PDA

View Full Version : Poll- Goths or Chavs

AnthonyShock1515
05-01-06, 08:47
:) I decided to make a poll
Now, Im not sure if there are Chavs anywhere other than Britain but I dunno

I know lot of teens become Goths or Chavs, but which would you prefer people to become, if they had the choice

Would you rather have teens be Goths or chavs.

I personally think Goths, I'd rather teens choose to be goths than chavs, cos chavs get into a lot of trouble on the streets. They are always causing trouble so I'd prefer goths...

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 08:58
Excuse me, but what is a chav?

Nephili
05-01-06, 09:08
I'd have to go with Goths. I think Goths are pretty cool people, and plus, they dont walk round in gangs, drunk out of their faces beating people up.

Thorn
05-01-06, 09:15
Is this a teen angst thing?

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 09:19
What isn't :rolleyes:

AnthonyShock1515
05-01-06, 09:21
We only have them in Britain
Heres a DEFINITION (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevs);)
They are like Backstreet gangs mainly in sub-urbs of cities

GoranAgar
05-01-06, 09:26
People that can not behave are inacceptable. And since I have been spending my weekends in goth clubs long before a lot of you were born ... :D

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 09:37
Goth clubs?

Anyways, a chav sounds a bit like a hiphopper, but I don't really know. I guess I'll have to say I prefer goths because they're mostly alone in the darkness, and not causing trouble to anyone.

GoranAgar
05-01-06, 09:55
You know? Clubs where they play music and people of the same sub culture meet and dance. ;)

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 09:56
Goths dance? :eek:

GoranAgar
05-01-06, 10:21
Here in Europe they do.

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 10:30
That's not really..... goth :p

GoranAgar
05-01-06, 10:32
They look like goths. The bands look like goths. So they certainly fooled me for decades now. ;)

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 10:33
:p

Ampersand
05-01-06, 10:56
Goths, definitely. They dress and look cool, and don't cause any trouble. All the Chavs in Britain should be shot. No more 'awright and dat man, innit?' and pathetic Eminem-style hand gestures. And no more eggs thrown at our Sky dish.

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 11:05
So they are kinda like hiphoppers?

Ampersand
05-01-06, 11:07
Wannabe, uncool hiphoppers. With all their 'designer' bling and tracksuits bought from the local market.

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 11:14
Yeah. I never really liked them [generally speaking]. They seem to have a problem with anyone and most of them are posers anyway [around here at least. Except that they don't go around in gangs stealing and beating people up. But then again, I live in a pretty small town].

Catlantean
05-01-06, 11:16
Goths. Their appearance might freak some people out and all those tons of makeup they wear can't be good for the skin, but at least they don't hurt anyone. Vampires and Satan are fictional evils - fights and robberies are very real ones.

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 11:18
Their appearance might freak some people out and all those tons of makeup they wear can't be good for the skin, but at least they don't hurt anyone.

You just described me :vlol:

Ampersand
05-01-06, 11:21
Chavs are generally foul-mouthed, anti-social vandals, it's part of the idea. I don't know if you have them in other countries, but they're everywhere here.

The male chav is typically clad in a baseball cap, shiny tracksuit and designer trainers. He will 'hang out' with his pack on street corners, giving abuse to passersby.

The female chav will have her hair pulled back in an ultra-tight ponytail, wear large hooped earrings, a pink hoodie showing her stomach, capris or similar three-quarter-length trousers, and designer trainers. The female chav is generally seen hanging around the groups of male chavs, or pushing a pram containing a pair of chav offspring.

I should write a survival guide... :D

_Mica_
05-01-06, 16:40
I think I prefer Goths. :) I am actually scared of Chavs. There's just so many of them around where I live, you can't walk down the street without seeing any. :eek:

Thorir
05-01-06, 16:49
Goths, of course! Some of my friends are. And I think chavs are a British phenomena... Vicky from Little Britain is one, right? :D

http://www.davidwalliams.com/full/lbcharacters/vickyfromthesun.jpg

scion05
05-01-06, 17:06
yeah shes is lmao!

The female chav will have her hair pulled back in an ultra-tight ponytail, wear large hooped earrings, a pink hoodie showing her stomach
. :D

:rolleyes:
which normally tend to spill over their ultra tight pants...

GOTHS 4 SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wizzy
05-01-06, 17:27
Goths are waaaaay better than chavs

Lavinder
05-01-06, 18:19
I am a greebo/myself ... :D Hate the 'chavs' with attutude.. don't mind them if they are REALLY nice people :)

Geck-o-Lizard
05-01-06, 18:29
GOTHS. Better quiet and depressing than loud and even more depressing.

I HATE CHAVS. (We call them "neds" in Scotland.) My school is full of them. Here they're beginning to get harder to spot in a crowd because they've taken to wearing stuff like colourful waterproof outdoor jackets, jeans, trendy shirts you wouldn't associate with them, etc. but you still see empty/smashed bottles of Buckfast and piles of cigarette butts in the doorways and street corners where they hang around.

Real Life Lara
05-01-06, 18:33
Yeah we have tons of neds here lol But its actually an acronym (spelling?) for Non Educated Delinquents I believe... come to think of it Chav is aswell... Council House and Violence Ive heard. Not sure if any of that's true but it figures. :p Personally Id choose 'goths' any day. :rolleyes: At least they arent a menace to society like the neds. lol :)

Catlantean
05-01-06, 18:37
Go check out definitions of Chavs, Goths etc. on www.urbandictionary.com
I sure laughed my ass off at some of those! :vlol:

Catapharact
05-01-06, 18:39
I really don't care who they are. I'll accept a person if:

a) He/she can show respect to others. If they can then I can do the same for them.
b) Aren't stuck up morons.
c) Don't do things that end up defacing anything or anyone.

