PDA

View Full Version : Things I really miss

wantafanta
08-01-06, 03:34
I miss:

When I didn't have to wear a seat belt in my car.
When a public phone was in a quiet booth and there
was a phone book inside on a chain, and there was a seat so
you could sit down.
When I could fill my bicycle tire at the gas station for free.
When I made a phone call for customer service and I actually
got to speak with a PERSON!
When you could smile at a child and not have everybody think you were
a child molestor.
When stores were closed on Sundays and you had to go a whole day without shopping.
When you bought a bicycle and it didn't have 12 extra gears you were never going to use.
When nobody swore or used dirty words on TV or the radio.

TheEveningStar
08-01-06, 03:42
I miss:

When I didn't have to wear a seat belt in my car.

For myself, i cant drive a car without a seat belt, i feel uncomfortable, weird i guess i just got used to it.

wantafanta
08-01-06, 03:50
It was nice just to be able to get in the car and go. I know what you mean. It's much safer to be belted in. My first car didn't even have a shoulder strap. There are new laws passed every year that are well intended, but they take the fun out of life. I don't like driving anymore. It's no fun. You can't see around the car in front of you because it's too big. And somebody pulls alongside you at the light with a boom box in the trunk and you can hear the car vibrating.

Geck-o-Lizard
08-01-06, 03:53
Anyone who won't wear a seatbelt shouldn't be allowed to sit in the seat of a car that can run because it's a danger to others on the road as well as to themselves if they crash. >_>

I miss:
When I could use the computer without an arsenal of firewalls and antivirus programs.
When the primary reason of owning a mobile phone was to make phonecalls with it.
When people didn't laugh at you if you were listening to your personal tape player.
Being able to live life without worrying about my fate.

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-01-06, 03:54
I miss: When stores were closed on Sundays and you had to go a whole day without shopping.

I miss this too! Even though I get most of my shopping done on Saturdays... :mis: Kidding. This was pretty nice. It seems people spend time shopping, working, whatever than spending time with their loved ones.

TheEveningStar
08-01-06, 04:03
I miss:
When I could use the computer without an arsenal of firewalls and antivirus programs.
When the primary reason of owning a mobile phone was to make phonecalls with it.
When people didn't laugh at you if you were listening to your personal tape player.
Being able to live life without worrying about my fate.
hehe, thats exactly mine too lol, i hate to be running all this firewalls and anti-virus, i got my personal firewall and my router has a built in firewall... so im even more protected, i guess is good in on way, but i just hate it that other ppl are able to access ur computer with bad intentions/without ur permission... as for viruses:hea::cen:
o and a much cleanner air lol not having to worry about global warming and the sun giving u skin cancer, ice melting in the north pole.

Geck-o-Lizard
08-01-06, 04:08
The sun exposure dilemma seems to be a lose-lose situation. If you get burnt you're at a higher risk of skin cancer, if you stay out of the sun you're at a higher risk of bowel/intestinal cancer. Lovely stuff.

Andromeda66
08-01-06, 06:27
Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maureen Errant
08-01-06, 06:31
The sun exposure dilemma seems to be a lose-lose situation. If you get burnt you're at a higher risk of skin cancer, if you stay out of the sun you're at a higher risk of bowel/intestinal cancer. Lovely stuff.

Geeze Geck-o where do you find this stuff.:) It's true though, the world is becoming a strange place and a person really has to watch what they say and do. I'ts sad when you can't be yourself.:jmp:

AnthonyShock1515
08-01-06, 06:37
I really miss

F.r.i.e.n.d.s

:(
(edit: 1,300 posts, YAY!)

RAID
08-01-06, 08:34
I miss:

Slayers
My PS1

Cat Girl
08-01-06, 12:57
i miss my old friends at school. i just left school and knew some new good friends. i miss my two sisters who traveled with their children. i miss my great old teachers. i miss being a child, i mean when you're a child you're not supposed to do this or that.:(

LaRaMaster
08-01-06, 12:58
1,300 posts, YAY!

Congrats :p

I really miss the times there were no boring people on MSN :D

Nephili
08-01-06, 13:11
I miss the first thrill of playing a computer game for the first time, it gets old afer a few years of playing it and you know it inside out.

I miss being a kid, you had no worries or responsibilities.

I miss school a little bit aswell lol.

Gabi
08-01-06, 14:38
I miss the times I felt safe living in this world.