PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft VS Buffy Summers

Pablo.CT
07-01-06, 16:30
Just thought I would add this post because i like people views on these kinda things. Who do u think would win in a Hand-to-Hand fight, i am quite certain that Buffy would kcik Lara's a-hole so much

Nephili
07-01-06, 16:37
Oooo a hard one, seeing as i love them both. Probably in a hand-to-hand fight, Buffy would probably win, but in a gun fight, Lara of course.

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 16:38
Must admit, that in hand-to-hand combat, Buffy would probably win... If she could catch Lara, that is ;)

Pablo.CT
07-01-06, 16:43
Good Point Kam,

But then again Buffy has got super reflexes, co-ordination, stamina and lets not forget spiderman strength.

Defitnetly in a Gun Point Buffy would stand no chance as she was shot By warren in season 6 ep 19

Thorn
07-01-06, 17:06
Buffy is so down to Earth, she's awesome. I have all seasons on dvd... time for a marathon!:cln: :jmp:

Nephili
07-01-06, 17:42
I keep meaning to buy the dvds, i have season 1 but thats it lol.

Kamrusepas
07-01-06, 17:43
I've watched only a few episodes, all because of Spike :p

tombraider123
07-01-06, 18:06
Buffy is so down to Earth, she's awesome. I have all seasons on dvd... time for a marathon!:cln: :jmp:

Lol! 3 more episodes of my marathon, last 3 to do :D

Buffy would actually Kick Lara's but, possibly in a gun fight too, remember she did use a rocket launcher.

Also, it takes a lot to kill a slayer, and they heal mega fast.

nomedo
07-01-06, 18:13
i must agree, in hand to hand combat, buffy would win. she is more used to that type of action after all. but im afraid Lara would shoot her long before she got close enough to start kicking.

i watched buffy last night. its a good program :)

Thorn
07-01-06, 18:17
Buffy would probably use one of Willow's spells to heal herself faster.:p

Anubis_AF
07-01-06, 18:41
Lara would kill her in no time.

Ampersand
07-01-06, 18:42
Yes, she would. Buffy stands no chance, Lara Croft is the one and only great heroine!! :D

nomedo
07-01-06, 19:02
i wonder; Von Croy vs. Giles in hand to hand combat? :mis:
i think giles would win that. but non of them seem very good fighters :rolleyes:

tombraider123
07-01-06, 22:30
Lara would kill her in no time.

No, cos buffy is much stronger, much faster, can take A LOT more.

RAID
07-01-06, 22:32
Lara would kick her butt with ease :p

GodOfLight
07-01-06, 22:37
lara obviously. a much as i love buffy, lara is trained in both hand-to-hand and gun fighting... whereas buffy really wouldnt stand a chance, even with her supernatural powers.

off topic:
i remember a great quote from "kill bill". bill says that his favorite superhero is superman cause he is the only one out of the others (batman, spiderman etc) that was born a superhero and where his human side is the fake personality.

but when it comes to lara... well, IMO she is the BEST superhero because she is ALWAYS herself :vlol: she never needs to put on a mask or take one off. she always is lara croft: lethal, loaded, and sexy :D

Anubis_AF
07-01-06, 22:39
@ tombraider123: Can she take couple hundred of bullets from an enemy? Because that's what Lara can.

Pablo.CT
08-01-06, 12:13
I'm afraid that some biased opinions are going round, I love Lara Croft she has got to be one of the strongest female protagonists out there, But Buffy would be to much for Lara to Handle, (If Lara lost her Guns), Buffy is trained in variouse martial arts, and she has developed her own street fighting style, she's fast, strong, agile and superhuman.

Even though Lara is one of the greatest characters in history, I think Buffy is more than a match for Miss.Croft

tombraider123
08-01-06, 13:12
Ok in a gun battle Lara would easily win, but in a fight with fists, Buffy would win.

Nephili
08-01-06, 13:16
but when it comes to lara... well, IMO she is the BEST superhero because she is ALWAYS herself :vlol: she never needs to put on a mask or take one off. she always is lara croft: lethal, loaded, and sexy :D

Ahh but you see, IMO Lara isnt a superhero, because shes just human, and thats what i like about her. Shes just a normal woman, who happens to do what she does best!

tombraider123
08-01-06, 13:17
Buffy is human too :P

Nephili
08-01-06, 13:18
Shes The Slayer though, superhuman strength and senses, so i guess that makes her Superhuman.

tombraider123
08-01-06, 15:40
Yeh i guesss.

