PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any phobias?

RAID
04-01-06, 21:23
Hello everyone :wve:

Just thought I'd start a topic where we tell what scares us most and stuff like that.

I'm Clastrophobic. When I'm trapped in small places I tend to panic and tend react angrily. I also start to lose my breath and my body temperature rises up, and that's why I get mad at everything.

Anyway, what's your phobia?

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 21:27
Well, I hate spiders. Note: hate, not fear.

I do have a phobia that's so rare I don't think it even has a name. But I don't really wanna talk about it as I feel nautious just thinking about it :wve:

_Mica_
04-01-06, 21:28
Spiders. I can't stand them. A couple of years ago, I put on a jumper and looked down at my arm and guess what! There was a huge, hairy one crawling up it towards my face. :eek: I can just remember coming face-to-face with it, and... ugh. Honestly, I hate them so much, they make me cry. :D I really can't understand why some people like them.

RAID
04-01-06, 21:32
LOL. It's not tthat i like spiders, I just don't hate/fear them. Roaches on the other hand...
YUK.

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-01-06, 21:34
Tornadoes. Eek. 'Nuff said. People tell me, tornadoes aren't scary. They are if you've seen three at once. :eek:

RAID
04-01-06, 21:36
OMG MissCroft :yik: 3 at once? That DOES sound awful.

Catlantean
04-01-06, 21:37
People.

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 21:39
People.

:eek:

I thought they were just fairy tales to scare children!

Thorir
04-01-06, 21:42
It might not be a real phobia, but I REALLY dislike calling someone up on the phone. Someone I don't know. Like an office or some kind of operator or something... Makes me nervous as hell! I had to call a shop one time, because I hadn't recieved a game I had ordered from them. Had to prepare myself mentally for hours and having a few (...) drinks first!

But it's fine with people I know. ;)

Legend
04-01-06, 21:43
Wasps, or anything with yellow and black stripes!

Paperdoll
04-01-06, 21:46
Trains :X yes trains.
Not in the sense of travelling in them, but when you get out of the train and you have to wait for it to start moving again so that you can get past and you're right in front of it, omg.
I just have to cover my eyes, I can't stand to look at the wheels of it or the sound, right in front of me. I start getting sick and with weird thoughts :X other from that, I'm just the occasional bug hater lol with spiders...I like tarantulas, I almost bought one but then I wouldn't be able to give it a nice home (with my mom always trying to kill it), but the little ones :X I start squealing :p

Offtopic:
I've got my TV on Biography Channel, and guess who's going to have their own biography broadcasted :p that's right, our dear dear Lara Croft :D

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 21:47
It might not be a real phobia, but I REALLY dislike calling someone up on the phone. Someone I don't know. Like an office or some kind of operator or something... Makes me nervous as hell!

Hey, me too! :D

Neteru
04-01-06, 21:48
The only technical phobia I have is of ships.

RAID
04-01-06, 21:51
Hey, me too! :D

Me three :D. but I think it's completely natural to be nervous when talking to a stranger on the phone.

_Mica_
04-01-06, 21:53
Trains :X yes trains.

Yes! Same with me, but I don't like buses. :vlol: I have to walk to school every morning and I have like 20 go past at once! :D And I also really hate having to do something in front of people. When I'm at school and a teacher asks me to read something out, I'll feel really hot and I will be able feel my face go bright red. But I'm not sure you would call that a phobia though. Would you? A phobia of people laughing at me more like. :)

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 21:55
I hate dealing with strangers [mostly salespeople and the like] in general.

Tramp
04-01-06, 21:56
Spiders :yik: Enough said. Mainly big hairy ones.

Claustrophobia. Break out in a cold sweat and can't breathe.

DragonDan
04-01-06, 22:00
I have a slight fear of heights. Can usually overcome this with logic and reason.

I definitely have a fear of :

"load balancing"

:D

Colin125
04-01-06, 22:00
Arachnophobia. http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif

RAID
04-01-06, 22:02
Yes I'm afraid of heights too. I can only stand up to 3 stories cause I've gotten used to that height cause my appartment is on the 3 floor.

But more than that, makes me almost faint.

Kamrusepas
04-01-06, 22:05
I love heights :jmp:

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-01-06, 22:06
Ohh man, claustrophobia is another one! :(

Angel666
04-01-06, 22:18
I am not to fond of bugs and arachnids. I like snakes though. I'm not to comfortable with hieghts but I like being underwater.

Draco
04-01-06, 22:18
I utterly despise calling people on the telephone.

There isn't much I can say I fear tho...but I'm sure that one day I will meet my fear.

