PDA

View Full Version : The weather where you live.

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 20:02
[/FONT]

ITS SNOWING YEAH

the other day I was complaining that it was doing nothing but raining. Well there has been 14 cm of snow in the last 6 hours.........................super.

btw I live in the Kootenay region of British Columbia, Canada.

Ampersand
09-01-06, 20:03
West Midlands, UK:

It's cold. It's wet. It's dark.

Same old same old. :D

AnthonyShock1515
09-01-06, 20:03
Well, its bery cold here...I think its.....sexy:mis:

_Mica_
09-01-06, 20:06
It's cold and dry here. :) Looked like it was gonna snow this morning but nothing. :(

Catlantean
09-01-06, 20:07
Freezing outside, summer inside (got heating on max :D).

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 20:12
Well, its bery cold here...I think its.....sexy:mis:

is that cause you have to cuddle to get warm, Anthony?:whi:

Tramp
09-01-06, 20:18
Unusually we had had a few days when the temperature has been very pleasant which was a vast improvement on New Years Day when the temperature went over 45C and I lost 2 birds in the heat, and that was after hosing them down. New Years day you could hardly breathe it was so hot.

Today is supposed to be 32C where I am. I don't know where they put the thermometer, I think in summer it's at ground level and in winter it's 3 foot above the ground. I mean to get frost in winter it has to be zero, so how come they say it's 5C. I expect today's actual temperature to be 35C to 37C. Too damn hot.

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 20:24
That's terrible to loose your birds cause of the heat. I'm so sorry. :hug: I once lost a canary case my apartment was too cold. It sucks that something so beautiful is so delicate.

BoyTRaider
09-01-06, 20:27
Here in GA (US), it's somewhat cold...but not freezing enough for snow. It might snow later in January though. :)
But...If I were in Brazil right now, I'd be up in the beach having a fun time! :D

Nephili
09-01-06, 20:48
Very cold and windy.

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 20:50
Almost everyone I know wants to go south for the winter. I don't......I love the snow. Last year I bought a snowmobile and only got to use it for 3 weeks:mad: Hopefully this time I can go really nuts.:jmp: There's a golf course just down the road that's safe to use, and they don't mind as long as there is a good layer of snow so the turf doesn't get torn up. If I'm not here for a while you'll know where to find me.;)

Geck-o-Lizard
09-01-06, 20:51
Windy, damp, cold. Was frosty this morning. Not expecting any snow this winter. :(

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 21:01
That's too bad Geck-o. Do you like to look at it or do you go out and play????:)

Thorn
09-01-06, 21:02
It's suppose to rain all week here. I absolutely love being in the rain. :)

Geck-o-Lizard
09-01-06, 21:02
That's too bad Geck-o. Do you like to look at it or do you go out and play????:)

Both. And eat it. :p Much more fun than ice cubes in a drink, if there aren't bugs and bits of grass floating about in it. Snow from the back garden means no worries about yellow snow.

_Mica_
09-01-06, 21:03
Both. And eat it. :p Much more fun than ice cubes in a drink, if there aren't bugs and bits of grass floating about in it. Snow from the back garden means no worries about yellow snow.

:vlol:

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 21:13

Yellow Snow.............................:vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
09-01-06, 21:25
A bit windy, but nice, itchy night here. :wve:

Pipolinne
09-01-06, 21:31
I'm sorry,Tramp!I hope it gets less warmer in there!

Here, icy cold and dry weather.

Tramp
09-01-06, 21:33
Still just over a month and a half of summer to go and February is usually the hottest month. Can't wait for Winter.

egyptiangal
09-01-06, 21:38
Tramp, where are you @ Brazil? (i'm taking that from what boytraider said)

anyway...it's cold here... Medina, Ohio...i'm guessing 30 degrees F or lower. no snow tho :D that's a relief!