If you can't do these things then you aren't worth my time.

Thorn
05-01-06, 18:46
YO YO YO. I'm Bad.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5065/chav6yj.jpg

:vlol:

Ampersand
05-01-06, 18:47
Simply genius! The bling and chewing gum is so true... :vlol:

Pipolinne
05-01-06, 18:52
Thanks for the tip,Catlantean :)! I 've just loved the BBC didactic,yet ironical and humouristic tone of the diccionary!

I'm a bit out of urban culture,but,here,in Portugal,I think we have hiphopers and goths.

Do I really have to choose?Can't I just pass along both Goths and chavs,in my adorable Nissan Micra,laughing at them :mis: :D?

I know I'm looking snob,but,at least superficially,of course(I've never spoken to a particular one...wait,I did!!Suddenly,I no longer feel sorry for being snob...ahem),Goths in Portugal are just so annoying!

Just look at the fake Burberry's mixed with the dreadful bling-blings!!!

saray
05-01-06, 19:48
omg! hate chavs...hate them, hate them, hate them!! goths all the way!

" jingle bells, chavs smell, goths all the way" - sorry couldn't resist

Grenade
05-01-06, 23:30
I have to say goths. They're much better and well behaved than chavs.

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-01-06, 23:37
Not trying to be difficult, but I couldn't really vote on this one. I can't vote on a poll trying to decide for someone else what they would be. It's their personal choice and they have the freedom to become a "Goth" or a "Chav". By the way, I only recently learned what a Chav was, I think they only use the term in Britain. Is a Chav like a gangsta or something?

Legend
05-01-06, 23:37
Neither.

YO YO YO. I'm Bad.

:vlol:LMFAO! Typical chav & chavette! She even has the gum chewin' thang going down. Just about to blow a big, chavvy bubble it seems, and look at his bling! Something to be admired isn't it? Well...actually...

Grenade
05-01-06, 23:47
Not trying to be difficult, but I couldn't really vote on this one. I can't vote on a poll trying to decide for someone else what they would be. It's their personal choice and they have the freedom to become a "Goth" or a "Chav". By the way, I only recently learned what a Chav was, I think they only use the term in Britain. Is a Chav like a gangsta or something?
Yeah. I don't really like them.

Lost_Soul
05-01-06, 23:56
Goths...One of my best friends is a goth....

UNDERTAKER
05-01-06, 23:58
http://www.davidwalliams.com/full/lbcharacters/vickyfromthesun.jpg

LMAO! I love little Britain!

Pipolinne
06-01-06, 00:01
That thing in the picture is a kind of nightmare :yik:!!

Olvidarse
06-01-06, 00:24
YO YO YO. I'm Bad.

Hah, they should come over to America and let the real gangsters teach them a lesson. :o

BoyTRaider
06-01-06, 02:42
Gothic for me! ;)

Draco
06-01-06, 03:53
Over here, a chav would be beat up for pretending to be black.

Legend
06-01-06, 03:58
Over here, a chav would be beat up for pretending to be black.I wish they were beat up for that over here :( :D

Thorn
06-01-06, 04:09
Over here, a chav would be beat up for pretending to be black.
My fists can't control themselves.:p

GoranAgar
06-01-06, 10:16
YO YO YO. I'm Bad.

So you are saying it is not only teenagers who do this? :hea:

Nessie
06-01-06, 12:34
Goths. All of the goths I've known have been really nice people... the chavs I've known haven't.

tlr online
06-01-06, 12:44
I find the whole concept of "Chav" very derogatory. Ironically, this was all started by a British guy who set up a web site mocking the plight of poor folk from all over the country.

Are you condoning this?

The mistake this fool made was grouping the lazy and bone idle with low-income families who work their asses off trying to get by. The net result of that was that families trying to get by with little or no money were made to feel even worse.

Now, the irony comes from the fact that this guy then started a "begging fund" of his own when his website became popular and he couldn't afford to maintain it. I think his site eventually shut down, but if you want to hold this asshole accountable, you’ll still find his domain on www.google.co.uk (search for "chavtowns") and his home address on www.nic.uk

Since when do responsible and caring people feel the need to mock those less fortunate?! Some folk should be damn right ashamed of themselves!

Thorn
06-01-06, 13:28
I find the whole concept of "Chav" very derogatory. Ironically, this was all started by a British guy who set up a web site mocking the plight of poor folk from all over the country.

Are you condoning this?

The mistake this fool made was grouping the lazy and bone idle with low-income families who work their asses off trying to get by. The net result of that was that families trying to get by with little or no money were made to feel even worse.

Now, the irony comes from the fact that this guy then started a "begging fund" of his own when his website became popular and he couldn't afford to maintain it. I think his site eventually shut down, but if you want to hold this asshole accountable, you’ll still find his domain on www.google.co.uk (search for "chavtowns") and his home address on www.nic.uk

Since when do responsible and caring people feel the need to mock those less fortunate?! Some folk should be damn right ashamed of themselves!
I'm pretty sure no one knew this. We're mocking the people who think they're thugs and gods gift to the world.

Pipolinne
06-01-06, 19:20
Indeed,we are only mocking those people who try impersonating the others by scaring them,forming gangs and trying to reunite as many youngs as they can,in order to control them.

That everyone has to right to fight for better conditions,that's obvious,but no one has to stand the agressions those pathetic groups perpretate,just because they were born in the wrong side of fortune.

While I watch youngsters throwing away their lives by entering in those Chav groups,normally associated with drugs,and women behaving like brainless creatures,offering their bodies to be used like if they were an object, a simple bad quality bling-bling,with no self-respect and giving birth to children they don't have any condition raise,the only thing I feel for those groups is utmost despise.