SpongeBob Lover
04-01-06, 22:35
i am scared of height;(my stumic starts to hurt and feels like falling off),
being in tinny spaces;(I feel like i cant breath),
deep dark water;(I dont know whats under me),
darkness;(i feel like something is going to pop out and grab me),
tornadoes;(I went in a dust devil on accident in mexico on the farm and i was little and all i remember is me crying,thats when i started to be scared of tornadous, the dust devil wasnt that big 6ft but compare to other
ones!)

SpongeBob Lover
04-01-06, 22:42
Tornadoes. Eek. 'Nuff said. People tell me, tornadoes aren't scary. They are if you've seen three at once. :eek:

Only on TV!!!:eek: fat and skinny tornadoes are very scary

Satu
05-01-06, 01:34
I have a huge fear of crowded places with no easy exit.
I was in an overwrowded tram car going up a mountain in Maylasia, by the time we got to the top I was hyperventilating, and going down was worse. What a horrible experience. I am freaking out now just thinking about it.

jasminam
05-01-06, 02:11
Hmmm, I have a very VERY weird phobia...
I'm SO afraid of space...Yes, space as in outer space lol.
Everytime I see a picture of it, or see it on the TV and stuff like that, I just freak out, start shaking, sweating e.t.c.It's a really unpleasant feeling - I go completely crazy when I see it, just can't control.
I discovered this when I first started playing Freelancer lol.When I found myself in front of a strange planet in a small spaceship - then turned around only to see an ENDLESS dark space full of stuff...*shivers* Argh...When I saw the Sun shining - that's when I just couldn't take it anymore,.I just turned everything off, and tried to calm down a bit.
I think it's probably one of the most unpleasant, awful experiences I've ever had in my life :(.

Soma Holiday
05-01-06, 02:50
I feel dumb....I'm afraid of dolls...:o

Not any dolls, but the porcelain ones with the eyes that open and close, and vantriliquist ones...

I'm also afraid of elevators and roller coasters. I LOVE heights, I just hate getting to them-like the Skyline evevator in Niagara Falls!! OMG that was scary, but I loved it when I was there! And I'm rather die than get on a coaster.

Yup, that's all too, no spiders or snake fears, just odd stuff...

TheEveningStar
05-01-06, 02:58
Heights is my biggest fear so far:(... dark waters, and darkness in general... i might be scare of something else but i cant remember right now, i'll think about it and post it later

TheEveningStar
05-01-06, 03:04
Yes! Same with me, but I don't like buses. :vlol: I have to walk to school every morning and I have like 20 go past at once! :D And I also really hate having to do something in front of people. When I'm at school and a teacher asks me to read something out, I'll feel really hot and I will be able feel my face go bright red. But I'm not sure you would call that a phobia though. Would you? A phobia of people laughing at me more like. :)ugh i hate it when the buses pass by me here, they go like 60 freaking miles per hour, my friends always make fun of them cause they think it would suck to get hit by one of them...

tHe$33ker
05-01-06, 09:52
spiders and bugs..............they scare the hell out of me.

Paperdoll
05-01-06, 11:35
I feel dumb....I'm afraid of dolls...:o

Not any dolls, but the porcelain ones with the eyes that open and close, and vantriliquist ones...

I used to have one in my room when I was younger, as I grew up, it started freaking me out :X it's almost like a paranoia, it looks like they're looking at you constantly *shivers*

Edit:
I forgot to mention my biggest phobia :X needles. Whenever I have to do some blood tests or to get an injection, I just freak. I get terribly sick and I almost faint afterwards. I think it's because when I was little a nurse, that was more like the devil's spawn, couldn't find my vein so she started sticking the needle anywhere. So from then on, I'm just terrified of it :X

Ampersand
05-01-06, 11:44
I know what you mean about dolls, though I wouldn't say I'm afraid of them. They're just creepy.

I don't like spiders, but it's not a phobia as such. I'm a bit scared of the dark as well (:o), but that's only because I have an overactive imagination and mentally populate the shadows with hideous creatures. :D

Thorn
05-01-06, 11:48
Spiders, ill people, bacteria...

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 12:26
I know what you mean about dolls, though I wouldn't say I'm afraid of them. They're just creepy.

I don't understand how some people collect those creepy dolls and have shelves full of them. And pay a lot of money for them too :eek:

RAID
05-01-06, 15:33
I don't understand how some people collect those creepy dolls and have shelves full of them. And pay a lot of money for them too :eek:

Wish I understood that too. I hate those dolls myself. Their faces give me the creeps.

