PDA

View Full Version : Get Dead or Alive 4! It's worth it just for Mistress Chief.

Catapharact
06-01-06, 15:18
Trust me, this game rocks. The graphics, teh moves, all seemingly blended very well. Above all, the classic fighters return: Lei Fang, Ryu, Kasumi; but above all (For Halo fans) a new unlockable character has been introduced; Mistress Cheif, otherwise known as Nicole Lol!

A clip of her in action ;). Tall, Mysterious and oh so deadly; Now THAT's a woman :D LOL!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8869&type=mov

robson001
06-01-06, 15:33
I've played the first DoA back in the PSone days... but now I'm stuck with 2D fighters like KoF. Don't you agree with me that most 3D fighters are so complex, to the point of being chaotic? I mean, they're graphically flawless but when it comes to gameplay, there's no strategy - a button masher has the same chances of an experienced player. In fact they have more moves than someone would ever use.

Catapharact
06-01-06, 15:43
I do agree teh 2D fighting games still rule the barn yard. I mean, steet fighters is still one of the best selling Fighting game series. However, the 3D environment gives the new fighting games a bit less Arcade feel ;), which is much appreciated in some situations. DOA even throws in the envorinment as a weapon. You can hurn your opponents at speeding cars, etc.

Grenade
06-01-06, 15:56
I've played the first DoA back in the PSone days... but now I'm stuck with 2D fighters like KoF. Don't you agree with me that most 3D fighters are so complex, to the point of being chaotic? I mean, they're graphically flawless but when it comes to gameplay, there's no strategy - a button masher has the same chances of an experienced player. In fact they have more moves than someone would ever use. Well in DOA 4 the gameplay has had a major overhaul.:D Trust me, play it and you'll see. I own all the DOA games that are exclusive to Xbox and I own Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast. I am a big fan of DOA!:D I just got DOAX recently and it rocks! Oh and Nicole (Spartan 458) (the Halo character) looks awesome. The fact that you can use a plasma grenade on your enemies is so cool! The Halo level is amazing.:) And Christie has had a major slut up since DOA 3. She looks so much more evil now. Coz she's supposed to be lol. And I'm so glad that Helena Douglas is the main character in DOA 4. I can't wait to play as her. Tina wants to boost her popularity even more now. She's already a wrester, model and actress and she wants to fufill a new dream now lol. The new masked wrester, La Mariposa is really cool. You get to find out who she really is behind that mask. I already know who she is though and it's not suprising at all. My favourite character is the purple haired, cutie, moody Ayane. She rocks! Kasumi too lol. I love Lei Fang's fighting style, Tai Chi Quan is so awesome! It's a shame that the females don't have bikini's anymore since Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate but oh well. That Elliot looks like a girl. Kokoro the Apprentice Geisha rocks, I'm so glad that she has the same fighting style as Akira from Virtua Fighter. Hitomi finally looks more German now lol. And the boss looks so cool. I don't own Dead or Alive 4 because it's not out in Europe yet. I also don't own an Xbox 360 too. But I will own them when I have the chance!;) I also don't think that DOA 4 is worth it just for a Halo character. It's worth it for all those new features! The danger zones are incredible!

Wow this is my first post that I typed so much in.

Catapharact
06-01-06, 16:05
See I value the fighters skill more than astetics. Spartan 456 (Nicole) packs the right punch; a few hits from her and your opponent reaches critical health levels. She is merciless!

Oh and the Sticky Gernade tactic is a Halo Classic :D. I find Helena is more worthwhile to use over Kasumi and the other bunch.

Grenade
06-01-06, 16:07
Yeah Helena's bohuko stance is impressive!.

Grenade
06-01-06, 19:40
Oh according to 1up they say that DOA 4 will be the last DOA fighting game. There will be more DOA games though which'll be DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 and DOA Code Cronus, both Xbox 360 titles. I'm a bit sad. But I have to get over it though. I can't wait to see what DOA CC looks like coz you get to play as Kasumi and Ayane when they were children. Probably when they liked each other. They're so cute together.:)