PDA

View Full Version : Left or right handed?

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:06
As the title says. Or... anyone ambidextrous?

tombraider123
10-01-06, 19:08
right

Titanium
10-01-06, 19:08
Right :)

Pipolinne
10-01-06, 19:09
Except writting,I'm capable of making the same things with both the right and the left hand.

And how about you :D?

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:11
Right handed. Altho I can play catch with both fine.

Ampersand
10-01-06, 19:14
Right-handed. It's so pathetic when I try to write with my left - it looks like a two-year-old's scrawl. :o

GodOfLight
10-01-06, 19:16
left-handed :p :yah:

i wouldn't want it any other way! :D

Scottlee
10-01-06, 19:17
Right

Why not slip a poll in, TLR?

zgubilici
10-01-06, 19:17
Right-handed, but I can do a lot of activities with both hands the same way.
I can also coordinate them very well, because I play piano :D

interstellardave
10-01-06, 19:19
Right, definately. I'm decent with my Left though.

tlr online
It won't let me edit and add a poll :(

Apofiss
Right, also a little bit of left handed - "two-year-old's scrawl" :D

Ampersand
10-01-06, 19:20
It won't let me edit and add a poll :(

It seems the forum is rebelling! :yik:

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 19:31
Both..............born left,:) forced to go right,:( play golf, baseball etc left, can write both ways,:jmp: :jmp: very fine motor controlled activities(like chopping onions) with my right.:D

Thorn
10-01-06, 19:32
Weirdly, both. I use my left hand mostly. :p

Pipolinne
10-01-06, 19:35
I'm sorry you had endure that,Maureen!It's barbaric!

It's the technology taking over the man ( the penguin,the Lord of the Sith,the penguin of the Antarsith ;))!

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 19:36
Right handed :wve:

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 19:39
[QUOTE=Pipolinne]I'm sorry you had endure that,Maureen!It's barbaric!

thanks Pipolinne:hug: .....one of the side effects of being forced to use your other hand is a stutter..........I don't have it bad....only when I get mad, then some of the words get a little wierd.:)

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:41
That's very interesting Maureen. Did this develop after?

ben croft
10-01-06, 19:42
Right handed.

Pipolinne
10-01-06, 19:43
One day,I'd like to know why this pathetic...no,this isn't pathetic,this is crazy...this obcession against the left hand!!I don't know about other countries,but in Portugal,there are very few things made for left-handed people to use!

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-01-06, 19:44
I'm ambidextrous. :wve:

LaRaMaster
10-01-06, 19:45
Right handed here :)

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 19:46
Yes it did tlr. It' like the brain doesn't know which side to use. I've read that singing helps when you stutter....................but I think it would be really hard to sing when you're mad...lol

thesmallprint
10-01-06, 19:47
Right handed. :)

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:47
Yes it did tlr. It' like the brain doesn't know which side to use. I've read that singing helps when you stutter....................but I think it would be really hard to sing when you're mad...lol
There is a dominant and submissive side to the brain. The dominant side is normally the opposite side of your writing hand. What’s interesting here is that the two sides of your brain could be fighting itself for dominance, causing the stutter.

Ampersand
10-01-06, 19:48
One day,I'd like to know why this pathetic...no,this isn't pathetic,this is crazy...this obcession against the left hand!!I don't know about other countries,but in Portugal,there are very few things made for left-handed people to use!

I don't know why either, it's really strange. But here it's not so much an obsession AGAINST left-handed people (there's a very good shop in town that sells things especially for them), more a sort of nosy fascination, like anyone who writes with their left hand is a bit weird.

I for one would love to be ambidextrous...no more drawing cramp... :)

Draco
10-01-06, 19:49
I do different things with different hands, sometimes at the same time. I can only write with my right however.

I can eat with either hand, but I usually use my right when eating with my family...my grandfather always seems to notice when someone is using their left hand. =/

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-01-06, 19:49
What’s interesting here is that the two sides of your brain could be fighting itself for dominance, causing the stutter.

Whoa, that's something! I've never heard of such a condition. I wonder if there's a name for it... Must be!

Kamrusepas
10-01-06, 19:50
Left-handed :wve:

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:53
Whoa, that's something! I've never heard of such a condition. I wonder if there's a name for it... Must be!
Yes there is. I'm on Google atm trying to find some more info. We covered this in my psychology A-level.

tlr online
10-01-06, 19:57
OK. CLICK HERE (http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm)

Hemispheric Dominance Inventory Test

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:03
Here's my results:

You responded as a right brained person to 6 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 12 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.

Linear - Processing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression
Sequential - Processing information in order from first to last
Symbolic - Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols
Logical - Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem
Verbal - Processes thoughts and ideas with words
Reality - Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

MORE INFO HERE (http://www.web-us.com/brain/LRBrain.html)

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:04
b/w this would be conducive to me being right handed, that my left hemisphere is dominant over my right.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 20:07

This is really interesting tlr.....answered as truthfully as I could and got 7 left and 8 right.