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 21:44
We've been sitting at about 5 C for the last 2 weeks. Trees are going to bud soon, then we'll get a hard freeze and I won't have any apples this year:mad:

Tramp
09-01-06, 22:00
No Egyptiangal I'm in the outer suburbs of Sydney Australia and it gets very hot here. And very cold in winter. Although we do not officially get snow when I was a little bit younger and have come home in the early hours of a winter morning I have seen some strange white stuff on the ground that was not frost. We have had it down to -8C officially, and a couple of summers ago we had 3 days that hit over 50C. We get a very wide range of temperatures.

DragonDan
09-01-06, 22:05
Today it was 79f (26.1c)

Certainly a warm winter, even for Arizona. This usually means it will be a nasty hot summer, but I'm enjoying it now.

Maureen Errant
09-01-06, 22:17
long time no see D D

robson001
09-01-06, 22:26
...a typical one in the southern hemisphere at this time of the year (it's summer here :mad: )

Nessie
10-01-06, 00:12
It's just cold, but not snowing anymore. The snow that's left is really icy by now. And it gets dark early, too. *mutters*

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 00:32
I know.....winter sucks.................except for the SNOW (when it's fresh and all nice and fluffly):D

Tramp
10-01-06, 03:00
I was pretty right about todays temperature at around 2.30pm it was 35C.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 03:07
It's still snowing:jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Joseph
10-01-06, 04:40
Zero degrees. White frost on ground and objects. Shivering cold outside. I hate this. Very comfortably warm inside. I wish i could just stay inside for a couple of months.

Kamrusepas
10-01-06, 05:04
About -1C. The air is clear finally, it's been foggy for the past days. Strong, cold wind.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 05:18
Zero degrees. White frost on ground and objects. Shivering cold outside. I hate this. Very comfortably warm inside. I wish i could just stay inside for a couple of months.

Damp or dry cold? Never believed there was a difference until I moved here. It's very damp (ferns grow everywhere) and I find that I don't feel the cold as much as if it was dry.:)

Legend
10-01-06, 05:18
The people complaining about it being summer there don't know how lucky they are! I'm sitting here freezing my backside off.

Looks likes it gonna be another cold, ****py day...as far as I can tell *Peers through window, out into the darkness* -_-

But I guess on the other hand, the people complaining about summer might envy my freezing...ness. lol

I can't wait for summer, the only good thing about winter is the snow, and I've not seen much of that this year.

Joseph
10-01-06, 05:27
Snow is falling in huge amounts on the rarest places this year. Japan! India! Global climate is gone crazy! While this cold is normal here in Netherland's (and UK) winter anyway, we have to do without the lovely snow (which normally compensates in a way).

Now, people in India and Japan freezing to death because they are not used to the colds and the amount of snow!

regga
10-01-06, 05:35
The nice sunny Sunshine Coast of Southeast Queensland.

34c

Tramp
10-01-06, 09:37
Legend if you were sitting in heat so bad you couldn't breathe and had to turn your computer off because it was overheating, you wouldn't like it either.

Air Conditioning is expensive and the electricity cost a lot to run it and you're there with a stupid bloody fan that is just moving hot air around. I probably wouldn't complain either if 30C was considered a heat wave. I would so much rather have the cold. Just layer the clothes on, wrap a doona around myself. When it's really cold the dogs come up and snuggle into me to keep me warm. At the moment I don't have any heating at all as my slow combustion fire needs the flue cleaning, I have no wood and I am trying to renovate. My ceiling needs replacing as my roof started leaking so I can't use the fire at all, and haven't been able to for over 5 years. But I can always get warm. Roof has been replaced but I still have to do the walls and the ceiling, which at the moment I cannot do on my own.

