PDA

View Full Version : How did you choose your nickname?

Hurrah4Lara
07-01-06, 15:13
Hello everyone!:wve:

Yes, my name Hurrah4Lara is obvious, but there are some intriguing ones here.:pi:

I don't think we have discussed this while I have been with the forum, but let me know if my idea is not original.

So how did you choose yours? :hug:

H4L:wve:

Anubis_AF
07-01-06, 15:21
There has been a thread about the same subject. But since then, a lot of members registered, and I'd like to see why and how they chose their usernames :)
I chose mine because I'm love ancient Egyptian cultrue. And Anubis was/is my favourite God. As for the AF, it is a part of my name.

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 15:23
I don't exactly remember, as it was years ago. I can bet that not many here have ever heard the name Kamrusepas before? :p

JamesFKirk
07-01-06, 15:25
Loooong time ago I was writing a TR story, which featured a young man named James Filcin Kirk who was a "student" of Laras (like she was of von Croys) except that he or she don't betray each other. Some people begun thinking that I was writing about what I wish for myself which was (partial :D ) mistake. But it was a pleasant mistake. So I started using James F. Kirk as my nickname and pen-name. I later discovered that there was a hero of WW1, Second Lieutenant James Kirk, who was killed while deffending a strategic bridge. Before he was killed, two platoons were able to cross the bridge. His sacrifise prevented many casualties. So I also think of it as my little tribute to the courage of this man.
There you go. :D
P.S. The name has nothing to do with Star Trek and/or Mettalica.

Cat Girl
07-01-06, 15:29
well, i'm Cat Girl. so you can notice that i love cats. they're very cute.:p

Andromeda66
07-01-06, 15:33
Well....erm...I registered here on Feb 7 and I had been doing a lot of stargazing in the nights before. Well so I wanted to have my nick as Bellatrix but the name Andromeda just decided to pop up in my head. The 66 is..erm....quite frankly , dont know why i put it there. Some random number punching I guess. Incidentally 6 is my favourite number maybe thats why. :wve: :)

tombraider123
07-01-06, 15:48
Well, i like Tomb Raider, and since just 'TombRaider' was not availible, i just added 123 on the end :)

Pablo.CT
07-01-06, 16:27
The way i chose mine was like thi, my name is Paul but i get called Pablo so pablo was there. i Put a . in the middle and then put the letters CT (C rof T)

Nephili
07-01-06, 16:38
I just was trying to think of something from Tomb Raider, and Nephili came to my head lol.

SpongeBob Lover
07-01-06, 16:49
all good names were taken that i had in my head so i thought of spongebob

edit: I bearly noticed under my name, im a historian whoohooo:)

_Mica_
07-01-06, 16:53
I guess that it just came out of no-where. :p Now I wish that I'd thought of something else though.

Draco
07-01-06, 16:55
It has been awhile, but I had just watched Dragonslayer...so it made sense :p

I probably would have used something else if I registered say today.

Ampersand
07-01-06, 17:03
Ampersand happens to be my current favourite word. I like quirky, old-fashioned words. :D

Capt. Murphy
07-01-06, 17:05
When I registered: Sealab 2021 was actually funny (fav. ep. = Bebop Cola). The Capt. was my favorite character (voiced by the late Harry Goz). He really brought that character to life.

Now I bring to you that same spirit of sarcasm and... stuff that.... really makes people mad.:cen:

:jmp: But I do it all from the heart. So you know it's special and it's because I love you all. :ton:

I'm reminded of a certain Redd Foxx bit.... :pi:

Lavinder
07-01-06, 17:37
I was joining Habbo Hotel and I could not think of a name and Lavender popped in to my head, not liking the E in Lavender because I think it looks a bit odd I took it out and replaced it with I. So since then ALL my accounts are named Lavender, apart from my runescape name which is Fire Spark (but to add me it is Fire~spark)

UNDERTAKER
07-01-06, 17:48
Well a no-brainer here.

I am a massive fan of Undertaker from WWE. So I chose him as my username...

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 17:50
I am a massive fan of Undertaker from WWE.

You're not the only one :p

[I'm not talking about myself, btw]

Pipolinne
07-01-06, 17:56
Mine is a slightly modified form from a nickname a friend of mine created for the name Filipa. It was the first decent nick I ever had,once all nicknames for Filipa are dreadful :(!I like it so much,I've decided to use it in here!