Real Life Lara
10-01-06, 20:09
Im deffinitly left brained :p I got all left, no right. o_O Strange...

Ampersand
10-01-06, 20:09
Apparently I'm half of each. :confused:

I took a similar test a while ago, and kept the link: Left Right Brain Hemisphere Personality Test (http://similarminds.com/left-right-brain-test.html)

My results were (a bit conflicting, my brain can't make up its mind):

Right Brain 66.8%
Left Brain 33.2%

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to be Right Brain Dominant.

Dunno what this is trying to say about me. :vlol:

Pipolinne
10-01-06, 20:10
Slightly off-topic: It's funny you had psychology,too :)!

I remember I learnt that,too,but it's been a while...I'm feeling old :(!

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:10
This is really interesting tlr.....answered as truthfully as I could and got 7 left and 8 right.
I thought that would be the case. Here's another test:

I'm a member of Tomb Raider Forums and my name is Maureen.

Get two pens and a piece of paper. Place both hands 30 centimetres apart and - using both pens - write this sentence from each end. You should be able to do this fine, and both hands will meet in the middle.

Think of it as a new party trick ;)

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 20:19
I thought that would be the case. Here's another test:

I'm a member of Tomb Raider Forums and my name is Maureen.

Get two pens and a piece of paper. Place both hands 30 centimetres apart and - using both pens - write this sentence from each end. You should be able to do this fine, and both hands will meet in the middle.

Think of it as a new party trick ;)

:jmp: :jmp: how many coolers will I have to have imbibed first???:p

Kamrusepas
10-01-06, 20:20
My results were (a bit conflicting, my brain can't make up its mind):

Right Brain 66.8%
Left Brain 33.2%
Hey, check out my results:
Right Brain |||||||||||||| 59.6%
Left Brain |||||||||||| 40.4%
:D

DragonDan
10-01-06, 20:21
Mainly right handed, but I have ambi tendencies. My father is a south-paw, so I suppose I grew up with that influence. I do lots of stuff with my left hand, but I'm glad I am mostly a righty.
You have any idea what a Left-handed Les Paul guitar costs? Outrageous!

thesmallprint
10-01-06, 20:22

Very interesting.
I'm hoping to take psychology A level in September.
My results were:
"You responded as a right brained person to 3 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 15 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."

Tramp
10-01-06, 20:27
I'm right handed. But I also do a lot with my left hand. I learnt to touch type many many years ago when we only had manual typewriters. This was the equivalent to playing the piano. It also meant that the little fingers were stronger than normal. Playing the piano is the one of the other ways to strengthen the little fingers. With old fashioned typing it was hitting the shift key all the time for Capitals.

I also rode horses for many years and have owned a number of them. I always preferred to use a double rein bridle. When used correctly the top rein controlled the direction and used the index finger and the middle finger. The bottom rein was for stopping and used the ring finger and the little finger.

I can't write very well with my left hand but probably could if I practised.

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:28
I'm right handed. But I also do a lot with my left hand. I learnt to touch type many many years ago when we only had manual typewriters. This was the equivalent to playing the piano. It also meant that the little fingers were stronger than normal. Playing the piano is the one of the other ways to strengthen the little fingers. With old fashioned typing it was hitting the shift key all the time for Capitals.

I also rode horses for many years and have owned a number of them. I always preferred to use a double rein bridle. When used correctly the top rein controlled the direction and used the index finger and the middle finger. The bottom rein was for stopping and used the ring finger and the little finger.

I can't write very well with my left hand but probably could if I practised.
Morning Kate :wve:

Forgive me for going off topic, but do you stil ride?

Tramp
10-01-06, 20:36
Morning Justin. I wish. I haven't been on a horse since the 90's. I haven't owned a horse for well over 25 years. Agistment is quite expensive over here. At one stage I was a strapper in race horse stables. They wanted me to become a jockey, mainly because of my size, 5 ft 1 in and 7 1/4 stone wringing wet. They used to hate me Saturday mornings as they were fasting and going to the sauna, I would be there eating cream cakes and never put on an ounce. I could also stay on a horse pretty well. Don't like falling off, it hurts too much.

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:37
Morning Justin. I wish. I haven't been on a horse since the 90's. I haven't owned a horse for well over 25 years. Agistment is quite expensive over here. At one stage I was a strapper in race horse stables. They wanted me to become a jockey, mainly because of my size, 5 ft 1 in and 7 1/4 stone wringing wet. They used to hate me Saturday mornings as they were fasting and going to the sauna, I would be there eating cream cakes and never put on an ounce. I could also stay on a horse pretty well. Don't like falling off, it hurts too much.
I would be very interested to read about that. Have you ever thought about writing it all down?

Tramp
10-01-06, 20:42
Not you too. I cop this all the time with Bird Information. They are really just anecdotes of memories. I don't think I would really know where to start.

