PDA

View Full Version : Silly things you believed as kids

Geck-o-Lizard
05-01-06, 12:10
When I was like six or seven I thought there were monsters living under my bed that would grab my ankle and pull me under if I stepped too close to the edge of my bed, so I'd leap out as far away from the side of the bed as I could, and get out the door fast.

What daft stuff did you believe when you were young? :D

Thorn
05-01-06, 12:17
Once when I was little I awoke in the middle of night and saw a huge spider above me. It scared me so bad that I couldn't sleep in my room for about a year... I have a huge phobia of spiders to this day... that doesn't count though huh?:ton:

Catlantean
05-01-06, 12:19
That good guys always win. And Santa Claus :D

tHe$33ker
05-01-06, 12:20
ooooooooooh my god waking up and seeing spider above me would kill me.........scaaraaay
well i belived that there are evil creatures on the other side of my window.......

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 12:23
That Dire Straits was American :rolleyes:

FourBalls
05-01-06, 12:30
When I likr six or seven I thought there were monsters living under my bed that would grab my ankle and pull me under if I stepped too close to the edge of my bed
Me too :p
I always jumped to bed from my door or desk (about 2 meters from my bed). Once I didn't make it to bed...I didn't get a good start and fell on the ground :jmp:
Then it was so scary (I thought that the monster would come and eat me now) but to think of it now...It's hilarious :vlol:

Ampersand
05-01-06, 13:07
LOL Geck-o-Lizard and Fourballs, I used to do the same sometimes!

About the spiders - I woke up and saw a huge one abseiling towards my face. The horror! I picked up a towel from the bathroom floor a couple of days ago and had one crawling up my arm, too.

And I never grasped basic concepts of music, either. I thought the Bee Gees were women (perhaps I could be excused). When my Mum told me that 'Enya plays all the instruments and does all the harmonies herself', I had this vision of one women singing in loads of different voices and playing dozens of instruments all at once. And I genuinely believed that's how she did it. Lord, was I thick... :o

RAID
05-01-06, 15:39
I used to belive that IT the killing clown was real. That guys/thing creeps me out till this day by the way.

Miss_Kitty
05-01-06, 15:45
Well i alway saw in the dark big barby dolls and i was scared of that xD lmfao lol rolf ehum, xD whahahhaa little insane :D

Legend
05-01-06, 15:50
I used to belive that IT the killing clown was real. That guys/thing creeps me out till this day by the way.Everything floats down here...
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4082/pennywise4hg.jpg

Cat Girl
05-01-06, 15:58
i believed that there are monsters in my closet.and that santa claus exists...

Catapharact
05-01-06, 16:06
I used to think War is all glory and Romance. Ha! Was I wrong... Not only do I not think that now, I an an advocate for peaceful resolutions.

scion05
05-01-06, 16:13
oooo spiders creep the ****po out of me.

when i was about 5 my lil sis about 3, i told
her while on the landing.
" jessica if you give me that lolly ill take you to the moon! "

so she gave it me!!!!

idioT! :rollseyes:

Wizzy
05-01-06, 16:47
i used to believed in the toothfairy, santa clause, chucky from the film chucky (i saw it when i was 8 and i was suppose to be asleep but i got up and slighty opened my living room door and saw him and i believed he'd come and get me) oh yea and a bizarre 1....that if i didn't eat my chicken it would come alive and fly away (my mum used that on me when i used to eat slow)

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 16:58
Everything floats down here...

Have a balloon, sonny :mis:

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-01-06, 17:16
I never believed in Santa or any of those other made up people. :p However, my parents would often make me believe really goofy things. I remember when I was little, my brothers and I were outside with our mom. Well while we would play in the weeds and everything (we lived out in the country at this time), we would get burs all over us. We weren't exactly sure what they were though (even though we've seen them a lot, we jus tdidn't know what they were called), so we asked our mom, " What are these?". Mom then told us that the were porcupine eggs. So of course we were like , "WOW!!!". So she told us that if we took good care of one, it would hatch.

Right after she told us that we brought one (why only one is beyond me :p) into our house, put it on a pillow, and then sat on it. We had to rotate turns of course. After I sat on it I'd get up, pull it off the back of my pants (of course it stuck.. lol) and one of my brothers would sit on it. After doing this for a while, Mom later told us that they really were'nt porcupine eggs. We were soooo disapointed. haha! We were goofy kids, but then again, aren't all kids goofy? :p

Lavinder
05-01-06, 18:12
Being a teenager would be fun!

saray
05-01-06, 18:54
i used to think that there was a ghost in my room that followed me everywhere and i would never ever go to the toliet on my own lol

Dingaling
05-01-06, 19:21
My mum used to tell me Predator lived in the closet (to keep me from finding presents and getting hurt)... I never went in the closet myself until I was 12!

saray
05-01-06, 19:27
aww *hugs* thats quite sad and scary..i wonder whats in my closet.....

tombraider123
05-01-06, 20:02
I though if i ate the Pip of an apple.
I would wake up with an apple tree growing out of my mouth LMAO

xMyrax
08-01-06, 10:19
I used to believe that clouds are made out of Cotton Candy *whistles*

FourBalls
08-01-06, 10:20
I used to believe that clouds are made out of Cotton Candy *whistles*
I used to believe that the moon is made out of cheese :vlol:

xMyrax
08-01-06, 10:26
I used to believe that the moon is made out of cheese :vlol:

OMG :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

EDIT: WHEE! Im a Historian! *dances around the room*

Satu
08-01-06, 10:34
I always believed someone or something was under my bed. I never let my arm dangle over the side of the bed just in case someone grabbed it and dragged me under.

Andromeda66
08-01-06, 11:19
^ omg I never let my arm dangle either for the same fear. Yippe glad to know I'm not the only one.

I used to believe that, in a fight of good vs evil, good always wins.

Satu
08-01-06, 11:25
^ omg I never let my arm dangle either for the same fear. Yippe glad to know I'm not the only one.

I used to believe that, in a fight of good vs evil, good always wins.

I tell you a little secret I'm a older now but I still think twice before I have my arm over the bed.

tombraider123
08-01-06, 12:13
I always believed someone or something was under my bed. I never let my arm dangle over the side of the bed just in case someone grabbed it and dragged me under.

Haha! Lol, i believed that aswell!

xMyrax
08-01-06, 12:30
I see loads of you guys believed that there are monsters under your bed...I never got that,I used to think monsters were harmless and friendly, instead I always thought that cartoon characters were evil...Specially Disney ><;

RAID
08-01-06, 12:32
Everything floats down here...

OMG :yik: *hides*

:wve:

AnthonyShock1515
08-01-06, 13:12
Well, I was really scared by Resident evil as a child, I was majorly scared of it. I actually got my brothers Resident evil games and melted them on the cooker. I can remember the smell was awful.

Im still scared to look at it today, even the first game where ti ahd the bead graphics.

Also I was in nursery, and I asked my dad how many numbers there are. And he said 36:cln:

And I used to call Brocolli "trees":D

Yummm Brocolli
Why do Americans hate brocolli?:confused: