View Full Version : EXPIRED!

04-01-06, 12:26

:D From today's The Sun :D

"A relative rang the AA (Uk emergency road services) for help in moving a car after the driver collapsed and died - but was told "if he's dead he is not a member anymore". The operator then told David Barker's family help would only be sent if THEY joined up.

David, 58 - a long term AA member - had a heart attack at the wheel and was dead on arrival at the hospital. His brother-in-law Leonard Douglas went to retrieve the car, found an AA membership card in the glove box - and called for assistance. He was stunned by the operator's snub.

Leonard said "I was gobsmacked. It is absolutely disgusting. I was speechless. I could not believe they would be so cruel". An AA spokesman said "We apologise unreservedly for the distress caused. We are taking the issue up with the operator involved".

04-01-06, 12:33
This is one of those situations when I don't know whether to laugh my head off or be upset and horrified. Oh well - a bit of both. :( :vlol:

Thanks for the article, Scottlee. :D

04-01-06, 12:37

04-01-06, 12:52
Unbelievable :vlol:

04-01-06, 13:33
It wouldn't surprise me if it had happened in Germany, but here.......?

I am lost for words. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-003.gif

tlr online
04-01-06, 13:39
Goodness me. This is disgraceful! :yik:

04-01-06, 15:20
Sometimes I ask myself whether "humane" means something to some "humans".