PDA

View Full Version : Any songs that make you cry/emotional?

Lavinder
06-01-06, 20:10
Mine would be (well not a song) The whole Lord of The Rings trilogy soundtrack, I have watched the film so many times I know where every song goes.

Lost_Soul
06-01-06, 20:18
Hmm...well Story Of The Year-Anthem Of Our Dying Days is kind of a sad song I guess but it doesn't make me cry or anything....

Kamrusepas
06-01-06, 20:19
Many.

Thorn
06-01-06, 20:19
James Blunt - You're Beautiful http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif

_Mica_
06-01-06, 20:20
Many.

Same here. :wve:

Ampersand
06-01-06, 20:26
Roosh Ka Ma and Alame Oo Ya by Adiemus, they never fail to make me feel sad. But both beautiful songs, the instrumental solo in the latter has to be heard to be believed.

I know the song titles sound like a load of gibberish, but check the Cantata Mundi album out on Amazon and have a listen. *weep*

Apart from that, I've never really cried over a song; so-called 'tearjerkers' generally fail to affect me. I have a heart of stone, will of iron, and soul of adamantium. :mis:

But I admit the Crazy Frog brings tears to my eyes every time. :o

Catlantean
06-01-06, 20:32
James Blunt - You're Beautiful http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif

That one makes me very emotional too - in fact, just hearing it makes me want to scream. At first I didn't mind the song, but then a local mobile phone company started (ab)using it for its commercials that are played on TV/radio every ten minutes. Well done guys, now I hate it with red vengeance :hea:

About a song that made me cry, there was one. I was a little girl and the song was about a bunny and a little stream (Croatian or Serbian-speaking people will know the title "Zeko i potočić"). The stream froze in winter and it made the bunny so sad he died. In fact I don't know a single person who wasn't wailing like a banshee by the end of that song, it's morbid that people still sing it to little kids :D

_Mica_
06-01-06, 20:37
That one makes me very emotional too - in fact, just hearing it makes me want to scream.

Oh, I sooo agree with you. :D Sorry guys, but that is one song that I absolutely hate. :mad:

Anubis_AF
06-01-06, 20:54
I was a little girl and the song was about a bunny and a little stream (Croatian or Serbian-speaking people will know the title "Zeko i potočić").

U jednoj zimskoj noci gdje zagorski je breg,
Smrznuo se Dinamo i pokrio ga snijeg.
A jedan mali Zdravko prvenstvo trazi svud,
Gdje je kud je nestalo to njemu tisti grud.

I place place Zdravko mal za prvenstvom tim,
Zali zali Zdravko sad, zali srcem svim.
I tuzan misli Zdravko pa gdje je naslov taj
Mozda laste slijedi on u dalek juzni kraj.

:(

illuminati30
06-01-06, 20:56
Tori Amos 'silent all these years'

Yeah i agree with the Lord of the Rings sound track. i love the council of elrond.

Real Life Lara
06-01-06, 20:58
...english translate? :whi: :p

Erm... I dont get emotional too easy... guess the only one that I ever really cried at was Celine Dion - My heart will go on. :vlol:

Thorn
06-01-06, 21:01
That one makes me very emotional too - in fact, just hearing it makes me want to scream. At first I didn't mind the song, but then a local mobile phone company started (ab)using it for its commercials that are played on TV/radio every ten minutes. Well done guys, now I hate it with red vengeance :hea:

About a song that made me cry, there was one. I was a little girl and the song was about a bunny and a little stream (Croatian or Serbian-speaking people will know the title "Zeko i potočić"). The stream froze in winter and it made the bunny so sad he died. In fact I don't know a single person who wasn't wailing like a banshee by the end of that song, it's morbid that people still sing it to little kids :D
My day totally sucked but I don't wanna go into detail. I was going to the store but instead I just kept driving while listening to this and crying. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif

Catlantean
06-01-06, 21:07
Sorry to hear that Thorn :( I didn't mean to bash your taste in music, just to say how much an ad abuse can ruin a song for me. I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Apofiss
06-01-06, 21:16
I find these 5 songs quite emotional, ahh...