In the summer, it doesn't matter what you wear you're still damn hot. I can't live in the bath as I would look like a prune (all wrinkled).

superstar
10-01-06, 09:43
okkies looking out the window i will give a short descriptionXD
gray dark clouds... blocking the sun and it is not even raining... :( i hate to go out in such weather but sitting at home is no better so well... i need to get out, out!! XD

Cat Girl
10-01-06, 10:49
it's been cold here. i mean the weather is cold. it's raining and there are storms. you know. and i'm talking about now. (well, this weather is temporary)

Ampersand
10-01-06, 10:51
It's still cold. It's still wet. The sky is white and there's a nasty chilly breeze blowing. But I'm sitting next to the radiator, so I'm fine. :D

LaraLuva4Eva
10-01-06, 12:17
Quite warm here in Perth, Western Australia

FourBalls
10-01-06, 13:41
It's dark, cold and snowy here, but I like it :)

EDIT: Wow, didn't notice I was so close to being a Historian. Well...now I am one :D

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 17:11
It's dark, cold and snowy here, but I like it :)

EDIT: Wow, didn't notice I was so close to being a Historian. Well...now I am one :D

Congratz and guess what I T ' S S T I L L S N O W I N G:jmp: :jmp:

Tjere is almost a foot on my railing.............soft wet snowman-making snow.:jmp: :jmp:

Jacob x5
10-01-06, 17:13
It hasn't stopped raining all day. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-014.gif

Mary CF
10-01-06, 17:13
Normally here in Canada we get ****ty cold weather at this time...

But we only had a week or two where it was really cold (mid November) and everything afterwards seems only very slightly chilly by comparison, with very little snow. Kinda like late summer, early fall temperatures.

Christmas didn't even feel like it really happened. I almost still feel like I'm waiting for it to come.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
10-01-06, 17:16
England, weather is very weird, it snowed yesturday, and now its **** **** ****, raining and wind strong enought to push u over

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 18:03

Christmas didn't even feel like it really happened. I almost still feel like I'm waiting for it to come.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya...........It rained all through Christmas:(

ben croft
10-01-06, 18:59
It's raining here, and it's cold. I just love cold weather.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 19:24
Cold enough to nip that non existant nose of yours Ben?????:hug:

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-01-06, 19:28
It's cloudy and not that cold, I finally was able to go out in a light sweatshirt without a coat, first time in a few months. This is my favorite type of weather besides the rain. :wve:

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:30
Southsea, Hampsire. Dry and dark outside my window:

Southsea By Night

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 19:31
Urgh... still cold and wet here (Highlands of Scotland :wve:) but no sign of snow up to now :( We were meant to be getting some... grr lol I hate being cold if its just wet and windy but if its snowy then bring it on! :D

Edit: Nice view ya got there TLR :vlol: :wve:

thesmallprint
10-01-06, 19:34
Cold, wet and cloudy here. It sucks. :(

madderakka
10-01-06, 19:40
it is cold here, but it won't snow. I wish it would because I feel that if it's going to be freezing you should get something out of it! edit *I am in the northeast US*

thesmallprint
10-01-06, 19:45
I feel that if it's going to be freezing you should get something out of it!

That's exactly what I think when its freezing but doesn't snow! Lol :)

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 20:09
it is cold here, but it won't snow. I wish it would because I feel that if it's going to be freezing you should get something out of it!

Where's here????? you don't have to be specific but which country would be nice.:) But if you're really private, that's O.K. too.:)

xMyrax
10-01-06, 21:40
I HATE the weather in Jordan. One day its hot and dry, and the very next day its cold and rainy. I wish we get more snow down here -.-; We only get it once or twice a year.

GodOfLight
10-01-06, 23:12
nice and sunny actually... very suprised...