RAID
07-01-06, 18:29
My username is the name of the Main Character of the RPG I'm making :)

Real Life Lara
07-01-06, 18:34
Well my name's Lara in real life... you do the math. :p :D

Greenkey2
07-01-06, 18:46
Weeellllll - green is one of my favourite colours, key because it's my 'key' to the forum and 2 is a harmonious number :cool:

Then again it might have another meaning :pi:

illuminati30
07-01-06, 19:07
<<<< From TR1 film and the song from the sound track :-)

ELEN
07-01-06, 20:12
Your posts are very interesting!!!! :)

Elen is my real name. Eleni is Greek and Helen is English. So, I decided to use a middle solution by removing the first letter from the English name and the last letter from the Greek name, and (H)ELEN(I) came up :)

Hurrah4Lara
07-01-06, 20:16
Thanks for replying, everyone :hug:. It is interesting to hear the answers to all these mini-mysteries!:cool:

H4L:wve:

Mona Sax
07-01-06, 20:21
^ I'm still convinced you're really Helen of Troy. :p

Mine comes from my nickname (Mona, short for Monica). I wanted to include that, and the first thing that came to mind was Mona Sax from the Max Payne games.

Draco
07-01-06, 20:23
^ I'm still convinced you're really Helen of Troy. :p

Troy never had a woman so magnificent as Eleni :)

RAID
07-01-06, 20:24
I'd love to change my username. I'm bored with it now. ;)

_Mica_
07-01-06, 20:26
I'd love to change my username. I'm bored with it now. ;)

Yes,me too...

RAID
07-01-06, 20:30
Yes,me too...

Are you bored with your username, or mine? :p

hehe, jk :wve:

_Mica_
07-01-06, 20:31
Are you bored with your username, or mine? :p

hehe, jk :wve:

LOL! :vlol: No, mine of course. :)

Maureen Errant
07-01-06, 20:32
Well a no-brainer here.

I am a massive fan of Undertaker from WWE. So I chose him as my username...

Just love those big boys;);) ;)
I've always loved the name Maureen, and the day I joined up there was a book on the table with the title Knight Errant, and well...............:D It just seemed to fit.:)

Anubis_AF
07-01-06, 20:34

Awww :D

Tramp
07-01-06, 20:55
Mines easy Tramp is the name of one of my dogs. What more can I say.

saray
07-01-06, 21:43
mine came from lavinder calling me saray maray because my real names common and boring lol

Catlantean
07-01-06, 21:47
From these cuties:
http://geri.cc.fer.hr/~tanarri/files/liljump.gif

"Catlanteans" is a name I gave to skinless cat people from Atlantis in TR1. Years later when I got Internet access, I figured it'd make a cool nick :D

Tomb Raider Master
07-01-06, 22:05
I was just thinking of some cool nickname and then I registered as Tomb Raider Master. :p

ELEN
07-01-06, 22:09

OMG!!! :hug:

ELEN
07-01-06, 22:10
I was just thinking of some cool nickname and then I registered as Tomb Raider Master. :p

Yes.... Master :D

Draco
07-01-06, 22:17
OMG!!! :hug:

:o :hug:

Pipolinne
07-01-06, 22:34
I wonder if Draco would prefer to be Paris or Menelau :whi:...

But,then again,I'always imagined Elen more like the godess Athen than as Eleni of Troy :D!

You're really creative ,Catlantean;indeed,it's a unique nickname :)!

TRAODJ
07-01-06, 22:38
well my nick is for Tomb raider AOD and "J" for my name (joel) = TRAODJ

Maureen Errant
07-01-06, 22:38
sorry ELEN I'll be good:o

GodOfLight
07-01-06, 22:39
i like the egyptian god horus from TLR. but when i joined in 2002 that name was already taken. so i took horus's little sub-title :p

ben croft
07-01-06, 23:41
I like this name (ben). It's not my real name, but I like it.

RAID
07-01-06, 23:45
I like this name (ben). It's not my real name, but I like it.

I was gonna register as Brian Croft. Brian ain't my name but I like it :)

LaRaMaster
07-01-06, 23:47

Same here , just Lara in place of TR before 'Master'
In fact it means the same anyway :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-01-06, 23:48
To be honest, I have no idea why I chose this name. I hate the Up AnD dOwN lEtTeRiNg... Hard to read. But I wanted Miss Croft, except I think it was already taken, so I randomly threw in a few x's and made it all weird-like. :p

AnthonyShock1515
07-01-06, 23:56
Well, its a long story...