James Blunt - You Are Beautiful
Gabrielle - Out Of Reach
Amanda Abizaid - A Place In Time
Billie Myers - Kiss The Rain
Frou Frou - Hear Me Out

Tramp
06-01-06, 21:17
Quite a few but two that spring to mind. Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler from the movie Beaches. The other is usually Danny Boy.

Veronica Ma
06-01-06, 21:26
My day totally sucked... :hug: Mine too! I had the worst day in ages. But woohoo! it's the weekend, time to relax :D

Oh, btw. my tear jerker is "So Blind" by Alan Frew

xMyrax
06-01-06, 21:55
...english translate? :whi: :p

Erm... I dont get emotional too easy... guess the only one that I ever really cried at was Celine Dion - My heart will go on. :vlol:

OH DEAR GOD! :vlol:That song makes me cry...Out of laughter!!

Anyway the song that gets me emotional is from the movie The Fifth Element, the last part of the movie i think the song is called "Protect Life" by a dude called Eric Serra.

Kamrusepas
06-01-06, 22:12
My Heart Will Go On makes me see red... I'm so bored out of my mind of that song.

I just thought of one that never fails to bring tears to my eyes:
The main theme of Requiem For A Dream by Clint Mansell.

Hurrah4Lara
07-01-06, 00:31
I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free, by Nina Simone:cool:

Powerful for the many who have had sadness coupled with hope.:hug:

H4L:wve:

SkyGirl
07-01-06, 00:39
The one that is emotial to me...is keane - somewhere only we know....it's because it's the song I heard with my boyfriend in christmas eve. He's kinda far away, and I really like him...and we see eachother very rarely. We at the moment are trying to solve that...and we're kinda making it finnaly :)

And another one is James blunt - You're beautiful. His voice is simply amazing =)

Joseph
07-01-06, 01:21
U jednoj zimskoj noci gdje zagorski je breg,
Smrznuo se Dinamo i pokrio ga snijeg.
A jedan mali Zdravko prvenstvo trazi svud,
Gdje je kud je nestalo to njemu tisti grud.

I place place Zdravko mal za prvenstvom tim,
Zali zali Zdravko sad, zali srcem svim.
I tuzan misli Zdravko pa gdje je naslov taj
Mozda laste slijedi on u dalek juzni kraj.

:( Could you translate for us please Anubis? :)

Geck-o-Lizard
07-01-06, 01:27
"I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
Come on Barbie, let's go party!"

A most disturbing song. :(

...on a more serious note, I don't get emotionally affected by music. I listen to the sounds, not the lyrics.

Neteru
07-01-06, 01:35
I get emotionally affected by many songs. Too many to list. But more often than not, it's music that affects me more. Some of them are:

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata
Jean Michel Jarre's Rendez-vous 4 & 6, Calypso & Zoolook
Vangelis' So Long Ago, So Clear (which is a song) & Voices

Joseph
07-01-06, 01:37
Confessando - Fernando Maurício
Aurora - Björk
All is full of love - Björk
Rainy Dayz - Mary J. Blige Feat. JaRule
Das Paradies und die Peri - Robert Schumann
I Am A Fool To Want You - Chet Baker

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-01-06, 02:35
There are so many, but the one that's gotten me to tears lately is "Run" by Snow Patrol. Such an emotional song. Also "Fix You" by Coldplay and "Close Yet Far" by CKY. :(

Spitfire
07-01-06, 03:19
Sia - Breathe Me

Reminds me of the incredible, beautiful yet extrememly emotional (sad) ending to Six feet under.
there will never be another show that in someway connected with people on a touching level.

RAID
07-01-06, 10:58
Two songs that make me feel sad are "The Show Must Go On" (Queen) and "Slipped Away" (Avril Lavigne). Slipped Away reminds me of a friend of mine who died in a traffic accident two years ago. And show must go one makes me feel sad cause freddie released that song cause he knew he was gonna die.