AnthonyShock1515
08-01-06, 15:48
Of course Lara would win becasue she has weapons.

Who would win in a fight where there was no weapons exept a large wooden stick, a pole, Num-chucs and an electric cattle prod?:p

Ampersand
08-01-06, 15:49
Lara would win with the cattle prod alone. :D

*fzzzt*

_Mica_
08-01-06, 15:50
Lara would win simply because I don't like Buffy. :ton:

Ampersand
08-01-06, 15:52
Lara would win simply because I don't like Buffy. :ton:

My sentiments exactly. :D

Miss_Kitty
08-01-06, 15:52
omg i cant chose but i was downloading an illegal hehe serie of buffy omg the serie was 2 days downloading for 1 serie can you imagine that O_o

tombfan91
08-01-06, 16:16
i think buffy would win in my opinion because she is very strong and agile. And also she has been training for the past 7 years of her life and howmany times has she dies and come back to life again. she saved the world numerous of times just like lara. but if it were a weapon fight then I woud have to say it's a tie because don't forget BUffy is very good with weapons like the crossbow, that axe thingy mabober,rocket launcher, besically any weapon that around an area where she's fighting, and don't you ever forget her famous stake lol so i think it's both a tie but i'm leaning more towards buffy in this situation

Pablo.CT
08-01-06, 16:22
Buffy is Like my Idle one of the things in my Life which I have been inspired by.

Anubis_AF
08-01-06, 16:34
If Lara can take those bullets, she sure can take Buffy's fake kicks.

Nephili
08-01-06, 17:38
Fake kicks? Like Lara's computer generated bullets?

Thorn
08-01-06, 17:40
Fake kicks? Like Lara's computer generated bullets?
*claps* BUFFY IS THE CHOSEN ONE! :p

Anubis_AF
08-01-06, 17:40
Yes, something like that ;)

Nephili
08-01-06, 17:46
Lol i still go by what i said earlier, Buffy would win hand to hand, Lara would win with weapons.

But with more thinking, and because i love them both, they are as good as each other. They both got the moves, agility, looks and attitude.

Double team anyone? :p Joking by the way, i remember the last time Lara teamed up with someone :rolleyes: :mad:

They are both best at what they do i guess.

Thorn
08-01-06, 17:50
This makes me wonder if Buffy ever has her weak moments. :D
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/9882/b14yc.jpg

Pablo.CT
08-01-06, 18:13
There is No chance that Lara Would defeat Buffy, simply because she is a SUPERHERO

Its Like Spiderman vs Robin
(Buffy) (Lara)

interstellardave
09-01-06, 12:29
Anyone who says Lara obviously doesn't know their Buffy! Buffy would win under most circumstances, except with firearms probably. But when one says "fight" they usually don't mean gunfight. Without weapons--or in a fight with any other kinds of weapons--Buffy would likely make short work of our beloved Lara.

Even on this forum that must be admitted! :p

Hmmmm... must go watch Buffy...

tombraider123
09-01-06, 16:18
This makes me wonder if Buffy ever has her weak moments. :D
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/9882/b14yc.jpg

Tabula RASA! love that episode!

Just look at willow's face lol
AND GILES'S

interstellardave
09-01-06, 18:29
i must agree, in hand to hand combat, buffy would win. she is more used to that type of action after all. but im afraid Lara would shoot her long before she got close enough to start kicking.

i watched buffy last night. its a good program :)

She took out a heavily armed Initiative team that needed 42 minutes (I think that was it) to track her--in just 30 seconds ("The 'I' In Team"). I'm not sure that she couldn't best Lara even if Lara used her guns. This is assuming that the situation involves both of them knowing they were going up against each other. Buffy clearly never expected Warren to come after her in "Seeing Red"--that was a genuine surprise!

I whole-heartedly agree, however, that Buffy is a good program! :wve:

tombraider123
10-01-06, 17:19
How much i love Lara, i still think in a fist fight, Buffy would win.
Not sure about a gun fight.

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 17:21
Buffy for hand to hand, Lara Croft in gunfight... like someone already posted, that was kinda proved in Season Six with Warren :p That was deppressing... :( But yeah, Buffy has superstrength whereas Lara is mortal as far as anything else is concerned... o_O Go Buffy! :D

tombraider123
10-01-06, 17:25
But remember Season 4

Buffy vs Adam - Before Willow and Xander etc. did that spell to make Buffy uber Strong, Adam fired his machine gun thingy, and it didnt touch buffy!

