06, 11:13
Alright, finished Zahir.

And just began reading Dark Tower V: The Wolves Of Calla. I'm glad it begins with a summary of the first four books, as it's been a couple of years since I read them :p

robson001
13-01-06, 12:07
I'm reading a book titled Piratas no fim do Mundo (no english version, it stands for "pirates at the end of the world"), it's about an Sea Sheperd -that environmentalist ONG led by Paul Watson- expedition to Antarctica, to sink whalers in 2001.

Hurrah4Lara
14-01-06, 20:46
Bobby Fischer - My 60 Memorable Games

Nephili
14-01-06, 20:49
Green Day - American Idiots & the New Punk Explosion.

focus
14-01-06, 20:50
well im reading " p.s i love you " and as many fanfic stories as possibly

Mona Sax
14-01-06, 20:54
Didn't even know this existed, I'm probably gonna check it out. Is it a biography?

highonlollypops
18-01-06, 08:26
two tr novels
man of bronze
amulet of power

i trying to decide what to read next:confused:

Kamrusepas
18-01-06, 08:27

I didn't know Green Day had a book out :)

spence
18-01-06, 11:15
Elfstones of Shannara - Terry Brooks

MattTR
18-01-06, 11:17
Nothing, I don't like reading anything unless I have to or it's something I'm interested in, like a Tomb Raider Magazine.

Paperdoll
18-01-06, 11:19
I should really start reading again to get my iamgination flowing, I really need it, but as an obligation I'm now starting for school Immanuel Kant's Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals (I think that's the english title).

Philosophy kills me :/

Maureen Errant
18-01-06, 11:27
atm I'm reading The Duchess Diaries..........a good old fashioned bodice ripper. :whi: :vlol:

regga
18-01-06, 11:33
The inside of my eyelids, good night! :)

Kamrusepas
18-01-06, 11:35
Hehe, night Regga :wve:

Mary CF
18-01-06, 14:38
Not currently reading anything, but recently finished "Memoirs of a Geisha".

I wouldn't call myself a history buff, but I like to learn about the past and I found it very interesting. I would've liked to see what those settings really looked like, although I think the book gave me a really good picture in my head (I wonder how accurate those images really are...).

I would recommend this book for anyone, since I'm not into romantic stuff as a lot of girls are. Although the love story is a big part of this book, it has a way of staying in the background of the main character's personal struggles until later on. I'd say the main theme of the book is more survival in the face of adversity than a romantic theme.

Very good book, and the facts in it sound very authentic. :tmb:

btw, I haven't seen the movie, but I might now that I've read this.

Greenkey2
18-01-06, 14:43
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. What. A. Read!!!!!! :eek: I was reading it last night and didn't realise until I saw the clock it was gone midnight :o

illuminati30
18-01-06, 16:08
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. What. A. Read!!!!!! :eek: I was reading it last night and didn't realise until I saw the clock it was gone midnight :o

Not read this yet, but i hVe read 'Neverwhere' good book :-) I also love the conections between tori amos and Neil, in he rlyrics and his books.
Have you ever noticed this?

Some tori lyrics:

all the world just stopped now
so you say you don't wanna stay together anymore
let me take a deep breath babe
if you need me, me and neil'll be
hangin' out with the DREAM KING
neil says hi by the way

racing turtles
the grapefruit is winning
seems i keep getting this story twisted
so where's neil when you need him

Get me Neil on the line
No i can't hold
have him read

'Snow
Glass
Apples"
where
nothing is
what
it
seems

Tori also have some weird conections with NIN. Sorry i love her :-)

thesmallprint
18-01-06, 16:12
Currently 'Of Mice and Men'. It's for school though, not pleasure.