Miss_Kitty
05-01-06, 15:52
jep ill people to ew realy and clowns juck

LaraLuva4Eva
05-01-06, 15:55
I am Chlostrophobic and I absulotely hate INSECTS (Fly's and bugs are exceptions)

Whenever i am on my bus to school i have to scream for everyone to move away because i need space lol

I hate Bee's, Spiders! I just jump when i see a tiny little spider.
I absolutely moulded this DaddyLonglegs with Flyspray once! :vlol:

Zac,

scion05
05-01-06, 16:16
i can cope with terantulas but spiders cheese lawees!

Wizzy
05-01-06, 16:20
I love heights :jmp:

i don't :( scary

saray
05-01-06, 18:51
errmm....totally scared of spiders...big mansions or houses ( i stayed in one in year severn.....i couldn't wait to get out)='( and a slightly wierd one. i fear death =(

Anubis_AF
05-01-06, 19:02
I'm not really a fan of heights.

Sofitegan
05-01-06, 19:15
Changes and the future.

LaRaMaster
05-01-06, 20:23
Spiders are so creepy :yik:

superstar
05-01-06, 20:25
may sound werid but i fear anything that sucks water in...

LaRaMaster
05-01-06, 20:29
may sound werid but i fear anything that sucks water in...

Give an example

Tramp
05-01-06, 20:38
I'm not really scared of heights. As a kid I was the best tree climber around. But since I got my illness I get verdigo if I have to go over 3 stairs. So working up ladders or having to get on the roof to do anything is terrifying as I nearly have to lay down and crawl, the verdigo is so bad. Not very good when your ceilings are 9 ft high and you need to change a light globe.

superstar
05-01-06, 20:41
Give an example

like the ones in the pools...
:(

RAID
05-01-06, 22:22
I also have a clown phobia.

SpongeBob Lover
06-01-06, 00:30
Changes and the future.

are you scared of like growing up or what cause if your scared to grow up im with ya

Geck-o-Lizard
06-01-06, 00:41
Cancer. One in four people will get cancer at some point in their lives, I have no idea what the death rate of said victims is. I just know I don't want it and I'll probably commit suicide if I'm ever diagnosed with a malignant cancer.

UNDERTAKER
06-01-06, 00:54
I have 2 big fears:

1. Spiders, wasps and other insects
2. Heights

mau3genius
06-01-06, 00:56
Not phobias, but a big fear,
Terminal Diseases.

AnthonyShock1515
06-01-06, 01:05
Well, I know you will laugh at this, theres no way of stopping you evil people.:D

But Im phobic against.........Apples
Yes, apples, I know.
Its a weird story. I once bought an apple when I was on holiday in the Bahamas. And I had held the apple in my hand and took a bite out of it. Little did I know it had a wasp in the the apple. It had dug into the apple and It had came out and stung me on the hand. Ive been scared to pick up an apple again:(

Go ahead laugh you sadistic lot!:p

Legend
06-01-06, 01:14
Wasps, or anything with yellow and black stripes!
Little did I know it had a wasp in the the apple. It had dug into the apple *Dies* http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7771/eeek7ti.gif

Joseph
06-01-06, 01:15
I have a phobia for deadlines. I like to work at an easy pace towards a quality result, the best i can give, and not hurrying till the moment it must be finished, and feeling the threat of being too late.

That's the part of the Core Design failure with AOD i can actually sympathise with. :p :D

AnthonyShock1515
06-01-06, 01:18
Oh, in fact I have a phobia of picking up ANY fruit.

And garage roofs
I remember when I was young, I always used to hang around with people older than me. Once we were on the roofs at these garages in the local area. Now most of these garages were derelict. We used to climb across roofs of them. Anyways, I got really scared when the tarmac sheets on the top caved in and my friend Christopher fell in. He had dislocated his ankle and was screaming. Anyways, I stood by the opening when the other beam fell, on the way down I s****ed all of my hand on the rough surface of the tarmac. We had to call an ambulance and a fire brigade to get us out.

It was a completely different story at home;)

Pipolinne
06-01-06, 01:23
Well,like Undertaker,I fear bugs ( but I kinda feel sorry for the ladybugs that appear in my bathtub,so I just pick the larger spoon I've in my home,make the ladybug climb and take to the window,while praying she doesn't come near my hand :) ) and heights and descending rolling stairs ( because of the height).