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-01-06, 20:43
I'm right handed, and also answered 7 out of the 11 questions from the right side of the brain answers. So I guess that makes sense. :p However, I use my left foot more than my right. Like kicking a football or something.

tlr online
10-01-06, 20:59
Not you too. I cop this all the time with Bird Information. They are really just anecdotes of memories. I don't think I would really know where to start.
The beginning is as prudent a place as any. :o

Jacob x5
10-01-06, 21:03
:wve:

I write with my right hand.
I eat left-handed (fork in the right, knife in the left).
Most other things I do left-handedly, although statistically I'm right-handed.

Tramp
10-01-06, 21:12
Ha Ha Ha No joking Justin.

Pablo.CT
10-01-06, 21:15
im right handed

Geck-o-Lizard
10-01-06, 21:16
Write with my right hand.
Eat with the fork in my right hand.
Play FPS' in the right-hand format with right to aim and left to move.
Pick up drinks with my right hand.
Press the shortcut commands with my left hand (ctrl+alt+del is a bit difficult to do left-hand-only unless you use your nose, though)

Anubis_AF
10-01-06, 21:19
I can write and do things with both hands. But the only thing I cannot do with my right hand, is draw designs(for some reason drawing isn't possible with my right hand).

Tomb Raider Master
10-01-06, 21:20
I'm right-handed. :wve: But I can also write with my left hand if the writing surface is standing vertically in front of me. In all other business I use my both hands. :)

Angel666
10-01-06, 21:29
my brain can't make up it's mind. "You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. " I write with my right and it's legible with the left but it l00ks like a kindergardeners writing. I cant draw left handed th0ugh. I can eat with either.

PS: my key between i and p isnt w0rking and will be substituted with 0 until I can get a new keyb0ard. S0rry f0r the ann0yance.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 21:36
Sorry to go off topic, but using the 0 instead of the o looks kinda cool.............You might have started something new inadvertantly.:p

Catlantean
10-01-06, 21:39
Ambidexterous.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1804/smilies2po.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I write with the right, it's more practical for left-to-right scripts because that way I don't smudge my writing (Arabic I'd probably write with the left for the same reason). So my left-handed writing is somewhat stringier than the right-handed due to lack of training :) As for drawing, when I draw on paper I often draw with both at the same time, works wonders for symmetry. Wish my tablet was capable of tracking 2 pens :D

Kamrusepas
10-01-06, 21:41
Sorry to go off topic, but using the 0 instead of the o looks kinda cool.............You might have started something new inadvertantly.:p

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is in no way new :wve:

Nephili
10-01-06, 21:49
Im right handed, i use my right hand for alot of thing's, my left is quite useless lol.

My dad is left handed though.

Catlantean
10-01-06, 21:51
As for the test, I got 10 for right-brained and 8 for left. Makes sense, maybe, since when I first started writing, I started left-handed (but this changed very soon, since the left-to-right script we all use isn't very practical for the left-handed).

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-01-06, 21:53
LOL Cat, they looked the same to me! :p

Henhead
10-01-06, 23:13
Right

Hurrah4Lara
11-01-06, 00:02
I am right-handed, yet I do some things left handed eg hold a glass - and I can achieve a surprisingly powerful octave-hopping "walking bass" when I play stride piano or rocknroll piano!:jmp:

I can do my coin tricks with either hand.:cool: My best one is rolling coins around the fist over the fingers in both hands simultaneously!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: Very few people can do this!

H4L:wve:

egyptiangal
11-01-06, 01:13
i am mostly left handed but i guess i could call myself Ambidextrous... i can only handle scissors in my right hand. if i try cutting paper using my left hand it just bends. I use my right hand sometimes for certian sports-volleyball, baseball, bowling... funny thing- if i try to write with my right hand it seems easier for me to write in cursive..it doesn't look like chicken scratch either :D silly silly!

Maureen Errant
11-01-06, 01:30
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is in no way new :wve:
Hiya Kam don't worry about my bubble, it's the right hand one.:p

SpongeBob Lover
11-01-06, 02:37
when i was little i could write with both hands, but then my teacher talked to my mom and told her to get me used to one hand!i write with my right hand but do every thing in my left

xMiSsCrOfTx
11-01-06, 02:39
i can only handle scissors in my right hand.

They make both left and right handed scissors. :D

Jacob x5
11-01-06, 06:25
I took the test and ended up getting 13 questions left brained and 5 right brained. However, I can also tell you that 3 of those questions were answered no brained, as I don't know what hunches are and I don't take dance lessons (Also, it's not up to me where the furniture goes, but I know that if it was up to me I'd keep it where it was most of the time). :wve:

Maureen Errant
11-01-06, 06:52
:vlol: :vlol: Oh Jacob

Lonely Istari
11-01-06, 07:51
Right :wve:

^ though oddly enough I'm using my left hand in that smiley.

Yes. I'm retarded...

Cat Girl
11-01-06, 08:29
i'm right handed. and i find it very difficult to write with my left hand. but there are people who write with their feet. iwonder how they could do that!

Neteru
11-01-06, 08:44
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

Um, no, I don't think so. 9 each is equal.