Draco
10-01-06, 23:28
I like rainy weather, don't get enough of it here.

egyptiangal
11-01-06, 00:05
No Egyptiangal I'm in the outer suburbs of Sydney Australia and it gets very hot here. And very cold in winter. Although we do not officially get snow when I was a little bit younger and have come home in the early hours of a winter morning I have seen some strange white stuff on the ground that was not frost. We have had it down to -8C officially, and a couple of summers ago we had 3 days that hit over 50C. We get a very wide range of temperatures. aaah nice! I need to visit there sometime :D and thanks for answering

illuminati30
11-01-06, 00:17
Windy, damp, cold. Was frosty this morning. Not expecting any snow this winter. :(

Ah your in Scotland also! <waves>

CroftsKid
11-01-06, 04:40
cold, wet, dark, and........ rainy!!!!!! :yik:

Maureen Errant
11-01-06, 04:51
It's raining a bit here too now................ruining my lovely snow....:yik:

Kamrusepas
11-01-06, 22:45
The wind is getting just crazy. I swear it's never been so strong before.

And also, this fall was the warmest in a decade [or more, I don't really remember]. What's going on here...? :p

Paperdoll
11-01-06, 22:51
it's night time so it's a bit cold, but still it's warm (but then again my temperature sense is always a bit off, like wearing t-shirts in winter XD)
The only thing bad is the cold weather but apart from that, not a drop of rain or a bit of wind :/

Geck-o-Lizard
11-01-06, 22:53
Cold and rainy and dark, been raining and very damply cold all day today.

Ah your in Scotland also! <waves>

Yep. Whereabouts are you? Up north?

SlinkyRaider
12-01-06, 00:39
Here in USA, (the midwest) today it was raining! Can you believe it, in January it is raining?! For this time of year it should be snowing! The rain and clouds make it so depressing... :( I wish the sun would come out!

Maureen Errant
12-01-06, 05:05
Can you believe it, in January it is raining?! For this time of year it should be snowing! The rain and clouds make it so depressing... :( I wish the sun would come out![/QUOTE]

It's been raining now for the last 12 hours or so.:( ...................I've got 1.5 feet of slush...........thank (whomever) that I have a 4 by 4 truck.:)

Cookin
12-01-06, 05:07
5.08pm in Tassie, Australia Sunny but very WINDY!

Kamrusepas
12-01-06, 08:48
It's been raining a couple of days here too...

Ampersand
12-01-06, 10:15
The weather's undecided here - the air's cold but the sun's warm, and the ground's wet but the sun's shining. Nice blue sky with light clouds. An improvement on all the drizzle, though it probably won't last.

FourBalls
12-01-06, 12:27
I'm so dissapointed :mad:
It's raining here...in the middle of winter. Everything is "watery" and wet. And I wanted to go skiing today :(

illuminati30
12-01-06, 13:12
Cold and rainy and dark, been raining and very damply cold all day today.

Yep. Whereabouts are you? Up north?

Southside of Glasgow, not so far away from yourself really :-)

Andromeda66
12-01-06, 15:53
Well, it was pleasant here a little while ago. Now its just really hot in the afternoons and windy in the evening . But I like the evenings all the same. Its roughly 25 degrees and goes up to 3q in the afternoons.

ben croft
12-01-06, 16:25
Cold enough to nip that non existant nose of yours Ben?????:hug:

lol :D

My nose is sexy. Look what I have to do every day to look so sensual:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/bencroft/gabm-54.jpg

Geck-o-Lizard
12-01-06, 16:56
It's been raining cold rain and very windy all day today. Feels way colder than it actually is (it's 10c but it feels closer to 2c)

Maureen Errant
12-01-06, 18:00
lol :D

My nose is sexy. Look what I have to do every day to look so sensual:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/bencroft/gabm-54.jpg

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Tramp
12-01-06, 20:01
I woke up this morning to rain, wonderful, beautiful rain. Not heavy and not just a sprinkle but the soft gradual rain that really soaks the ground. God I hope we are getting this in the water catchment as well.

Weather Bureau tells us we are going to be like this until at least Monday with temperatures mainly between 27C to 31C with the possibility of showers Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Absolutely delightful.

Maureen Errant
13-01-06, 07:15
I'm absolutely delighted that it's snowing again