PDA

View Full Version : Any piercing experts here?

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-01-06, 22:22
:wve:

I recently had the idea to gauge my earlobe. Maybe both, but one for now. I'm going to start with the left one, but before I do, I've been doing a little research on gauge earrings, and I heard the smaller the number (for example, a 14" gauge) means the bigger the hole. Anyways, I was thinking about starting with a 16", but my friend suggested I start with an 18". I'm really clueless on which to pick, because the 16" didn't look that thick to me at all when I checked them out at a store. Below I've posted some pictures of the ones I plan on getting, please help me decide wether to do it or not, if you're familiar with piercing. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me, I have my bellybutton pierced, but I don't want it to leave an everlasting huge hole in my ear or anything.

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/1752/gauges2jj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ELEN
03-01-06, 23:20
Are you really gonna put this thing? Why don't you just use a normal earring? :D I would never use such a thick thing :p Well, if it was for the belly button, I wouldn't mind.

Draco
03-01-06, 23:55
Are you really gonna put this thing? Why don't you just use a normal earring? :D I would never use such a thick thing :p Well, if it was for the belly button, I wouldn't mind.

What piercings do you have? :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-01-06, 00:03

Yeah, I usually wear them in my bellybutton. But trust me, they aren't that big at all up close! There are thinner ones too, I might use an 18" (one of the smallest) for my earlobe. :)

tombraider_roxs
04-01-06, 12:37
Ah! I see you are choosing jewelry from hottopic.com.

18 gauge if you: Want to wear stud-post earrings, stud-posts are generally 18-20 gauge so it'll fit better.

16 gauge if you: Want to wear horse-shoe/eyebrow/naval rings in your ears also, also 16 gauge might heal a tad faster due to being a bigger hole your body has to deal with.

There are excellant bundles of jewelry on ebay, which would include about 25 naval rings, 25 eyebrow rings (typically horse-shoe rings like in that picture), and tongue (straight bar,) for very cheap prices.

Be careful when gauging, and try to read many stories on BMEZINE to figure out the pro's and con's of gauging. Also, if you're going to use some of your naval rings for your ears, make sure it doesn't include any base metals (I see tons of naval rings with base metal in them! Horrible) and clean them properly.

[Edit: Cleared up information, I was confusing myself reading it.]

Legend
04-01-06, 12:52
I think piercings are gross, and don't look good at all.

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 13:13
I think piercings look good on some people. I'm a tattoo-person myself, I would never get piercings, except maybe for the ears.