My first name is Anthony, so the first part of my s/n is Anthony. My surname is O'Shaughnessy, it is Irish. Its Irish for "son of 7 chefs" I know its funny.:p
Now in Irish, the name is pronounced O'Shocknessy. My dad was called Shock as a nickname:D . Of course, when I got AOL, I phoned my dad, and asked to suggest a sign in name, I tried lots but they didnt work, so then I came up with AnthonyShock

I added the 2 two 15s becase 15 is my lucky number, and for some feakish coincidence, my member number is 15157!:)

AnthonyShock1515
08-01-06, 00:01
Mine is a slightly modified form from a nickname a friend of mine created for the name Filipa. It was the first decent nick I ever had,once all nicknames for Filipa are dreadful :(!I like it so much,I've decided to use it in here!
Hey, I've got a cool one 4 u
FlipFlop:D

Pipolinne
08-01-06, 00:59
Dear Anthony,do you want me to start thinking you are Kurtis reincarnated? Please,bear in mind I'm a wild GROKER.

robson001
09-01-06, 14:20
I put my real name. It were requested already, so I put the 001 to differentiate.
But I would like to get rid of this silly name. My nick in other forums is after4ever.

Tomb Raider Master
09-01-06, 14:22
Elen:
Yes.... Master :D
:p :hug:

Catapharact
09-01-06, 14:26
Basically it was the same Nick I used on another forum. The main reason behind the nick comes from the Historical defination of a Cataphract:

Cataphracts are armored cavalrymen of the Byzintine Empire, who were skilled in the use of more than one weapon; which usually included the bow, the Lance and the Sword. You could define them as the Special forces of the past era; capable of decimating whole armies with one precise disaplined charge. Their charges were more orginized than Knights.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/clan_caballeros/imagen/a_CAVALRY_OR_ELITE_CATAPHRACT.gif

Quiver.
09-01-06, 14:42
I just looked in the english dictionary and the first word I saw was Quiver.
:)

Virusbuster
09-01-06, 14:45
Mine is just the result of weeks of playing Megaman Battle Network. :D

I'd rather change it though...

Paperdoll
09-01-06, 14:55
I needed a nickname some time ago, and it was the first suggestion that someone gave to me that I actually like and I thought it sounded good, so now I always use it

Paperdoll
09-01-06, 15:09
Hey, I've got a cool one 4 u
FlipFlop:D

For the name Filipa...i've heard worse...much worse. I knew this girl in school that had that name :X everyone called her Fifi :vlol: and then there's Pipa which is also a drop dead gorgeous name.

But let her have her nickname, it's original and it's not something you wear on your feet :p

robson001
09-01-06, 15:13
I needed a nickname some time ago, and it was the first suggestion that someone gave to me that I actually like and I thought it sounded good, so now I always use itIndeed, one of the coolest I've ever seen.

GoranAgar
09-01-06, 15:21
P.S. The name has nothing to do with Star Trek.
Unlike mine. ;)

superstar
09-01-06, 15:36
i chose mine cuz nobody would come up with such a nick XD and my old nickname was usperstar but that was taken in most of the places so i changed it to chemiXD
and someone stole my nick this time arghh :0 i mean who else would come up with such a useless nick like mine? XD

RAID
09-01-06, 15:41
Other than the name of the Main character of the game I'm making, it's also what Lara does. RAIDS.

ELEN
09-01-06, 16:19
sorry ELEN I'll be good:o

Excuse me? :confused:

Wizzy
15-01-06, 12:20
because i like this thread and i didn't get to post in it i will post now *thinks to self "how late am i at posting" * i got mine from a top i got from a holiday club which was called wizz kid so i didn't like the kid part and i added a y to the wizzy because i thought it looked cool therefore i'm Wizzy.

I'm also know as wingil and i got that from taking the first 3 letters of my first nam and the first 3 letters of my surname

Paperdoll
15-01-06, 12:42
Indeed, one of the coolest I've ever seen.

thesmallprint
15-01-06, 13:16
The Small Print is a song by Muse. Wish I could change it now though.