Catlantean
07-01-06, 11:56
Could you translate for us please Anubis? :)
The song he posted is a mockery of the once-successful but not anymore football team from Croatia, based on the lyrics of "Zeko and potočić" ("The bunny and the Little Stream") :D

Here's the translation of the original song (not sounding very poetic but oh well, at least you get the idea):

In one winter night,
Where the hills are high
A little stream froze over
And was covered by the snow.

One little bunny
kept looking for the stream
Where has it gone?
His heart was breaking.

And the bunny cried and cried
For the little stream
And the bunny mourned and mourned,
And mourned with all his heart.

And the sad bunny thought,
Where could the stream have gone?
Maybe it had followed the swallows
to the distant South.

I hear now there's a slightly more optimistic version being sung, where the stream returns in the spring and the bunny's happy instead of dead of thirst and sorrow.

In the version posted by Anubis, the snow-covered stream is the Croatian football team Dinamo, the bunny is their chairman Zdravko Mamić, and what they're all looking for but can't find is the championship :D

Anubis_AF
07-01-06, 11:58
Could you translate for us please Anubis? :)

Sure, but it won't be emotional on English(no offense of course :) ).

Better version:

U jednoj zimskoj noci...
tam gdje je visok brijeg...
smrznuo se potocic i
pokrio ga snijeg!
a jedan mali zeko
taj potok trazi svud...
"gdje je, kud je nestao"
to njemu tisti grud!
i place, place zeko mal
za potocicem tim!
i zali, zali zeko sad,
zali srcem svim!
i tuzan misli zeko:
"ta gdje je potok taj?
mozda laste slijedi on
u dalek, juzni kraj!"

On one winter night, where there was a high hill,
A steam froze and was covered by snow.
But one little bunny was looking for it everywhere,
Where and how did it disappear is what worries him!
The bunny cries and cries for that steam,
And he's mourning now about it from the bottom of his heart!
Sad bunny thinks: Where is that steam?
Maybe he'll follow the swallows
To the far south pole.

:wve:

FourBalls
07-01-06, 12:11
I don't know...There aren't many songs that can make me emotional. To think of it now, none. Maybe I'm emotionless but perhaps I just haven't heard the right song yet...

Nessie
07-01-06, 12:17
The only one I can think of right now is "Here, In My Head" by Tori Amos, but I don't get very emotional unless I'm very, very tired.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
07-01-06, 12:23
well, it doesnt make me cry but its the closest i have, DHT ft Edmee - Listen to your hear

Real Life Lara
07-01-06, 12:50
Sia - Breathe Me

Reminds me of the incredible, beautiful yet extrememly emotional (sad) ending to Six feet under.
there will never be another show that in someway connected with people on a touching level.

Oh my god, I cant believe I forgot that one! I play that like all the time, never fails to get me all emotional lol Its a brilliant song... :)

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 14:13
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Billy Joel - Piano Man

Andromeda66
07-01-06, 15:25
AHH Kam :tmb: to Tracy chapman. Also one of her other songs thatr...doen't really make me cry but does push different emotions. Change I think its called
Erm I dont know in what sense yuo mean 'emotional' but yeah these songs make me smile or they give me sweet sorrow (if that makes any sense)

Coldplay- Fix You
U2 - Walk On
Ronan Keating - I hope you dance
Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

Lavinder
07-01-06, 15:47
He He, alot of the songs you have put make me emotional too :D

illuminati30
07-01-06, 19:05
The only one I can think of right now is "Here, In My Head" by Tori Amos, but I don't get very emotional unless I'm very, very tired.

Good choice !