Pipolinne
27-02-06, 20:08
The Secret History,by Donna Tartt

deepbluesea
27-02-06, 20:09
Mort by terry pratchett

Makerade by Terry Pratchett

(I like to read more than one book at a time)

TombRaiderLover
27-02-06, 20:11
Currently reading:

*The Godfather
*2001: A Space Odyssey

T.Onix
27-02-06, 20:11
Elephants can remember by Agatha Christie

Neteru
27-02-06, 20:12
Mort by terry pratchettLordy, I read that book years ago. Around about 1987! Also read Equal Rites after that.

Greenkey2
27-02-06, 20:12
*jerks head up off the table* Hey, what? Oh good this thread's back! :jmp: :p

Two books on the boil now - Interesting Times (Terry Pratchett) and Summer Knight, The Dresden Files Book 4 (Jim Butcher)

Anyone else here like the Dresden Files? Anyone? :wve: Great fun :D

saray
27-02-06, 20:17
the edge by alan gibbons ~ the whole of my school has to read it. it's not my cup ot tea though

Kamrusepas
27-02-06, 20:22
Hey, someone revived this :yah: I was gonna do it myself actually, but forgot :p

Well, I finally finished the Dark Tower V, and moved onto By The Light Of The Moon by Dean Koontz :wve:

Lavinder
27-02-06, 20:27
I am not currently reading anything, but writing for my own please.. sort of like reading but using your own mind for a story :)

mau3genius
27-02-06, 20:34
I finished reading HP 6 [took me 2 days] and I'm starting with The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew

Cassandra12
27-02-06, 21:35
I'm reading a Wilbur Smith's book... I love him!:cln:
I don't remember how it calls in english, but in italian is la spiaggia infuocata

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-02-06, 21:37
I'm almost done reading one of Angelina Jolie's UN journals. :wve:

disjointed
27-02-06, 23:26
Civilization and its Discontents - Sigmund Freud

oocladableeblah
27-02-06, 23:28
i am currently reading tomb raider the amulet of power by Mark Resnick.
and im also reading Martin the Warrior by Brian Jacques.

tlr online
27-02-06, 23:30
1984 by George Orwell.

Brave New World next. :wve:

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-02-06, 23:39
1984 by George Orwell.

How far along are you with that one? I'm sure you're enjoying it very much. :wve:

ILG49ers
28-02-06, 00:14
I've just finished reading The Girl who Love Tom Gordon, by Stephen King. So, I'm about to start reading The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

tlr online
28-02-06, 00:15
Just started Part II, and the first encounter with Julia. The book is pretty damn good. The whole concept is so familiar with modern-day "political correctness"

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-02-06, 00:50
Awesome, the book is very good! :tmb:

Lenochka
28-02-06, 01:11
Im reading " To kill a mocking bird " or something like that have no idea of the writer XD

Maureen Errant
28-02-06, 03:20
The Fyre Mirror by Karen Harper. A light romp through Elizabethan England. :)

mau3genius
28-02-06, 03:28
I'm reading a Wilbur Smith's book... I love him!:cln:
I don't remember how it calls in english, but in italian is la spiaggia infuocata

I think it means "The Red Hot Beach" :wve:

psychokitten
28-02-06, 05:24
I just finished Freedom's Ransom by Anne McCaffrey - I've read almost all of her books, and love them all.
I notice a lot of you have also read Memoirs of a Geisha, I read it years ago and absolutely loved it! Can't wait to see the movie.

spence
28-02-06, 08:50
The Black Angel by John Connolly.

Next: Wishsong of Shannara by Terry Brooks

Quiver.
28-02-06, 08:52
Currently 'Of Mice and Men'. It's for school though, not pleasure.