Lara's Backpack*
15-01-06, 13:20
I've always admired Lara's gear- especially her infinite backpack of wonder! Hence the name. :)

madderakka
15-01-06, 19:10
madderakka is a creator goddess and also the goddess of childbirth along with her 3 daughters

Jacob x5
15-01-06, 19:18
Members that joined before the change of software and knew me will know that I used to be called "jacob jacob jacob jacob jacob". I typed it without any real thought, also thinking that your screen name would not be case sensitive (otherwise it would have been "Jacob Jacob Jacob Jacob Jacob"). It was going to be "Jacob" but, for some strange reason, it didn't let me, so I added a few on. Since then most people have called me Jacob on this forum, but some abbreviated it to "Jacob times five" or "Jacob five times" or similar, and I liked this, so when the new software came in and my username was ruined and turned to "catalina 123" (which is fine for RuneScape but for here I do not want it as I'm known as Jacob lol and new members might think I was a girl and I get enough of that on RuneScape, lol) so I changed it to "Jacob x5" which I love, and was on my avatar before the software change. So, to summarize all that, Jacob is my name and the "x5" bit is totally random. :p

FourBalls
15-01-06, 19:21
I don't know...Just popped into my head :)
In other forums, my nickname is BiQ91, but I kinda' got tired of it and wanted to try something new :D

ChocChipCookie
15-01-06, 19:56
Because I like eating them - a lot! :cln:

Legend
15-01-06, 19:58
Don't really need to explain how I chose mine do I? I kinda hate it now though...:(

Draco
15-01-06, 20:22
Don't really need to explain how I chose mine do I? I kinda hate it now though...:(

Not living up to it? :p

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 20:31
Reading this thread, two questions comes to mind:

01. How many of you would like to change your current nickname?

02. How many of you use a different nickname in every single place on the Internet [forums etc]?

Because I wouldn't and I use this nick everywhere :D

Neteru
15-01-06, 20:35
Q1. I'm happy with my username.

Q2. I don't bother with any other forums.

thesmallprint
15-01-06, 21:00
Reading this thread, two questions comes to mind:

01. How many of you would like to change your current nickname?

02. How many of you use a different nickname in every single place on the Internet [forums etc]?

Because I wouldn't and I use this nick everywhere :D

1. Love to change it
2. I've used this in most places i've joined.

Draco
15-01-06, 21:10
My current alias is suitable for this location.

I do have some different names on different forums.

Soma Holiday
15-01-06, 21:10
My nickname is the title of my favorite band's first CD. ;) It's also an over-dose like state that's reached by taking too much Soma-a heroine type of drug that isn't as deadly hehe. :D Interpret that the way you want lol. :p

As for the questions.

1. NO WAY!! I have always been known as Soma Holiday/Soma. I even got Soma as the name on the side of my highschool ring last year! :D Crazy I know!! It's my Halo username, and my name on pretty much everything else. ;)

2. I've also gone by greenwheelfan ALOT and occasionally TRgirl. Once I was SomaAddict, but that was a special occasion. :D I've also been SomaFairy and KayK/KayGirl, but Soma Holiday is my main username. ;)

Ampersand
15-01-06, 21:14
01. I like my username, and to be honest I haven't had it long enough to tire of it. Besides, everyone's calling me Amp or Amper, and it would throw everyone off. :D

02. I'm not a member of any other forums. :vlol:

_Mica_
15-01-06, 21:18
1. I like my username. :D

2. I use Mica mainly on other forums, but if it's taken I'll add a number on the end. :)

Soma Holiday
15-01-06, 21:21
Wow, it's hard for me to believe that so many people only visit 1 forum! I'm a forum junky! RottenTomatoes, IMDB, Majesco, Greenwheel, 12 stones, CountingDown, endless Tech forums, endless Halo forums, all of it!

There has to be some interests that the TombRaiderForums don't quinch? :p

Though we are a forum of hotties! haha. :D

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 21:24
Wow, it's hard for me to believe that so many people only visit 1 forum! I'm a forum junky!

I only go to this forum, plus Herzeleid and EoFF. But besides that, I'm registered in some websites etc... :D

TheEveningStar
15-01-06, 23:30
mine i see it as the star that will always shine, the evenings star, but i also got the idea from the movie.... that gives out that same meaning, as her protagonist is a really strong character.:wve:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/theeveningstar/theeveningstarmovie.jpg

lita212
15-01-06, 23:32
mines because it was my msn email addy and plus i just love lita

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 23:38
... and plus i just love lita

Who doesn't? http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/Kamrusepas/love.gif

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:40
I got mine from a Lord of the Rings name generator back during the LOTR craze. It gave you an Elvish name a Hobbit name, a coulpe of other kinds of names and it showed you what you would have been. Mine said I would have been a Lonely Istari. I still love the name though. I like the feeling of it. I don't think I have the link to that site anymore or I would have posted it.