PDA

View Full Version : Teens gone wild

wantafanta
08-01-06, 02:10
US News and World Report, January 9, 2006

All he did was honk. And he nearly paid for it with his life. On December 26, Samuel McClain, 50, blew his horn at some 30 young people hanging out on a Milwaukee street. In a scene that seems lifted from A Clockwork Orange, 15 of them dragged McClain from his car and beat him. Witnesses said the attackers jumped off parked cars and did flips onto his head, while laughing and playing loud music. McClain needed a ventilator to breathe when he arrived at the hospital. Police have so far arrested nine suspects. In recent years, five other mob beatings have occurred in the city. "Police are rightly treating this incident as attempted murder," the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel editorialized, calling for better laws and policies to "[cushion] poor children from poverty, so as to head off more senseless beatings by teen mobs."

gamer_sleuth
08-01-06, 02:17
What does poverty have to do with anything? those punks need to be lined against a wall and shot at for doing that.

Spitfire
08-01-06, 02:23
What does poverty have to do with anything? those punks need to be lined against a wall and shot at for doing that.

I think they saying usually kids in poverty are the ones to commit crimes at such young ages.

second, there are worse things than being shot and death, they should send those kids to prison, not jail, prison, they regret their actions and wish they were dead im sure. And especially young men...im not trying to be vulgar but we all know what happens in prisons.

Geck-o-Lizard
08-01-06, 02:45
On the other hand, the guy who tooted his horn at a mob should be thankful they're not being tried for murder, and although their behaviour was extremely out of line, the driver should now be aware of the real danger of these gangs. It's a stupid idea to provoke violent teens, even in your car.

Both parties will learn their lesson, I hope.

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-01-06, 02:50
I hope so too, Geck. What the hell is wrong with people these days?

Geck-o-Lizard
08-01-06, 02:54
What was that saying? "Don't pull the tiger's tail and then act surprised when he bites you."

Tomb Raider Master
08-01-06, 08:18
Miss Croft:
What the hell is wrong with people these days?
Exactly. They are worse every day.

BlackGrey
08-01-06, 10:16
I don't understand whats happened to society, its only last year before christams i got mugged and nearly beaten up. I think people should be brought up differently from any background, taught in a way that people understand prejudice and that they understand their place in society. As for me i dont go out much...

dmc444
08-01-06, 10:33
In my humble opinion the major problem with young peoples behaviour in todays society is quite simply due to the total lack of parental guidance.
This problem is not exclusive to the less wealthy in society but has crossed all social bounderies.
If the parents don't care, what chance do the children have?

Ampersand
08-01-06, 10:56
In my humble opinion the major problem with young peoples behaviour in todays society is quite simply due to the total lack of parental guidance.
This problem is not exclusive to the less wealthy in society but has crossed all social bounderies.
If the parents don't care, what chance do the children have?

That's exactly my opinion. Whether they're poor or not, parents should bring their kids up properly. A good upbringing isn't just for the rich kids, and people shouldn't use 'being poor' as an excuse for having utterly horrible children.

And it's downright insulting for all the poorer parents to be tarred with the same brush, especially those who make an effort to bring up good kids.

Kamrusepas
08-01-06, 10:57
What the hell is wrong with people these days?

What isn't?

Nephili
08-01-06, 11:01
Man thats horrible, but as a few people have said, its not wise to provoke teenage gangs, thats why whenever im walking out at night, i avoid them.

_Mica_
08-01-06, 11:09
Man thats horrible, but as a few people have said, its not wise to provoke teenage gangs, thats why whenever im walking out at night, i avoid them.

Me too. But I avoid them even if it's in the middle of the day.

Ampersand
08-01-06, 11:11
Me too. But I avoid them even if it's in the middle of the day.

Me three, but sometimes they're unavoidable. They're always hanging round on the steps leading to Tesco's and it's horrible having to inch past them wishing you were invisible. :o

Kamrusepas
08-01-06, 11:17
We have no gangs around here. And I guess I'd look more like a member than a victim anyways... :p

Gabi
08-01-06, 13:33
What was that saying? "Don't pull the tiger's tail and then act surprised when he bites you."

But that tiger should not be one in the first place.

Personally I think there is no excuse at all for violence of that kind.