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 17:28
Yeah but that was because of the spell that Willow and the rest of them cast... oh wait... I see.... huh? o.O I dont remember that bit :whi: Ok... well it musta hurt :p

tombraider123
10-01-06, 17:30
Willow and Xander and Giles were about to perform the spell.
Adam says "I've Been Upgrading"
Adam's arm turns into a Machine Gun type thing.
Buffy runs and jumps over this thing and dodges his bullets.
Does that help lol?

I still really love lara and everything BTW!

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 17:32
Ooh right... well, shes bendy! lol Ok so she missed them bullets but other than that she's not known for her gunfighting skills as such... give her a steak and she'll have Lara! :p

interstellardave
10-01-06, 17:37
Yeah but that was because of the spell that Willow and the rest of them cast... oh wait... I see.... huh? o.O I dont remember that bit :whi: Ok... well it musta hurt :p

Hi :wve:

Check my last post on page 4... I made an argument for the "Buffy vrs. guns" issue, and gave my take on the Warren affair too. See if you agree with me or disagree!

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 17:44
....last post on page four? o.O I only have 2 pages.... ooh wait, I have the setting to hold more posts lol I agree! :wve:

interstellardave
10-01-06, 17:55
You know what we really need, everyone?

Another Buffy game!

I've played the 1st one on the Xbox and it was great. I haven't played the second game yet but it's available on PS2 and Xbox. Based just on the 1st game I'd love to see more in that series!

tombraider123
10-01-06, 18:07
Buffy: Chaos Bleeds is great!, Not the best Graphics, rather like AoD.

Catlantean
10-01-06, 18:17
Lara would definitely win. I agree that Buffy's miles ahead in hand-to-hand combat, but the idea of them two fighting brings to mind this movie scene:

Ninja *jumps out of the shadows and does a load of really fancy moves*
Protagonist *shoots the ninja*

:D

Nephili
10-01-06, 18:58
Ooh right... well, shes bendy! lol Ok so she missed them bullets but other than that she's not known for her gunfighting skills as such... give her a steak and she'll have Lara! :p

Buffy Vs The Judge - Season 2 - Rocket Launcher :p

tombraider123
10-01-06, 19:02
O yes! And in season 7, she nearly killed the Principle with that very Rocket Launcher, to prove herself to RJ in Him.

Where was the launcher all these yearS?

interstellardave
10-01-06, 19:08
O yes! And in season 7, she nearly killed the Principle with that very Rocket Launcher, to prove herself to RJ in Him.

Where was the launcher all these yearS?

Funny episode! That launcher probably found its way into the Magic Shop basement, where everything showed up when needed again (like the Buffy-bot, LOL)!

tombraider123
10-01-06, 19:10
Yeh lol! And the dagonsphere in season 5, the ball thing that repels Glory.

Cat Girl
11-01-06, 13:24
i would say that lara will win. she's strong. even in a hand-to-hand.

tombraider123
11-01-06, 16:26
Not nearly as strong as Buffy - She's superhuman

interstellardave
11-01-06, 17:05
Yeah, this topic was set up to be a Buffy landslide from the start. The topic asks who would win in a "hand to hand fight". You simply can't say "Lara" unless you have no idea who Buffy is! Now, getting guns involved can change the situation and make it more interesting. I can certainly see where Lara could win with her guns but there's clearly things in BTVS that point to Buffy being able to win as well. Then again, Lara does have that supernatural "auto aim" ability...

Sofitegan
11-01-06, 18:18
buffy. dont get me wrong, laras great, but buffy is the slayer. The slayers were created from the soul of the demon. (this is explained in season 7)
Even with guns, as long as buffy had a gun she might win because she can adapt to use any weapon.
anyway, it wouldnt matter if lara DID win as her friends would just bring her back to life, like they usually do.

ben croft
11-01-06, 18:57
Lara is the best.

Nephili
11-01-06, 19:43
buffy. dont get me wrong, laras great, but buffy is the slayer. The slayers were created from the soul of the demon. (this is explained in season 7)
Even with guns, as long as buffy had a gun she might win because she can adapt to use any weapon.
anyway, it wouldnt matter if lara DID win as her friends would just bring her back to life, like they usually do.

Yea shes got good aim, like with the crossbow. Id expect it would be alot different than a gun thoguh.

tombraider123
11-01-06, 20:32
Lara is the best.

Ok, but this does not really answer the question.

Kamrusepas
11-01-06, 20:33
Yes it does :D