PDA

View Full Version : Do you put your Friends before Family?

Cookin
08-01-06, 20:45
I just wondered if anyone has had problems with this issue. I know i have had a lot of trouble with close friends saying i spend to much time with my family.
I know it sounds crazy, but they are close friends and it becomes harder i think when get older.

We all have priorities and i think for some people, they find it hard to draw the line.
Or maybe it's just the sad fact that maybe my friends are not that close after all.

Kamrusepas
08-01-06, 20:45
Well, my sister is one of my best friends, so I guess not.

Cookin
08-01-06, 20:48
That's nice, me and my older brother are very close. :hug:

Real Life Lara
08-01-06, 20:48
Well I consider my friends family as theyre all really close to me... so not really o.O :D

Ampersand
08-01-06, 20:50
Too much time with your family? That's ridiculous. Your family should be the people you are closest to in your life. I know mine are, and I wouldn't sacrifice that for anyone else. My family are my friends.

xMyrax
08-01-06, 20:54
Me and my old sister are close, but there are times when she forgets about me and our plans for the day and hangs out with her friends..:(

LaRaMaster
08-01-06, 20:54
Familly are friends , u can count on them always , so spending to much time with them isn't possible !
And remember , a friend that wants that u choose him before u're famillie isn't a real friend ...

Ampersand
08-01-06, 20:56
And remember , a friend that wants that u choose him before u're famillie isn't a real friend ...

Exactly. They're up to no good. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/paranoid.gif

Paperdoll
08-01-06, 21:01
Familly are friends , u can count on them always , so spending to much time with them isn't possible !

couldn't agree more. Sometimes I get a bit sick of my family but that's because my house is always full and sometimes I like to spend some time on my own. And besides I like wrestling with my mom :p
I love my friends, and I love spending time with them, but family is family, it's another connection, that's why sometimes I'd just rather hang out at my grandmother's house, qith my cousins, uncles etc, than spending a whole day with my friends. I always end up needing a break from friends or family but still, I have to quote again LaRaMaster:

SpongeBob Lover
08-01-06, 21:07
me and my sister but she always with friends and she is almost going to college :(

Veronica Ma
08-01-06, 21:09
I just wondered if anyone has had problems with this issue. I know i have had a lot of trouble with close friends saying i spend to much time with my family.I think you made the right choice. When your family starts to say that you spend too much time with friends, then that's when you really start to suffer, i think. Family tends to love you no matter what, friends i found are not so "unconditional".

Tramp
08-01-06, 21:28
There is no substitute for family, and you have them for so short a time. Most times people you think of as friends are really acquaintances. As soon as it suits them they go their own way. Your family will always be there for you no matter what you do.

Your family should always come first.

Maureen Errant
08-01-06, 22:38
There is no substitute for family, and you have them for so short a time. Most times people you think of as friends are really acquaintances. As soon as it suits them they go their own way. Your family will always be there for you no matter what you do.

Your family should always come first.

Hear. Hear. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen that way. "sigh"

egyptiangal
09-01-06, 03:54
family first....i have 5 sisters and 1 brother and they are all my best friends before my other friends :D i love them all.. I am the youngest and my bro is the oldest so i don't really have too much in common with him considering i'm 20 and he's getting close to 40 these days... oh and yes we are all from the same parents!

oh and you all might know one of my sisters too... Lonely istari... she's 2 years older than me i'm youngest and then she's next (going up) then the rest of the fam ;)

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-06, 05:47
Family first here. :) I have two brothers that are my age, and I'd much rather hang out with them than my friends lol. I still enjoy my friends A LOT though, but I most definitely put family WAY above my friends.

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 05:52
good for you Meloni.............as an only child whose parents are both deceased, I rely on friends to be my family:)

Anubis_AF
09-01-06, 16:44
Of course not.

Cat Girl
09-01-06, 16:47
i guess i don't put friends before family. although there are some friends that i consider a part of my family.

ben croft
09-01-06, 19:11
No. Family is the only thing I can rely on.

Catlantean
09-01-06, 19:17
Actually I spend more time alone than with friends (which I'm not sure I can say I have) and family (who live in another city) combined http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/corky/smilies18.gif

LaRaMaster
09-01-06, 19:39
Actually I spend more time alone than with friends (which I'm not sure I can say I have) and family (who live in another city) combined http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/corky/smilies18.gif

Not a social person ? :p

Can understand , being alone can be wonderfull sometimes :cool:

tlr online
09-01-06, 19:41
I just wondered if anyone has had problems with this issue. I know i have had a lot of trouble with close friends saying i spend to much time with my family.
I know it sounds crazy, but they are close friends and it becomes harder i think when get older.

We all have priorities and i think for some people, they find it hard to draw the line.
Or maybe it's just the sad fact that maybe my friends are not that close after all.

I'd always put family first. It's an unwritten rule, I think.

Nephili
09-01-06, 20:52
Im not that close to my family like that. Over the past few years we have drifted apart. We still do family things and stuff, but its not a big deal if im not there for family things.

Put my friends before family? It depends on the situation really. Thats how i see it.

Tramp
09-01-06, 21:10
Family does drift apart, but you are still family. It's amazing how family are just there for you if you are in need. Like Maureen Errant I am an only child too. My mum passed away in 2003 just before I joined the forums. My Dad is still here and he is 82. Most of my immediate cousins are interstate. But when Mum passed they were all there for me. My one close friend thought I should have been over it within a day. I think I got more compassion from the local Vet just recently when my dog was sick.

Thorn
09-01-06, 21:13
How permanent are friends? You make friends, you can drift apart... I'd always put family first because they're with you forever.

BoyTRaider
09-01-06, 21:15
My family will always be above and beyond any of my friends, no matter how much I love those friends. You never know when a friend will betray you...Sorry to say this, but I have learned from life. Never trust anybody even if that person is your bestest of friends...They may always turn their back to you.
My family has always stood up for me no matter what...I owe them greatly. :)

FourBalls
10-01-06, 13:16
I've always been very close with my family. And friends too. But I smetimes think I'm even closer with my parents, than my friends. I can always trust my family and know they will allways be there for me. But as Matt sayd, you can never know when your friends could turn their back on you. Sad, but true.

Jacob x5
10-01-06, 15:50
My family are my first friends and my friends are a second family.

Draco
10-01-06, 18:44
It's quite hard to be my friend, but once you are, you are as good as family.