Pipolinne
07-01-06, 20:08
Well,some of them:

- Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan, by Nightwish ( Higher Than Hope)

- Miazis me fotia, by Anemos ( You look like fire)

- Most of the soundtrack of an Anime called Last Exile ( some of them make me feel very happy)

- Telepatia, Lara Li

Maureen Errant
07-01-06, 20:16
Any kind of Celtic music. The soft thrum of the drums............those haunting pipes................AHHHHHHHHHHH. Chin up now.:vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-01-06, 20:29
I never, ever, ever, ever, ever cry, but there is one song that's an awful tear jerker for me. That's "Only One" by Yellowcard. I've listened to it like am illion times, so it doesn't affect me near as much anymore, but the first few times I heard it I would just start crying. lol.

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 20:33
- Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan, by Nightwish ( Higher Than Hope)

That's not what it means, you know.

LaRaMaster
07-01-06, 20:42
Frozen of Madonna

SkyGirl
07-01-06, 21:38
I forgot to mention Coldplay - Fix you, and that one called talk

Pipolinne
07-01-06, 22:52
Lol,blame my cut and paste;I simply copied the title below,and din't even notice it it wasn't the correct one: "Death makes an artist"!:)

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 22:55
That's more like it :tmb: :p

ben croft
07-01-06, 23:44
- U2 'Your Blue Room'
- Smallville soundtrack (The Talon Mix), not all of them.
- Madonna (there's a lot, like 'frozen', 'drowned world')

LaRaMaster
07-01-06, 23:50
- Madonna (there's a lot, like 'frozen')

:D

ben croft
07-01-06, 23:55
Hehe, LaRaMaster. I'm a big fan of Madonna. I went to the hospital because I danced a lot (hearing the 'confessions on a dance floor' album). :cln:

LaRaMaster
08-01-06, 00:03
Hehe, LaRaMaster. I'm a big fan of Madonna. I went to the hospital because I danced a lot (hearing the 'confessions on a dance floor' album). :cln:

LOL Ben :p

I'm also a fan of Madonna :)
But i never went to the hospital cause i danced to much :p , but that doesn't mean her new album don't rock :cool:

Joseph
08-01-06, 02:27
The song he posted is a mockery of the once-successful but not anymore football team from Croatia, based on the lyrics of "Zeko and potočić" ("The bunny and the Little Stream") :D

Here's the translation of the original song (not sounding very poetic but oh well, at least you get the idea):

In one winter night,
Where the hills are high
A little stream froze over
And was covered by the snow.

One little bunny
kept looking for the stream
Where has it gone?
His heart was breaking.

And the bunny cried and cried
For the little stream
And the bunny mourned and mourned,
And mourned with all his heart.

And the sad bunny thought,
Where could the stream have gone?
Maybe it had followed the swallows
to the distant South.

I hear now there's a slightly more optimistic version being sung, where the stream returns in the spring and the bunny's happy instead of dead of thirst and sorrow.

In the version posted by Anubis, the snow-covered stream is the Croatian football team Dinamo, the bunny is their chairman Zdravko Mamić, and what they're all looking for but can't find is the championship :D

Sure, but it won't be emotional on English(no offense of course :) ).

Better version:

U jednoj zimskoj noci...
tam gdje je visok brijeg...
smrznuo se potocic i
pokrio ga snijeg!
a jedan mali zeko
taj potok trazi svud...
"gdje je, kud je nestao"
to njemu tisti grud!
i place, place zeko mal
za potocicem tim!
i zali, zali zeko sad,
zali srcem svim!
i tuzan misli zeko:
"ta gdje je potok taj?
mozda laste slijedi on
u dalek, juzni kraj!"

On one winter night, where there was a high hill,
A steam froze and was covered by snow.
But one little bunny was looking for it everywhere,
Where and how did it disappear is what worries him!
The bunny cries and cries for that steam,
And he's mourning now about it from the bottom of his heart!
Sad bunny thinks: Where is that steam?
Maybe he'll follow the swallows
To the far south pole.

:wve:

:D If i hadn't read Catlantean's translation, i would not understand Anubis talking about 'steam'?! :confused: Stream (a river), makes sense.

But anyway. This is making you cry, Anubis? About football?