I also read that for school :) (I also had to watch the movie for school)

but its a small book :)

Ampersand
28-02-06, 08:53
Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw

:jmp:

JamesFKirk
28-02-06, 09:13
Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking

jaywalker
28-02-06, 09:22
Hmm i'm currently reading..

the forums..

great read, interesting characters, sometimes the plot gets lost, but in the end you just know "TLR Online" did it

Paperdoll
28-02-06, 11:05
agreed jaywalker :D

I should be reading Kant's Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals (I think that's the title in english) for school but I really don't feel like it...so I'll probably pick up were I left off in Queen Of The Damned by Anne Rice, haven't read it for a year and I still have half of it to read. And yes, I blame school :D

Megalith
28-02-06, 12:39
Hmm i'm currently reading..

the forums..

great read, interesting characters, sometimes the plot gets lost, but in the end you just know "TLR Online" did it

:vlol:

I'm reading a book about Celtic Mythology.:)

deepbluesea
28-02-06, 12:44
I finished Maskerade by Terry Pratchett last night and now I'm reading Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

I get moody if I don't have at least one book a night. I'm kinda addicted to reading :D

Andromeda66
28-02-06, 14:23
1. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective agency - Douglas Adams

2. One - Richard Bach

3. Labyrinth - William Eamon

Pipolinne
05-03-06, 11:57
Brokeback Mountain - by Annie Proulx

It's a shame I haven't seen the film yet :(! I'm liking the book,but the language is a bit too harsh for my taste,but,then again,it's a tale and it should be more intense. But I think the film would be more poetic.

highonlollypops
05-03-06, 12:04
the alchemist - paulo coelho

my all time favourite book! wish i knew where i could get the other's he's written:hea:

Kamrusepas
05-03-06, 20:58
lollypops - He's one of my favorite authors, you gotta read the rest too :tmb:

Well, my mom bought me this book she insists I read. It's a collection of short stories by Roald Dahl. Has anyone here read his stuff? :)

ILG49ers
05-03-06, 21:00
Well, my mom bought me this book she insists I read. It's a collection of short stories by Roald Dahl. Has anyone here read his stuff? :)

I would say yeah for we could start a nice conversation, but truthfully I never read or even heard of it. :p

Kamrusepas
05-03-06, 21:02
Well, I'll read it then, tell you if it's any good, then you can go find it and then we can have a fascinating conversation about it :D

ILG49ers
05-03-06, 21:03
Well, I'll read it then, tell you if it's any good, then you can go find it and then we can have a fascinating conversation about it :D

Sounds like a great idea to me. :D

Ampersand
05-03-06, 21:09
lollypops - He's one of my favorite authors, you gotta read the rest too :tmb:

Roald Dahl is a fantastic kids' author. I've read some of his short stories written for older audiences (The Great Automatic Gramma-can'trememberit) and they're very clever and original. :D

Kamrusepas
05-03-06, 21:11
Yeah, but these stories are like macabre thrillers with black humor :p

Ampersand
05-03-06, 21:12
Yeah, but these stories are like macabre thrillers with black humor :p

Still read them, though. Some of his stuff is a bit bizarre and dark, but I still find it funny. Besides, your mum's bought it for you, how can you turn down a book? You can always give it back if you think it stinks. :D

What are the titles, BTW? :wve:

Kamrusepas
05-03-06, 21:15
It's apparently compiled from the books "Kiss Kiss" and "Someone Like You"

Ampersand
05-03-06, 21:19
Hm, never read those ones. But give 'em a try. It's Roald Dahl after all, the man's a genius. :p

Kamrusepas
05-03-06, 21:21
That's what my mom kept telling me :D

MiCkiZ88
05-03-06, 21:49
I'm reading the darn davinci code.. gah.. :hea:

Kamrusepas
05-03-06, 21:51
What's darn and gah about it?

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-03-06, 21:52
Their Eyes Were Watching God. When I first picked the book up, I was hesitant. I had heard it was pretty hard to understand, as the dialogue is of a strong Southern African American sense. However, I'm nearly half way into it and it is a great coming of age story. I thought it would be boring, but it's actually every good.

MiCkiZ88
05-03-06, 21:53
What's darn and gah about it?
I'd love to read it but.. I can't concentrate on it :p I've been ''reading'' it from spring