PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother is back!!

tlr online
05-01-06, 18:24
The red carpet has been unrolled, the dust has been vacuumed from the Diary Room - and yes, the Big Brother house has been readied for its latest influx of star-studded tenants. The biggest and boldest Celebrity Big Brother hits our screens at 9pm tonight, with a record ten celebs competing to spend a possible 23 days in the House.

For just over three weeks the unsuspecting group will be subject to strict nominations, gruesome tasks, Diary-Room secrets, and, of course, the public vote. They'll have to follow Big Brother's rules and learn to live with one another.

"We're really excited with our Celebrity line-up this year," said Sharon Powers, Executive Producer of Celebrity Big Brother. "We have a truly diverse bunch of housemates and who knows what might happen when they all start living under the same roof. Big Brother will be as twisted as ever, so it should make for a good watch. Just because the housemates are celebrities, doesn't mean that Big Brother isn't in charge or afraid to call the shots."

The production team have spent the past two months meeting famous personalities, and whittling them down to the final ten who'll enter the house tonight. Some of them have seen the show before; others are clueless about what they're letting themselves in for.

So what will be in store for the latest batch of celebrities to take part in Big Brother? "Some of our celebrities are Big Brother addicts, and others less so, but all of them understand the rules of the game, and are looking forward to it," said Powers. "Theyre all genuinely up for it and have promised to throw themselves into the experience. Also, no matter what you think you might do in the house, you can never second guess what surprise Big Brother might have up his sleeve."

Sharon also believes Celebrity Big Brother presents a great opportunity to see the real person behind the media persona; "The wonderful thing about watching celebrities in the Big Brother house is that you realise they are just like us. I think housemates will always perform to the cameras in the Big Brother house, but you cannot keep an act up 24/7. I do think we will get to see who each celebrity really is, and I think they all realise that too."

Can we expect any changes to the format this time? "Yes. Celebrity Big Brother 4 will reflect the summer series, but we have lots of new twists and surprises planned, that will give our celebrity housemates something new and unexpected to cope with, every step of the way."

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/news/day01/d01_0000_genericeye_h.jpg

www.channel4.com

Kamrusepas
05-01-06, 18:39
Should've known they'd come up with this sooner or later... :p

Pipolinne
05-01-06, 18:43
In Portugal,we've been through a similar ordeal;the last one was a pseudo-army thing!The guy in charge was a col.who ,with his wife,robbed a famous designer!It was pathetic watching him talking about honour and other clichés!!:hea:

saray
05-01-06, 18:52
i can't wait for it....it's on at 9 isn't it?

tlr online
05-01-06, 18:56
Yup. 9pm GMT.

saray
05-01-06, 19:00
thanks! it'll be hard to come of here...but there's gonna be a cup of tea with my name on it by the t.v lol

Ampersand
05-01-06, 19:16
Another one? For goodness' sake, does it never end? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/faint.gif

Catlantean
05-01-06, 19:20
Well that's one more show I won't watch :D

Ampersand
05-01-06, 19:22
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've never seen the charm in BB. I wish they'd show more costume dramas instead... :o

_Mica_
05-01-06, 19:25
Who's in it this year then? If there's no-one interesting, I'm won't bother watching! :D

tlr online
05-01-06, 20:19
Michael Barrymore is in!! WOW!!

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-01-06, 21:02
I never saw what all the fuss was about with this show, it didn't really tickle my fancy the first time I watched it.

Ampersand
05-01-06, 21:05
Nor me, but each to their own. Barrymore must be more desperate than I thought. :D

Legend
05-01-06, 21:06
I can't stand Jodie Marsh! :cen:

Scottlee
05-01-06, 21:48
I really enjoyed Big Brother 1 and 6 (I missed loads in between), but these celebrity versions have never appealed to me. The "celebs" are just too much closer to Z than A for me to care.

Grenade
05-01-06, 22:27
Michael Barrymore took ages to come in. He really ****ed me off. I wonder how Chantelle is going to convince everyone that she's a celeb. I was so shocked that Dennis Rodman was in.:o

Legend
05-01-06, 22:35
I really enjoyed Big Brother 1 and 6 (I missed loads in between), but these celebrity versions have never appealed to me. The "celebs" are just too much closer to Z than A for me to care.Ain't that the truth.

But last year's was priceless, Sylvester Stallone's Ex AND mother on the show? "Yeah....Jackie..." brilliant viewing!

Anyone else think Chantelle looks a little like Paris Hilton?

Grenade
05-01-06, 22:46
It was "Yeah...Brackie" And yes Chantelle looks a bit like Paris Hilton.

Neteru
05-01-06, 22:48
OMG Dennis Rodman AND Pete Burns. Who's donna out-drag who? Methinks Pete Burns is gonna be a hoot.

Legend
05-01-06, 22:50
It was "Yeah...Brackie" Huh?? :confused:

AnthonyShock1515
06-01-06, 03:29
Michael Barrymore is in!! WOW!!

OMG
Its gonna be a media blitz!:jmp:
I heard if he discusses the swimming pool issue he will be removed from the house.

To be honest, the idea of big brother is kinda cliché now...

Henhead
06-01-06, 15:12
OMG Dennis Rodman AND Pete Burns. Who's donna out-drag who? Methinks Pete Burns is gonna be a hoot.

OMG Net is a Closet Big Brother Fan! :yik:

I Hate Big Brother, Cant wait till its finished :yah:

scion05
06-01-06, 15:15
Huh?? :confused:

thats what i sounded like.
i think it was yeah wakie lol

Grenade
06-01-06, 16:02
Huh?? :confused: I was saying that she didn't say Yeah Jackie she said Yeah Brackie.

Greenkey2
06-01-06, 16:07
Big Brother?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! http://fool.exler.ru/sm/aaa.gif

I vote we get a special guest in.....T-rex! Only trouble is it'd have horrible indigestion from all those non-celebs and barf all over the carpet - I do just from hearing about them ;)

Grenade
06-01-06, 19:41
Big Brother?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! http://fool.exler.ru/sm/aaa.gif

I vote we get a special guest in.....T-rex! Only trouble is it'd have horrible indigestion from all those non-celebs and barf all over the carpet - I do just from hearing about them ;)
ROFL:vlol:

Neteru
06-01-06, 23:49
OMG Net is a Closet Big Brother Fan!

Nothing closeted about it. I fully admit I love Big Brother. But I haven't watched any of this Celebrity edition. I'm sure I'm missing plenty of laughs with Pete Burns though.

BoyTRaider
07-01-06, 04:45
What channel is it on?

Grenade
07-01-06, 09:57
It comes on Channel 4 and on E4.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
07-01-06, 13:35
o i want chantel that 'non-celeb' 2 win, or mayb that pete guy - hes such a weirdo!

ben croft
07-01-06, 22:35
Big Brother is back here in Brazil.

Chocobo155
08-01-06, 00:01
I hate Celebrity Big Brother! It's so **** compared to the normal one, but I'm already addicted anyway :P

tlr online
08-01-06, 14:27
First eviction tonight. Bye Chantelle :wve:

LaraLuva4Eva
08-01-06, 14:35
Big Brother is SOOOOOOOOOOO Cool in australia, ive seen it in other countries but the houses are Bad Quality. In Australia the house has big Plasma Screen TV's Swinning Pools, Spa's etc.. Its so good :D