RAID
06-01-06, 09:42
Well, I know you will laugh at this, theres no way of stopping you evil people.:D

But Im phobic against.........Apples
Yes, apples, I know.
Its a weird story. I once bought an apple when I was on holiday in the Bahamas. And I had held the apple in my hand and took a bite out of it. Little did I know it had a wasp in the the apple. It had dug into the apple and It had came out and stung me on the hand. Ive been scared to pick up an apple again:(

Go ahead laugh you sadistic lot!:p

I got a friend who is afraid of chocolate. He doesn't even get near it. Scares the hell out of him. :D

Cat Girl
06-01-06, 09:48
well, i think scorpions. i'm afraid of scorpions more than snakes.

xMyrax
06-01-06, 11:30
I despise huge insects! I got phobia from Heights. I dont know if many of you guys get this but, sometimes when you're sleeping you have a dream that you're falling or something similar, then once you reach the ground you wake up in shock, I get it a lot, once I fell off of my bed shivering...*shivers*

Oh and I also hate hospitals, I almost faint when I see blood or hearts or anything thats inside a human being or any creature.

LaRaMaster
06-01-06, 11:40
Cancer. One in four people will get cancer at some point in their lives, I have no idea what the death rate of said victims is. I just know I don't want it and I'll probably commit suicide if I'm ever diagnosed with a malignant cancer.

Cancer is one of the scariest deseases , cause u never know when he pops up , where , and which cancer it is.
I have 2 persons in my familly who have/got it , one of them is healed from it ,
One of them is still fighting against it , i hope it comes alright.

tHe$33ker
06-01-06, 15:18
i'm also afraid of getting sick..........
and most of all of getting old.........

ben croft
07-01-06, 22:13
Arachnophobia. *runs*

TRAODJ
07-01-06, 22:17
1.-SNAKES
2.-TO DIE ASSASSINATED

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 22:19
1.-SNAKES
2.-TO DIE ASSASSINATED

I think both of those are extremely cool... :whi:

Plus I love scorpions :p

RAID
07-01-06, 22:20
Plus I love scorpions :p

Me too. I'm a scorpio after all :D

AnthonyShock1515
07-01-06, 22:28
I hate anything that is in a nest. Nests really creep me out.

Ant nests, wasp nests, any area where there is more than 1 insect, I will freak out. Also, insect eggs, I cannot be near spider eggs, those white pouches, they really scare me, especially when I took my smoothie maker out of the cupboard, plugged it in, made a strawberry and Banana smoothie, I tried pouring it out of the nozzle, but it was blocked, so I checked what was blocking it....a spider egg pouch, I jumped and I knocked the smoothie all over the floor:D

RAID
07-01-06, 22:30
I hate the water.

When I was 13, we went to the sea with school teachers. On of our teacher (The one who thaught us Religion) drowned. Some say that he had a heart attack.

I've been scared of the sea ever since.

AnthonyShock1515
07-01-06, 22:31
Also, Im not afraid of snakes, snails, heights, tight spaces (although I was locked in a car boot for 4 and a half hours, I couldn't even make any noise or I would have been caught:D )

_Mica_
07-01-06, 22:31
I hate the water.

When I was 13, we went to the sea with school teachers. On of our teacher (The one who thaught us Religion) drowned. Some say that he had a heart attack.

I've been scared of the sea ever since.

Are you serious?!? :eek: That must have been horrible! :(

LOL Anthony! :vlol: What were you doing in the boot in the first place? :D

Veronica Ma
07-01-06, 22:33
I had to think about this one for a while, but finally came up with...fear of making a mistake.

RAID
07-01-06, 22:34
Are you serious?!? :eek: That must have been horrible! :(

It was. My friends have been trying really hard to get me back in the water, but everytime I get near the sea, his face pops in my head, and I just can't get in the water.

Pipolinne
08-01-06, 00:35
Funny you mention trains,Paperdoll;I just fear those empty spaces between the trains and the platform!I always think i'm gonna fall,or that I'll drop my purse or glasses!

Maureen Errant
08-01-06, 00:39
for some reason it's baloons:D
clowns too:cln:

AnthonyShock1515
08-01-06, 00:45
Its a long story....
So I'll bore you all with it anyways!:D
It was my aunt Maureens 60th surprise birthday party. And I was supposed to go down there with my dad my cousins (Maureens daughter who was planning the party) car. And My dad didn't want her to know I was going. So my dad was suggesting I hide in the boot for the journey. I did anyways, but my dad supplied my with a packet of sweets and a drink. But I had to be silent so My cousin Lisa didnt get suspicious;)

So I was in the boot of a car for exactly 4 hours and 20 minutes:D
I was scared when the car started moving, I was just about to bottle out, but I just thiught it was too late. But I found it fun, I enjoy my own company.
When we got there, My dad tipped twice on the boot to signalshe was gojng to open it to get my dads "suitcase" out:D

I jumped out and scared her but I wasn't at the house......I was at a Burger King! And everyone on the picknic tables started looking.