PDA

View Full Version : Where's your rubbish going?

Cookin
10-01-06, 20:58
What do you do with your rubbish? Be HONEST.

I do some cleaning in the movie cinemas part-time and i am STUNNED at the ammount of rubbish left behind! I mean i dont mind the cleaning up,it's my job,but there is only a set time to have the job done.

My question is, do you make the effort to put your rubbish in the bin?
Or, too lazy to put it in the bin and leave it on the floor or seats?

This question applies to general rubbish habits.

tlr online
10-01-06, 21:00
You know. In an age where identity theft is rife, you'd be surprised just how much info someone can find from routing through your rubbish...

Cookin
10-01-06, 21:02
I guess so, but not unless you leave you ID in your popcorn box, Coke cup and so on...But i am very weary what i throw away in regards to personal info.

*EDIT* I guess what i'm trying to say is, just remmember that people like me have to pick up YOUR rubbish and i just hate the attitude of "Oh well, someone else wiil do it"
I just hope there are some people out there making an effort to help others keep public places clean.

Kamrusepas
10-01-06, 21:03
... you'd be surprised just how much info someone can find from routing through your rubbish...

Some secret hobbies you'd like to tell us about, TLR? :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-01-06, 21:04
Well, I have a shredder at home, and I'm extra careful as to not leave my ID or any credit cards in a cup or anything. I always double check to see if I'm leaving anything behind, because accidents do happen. :o

Nephili
10-01-06, 21:05
I alway's put my rubbish in my bin, or if i miss when i throw it to my bin, it end's up on my bedroom floor :D (Quickly placed in the bin afterward's)

lorien elf
10-01-06, 21:07
I'm so paranoid about losing that sort of stuff... I've been told that some of those people who do steal identities actually don't stop at sifting through someone's garbage--they'll just put on some gloves. That's kind of sick, not to mention yucky. And as far as leaving a mess behind, I most of the time feel pretty guilty so I try not to leave something yucky behind. I throw away my drinks as I'm leaving, especially since it's not that hard to do. Besides, it's easier that way if you think about how it would be if no one were cleaning those rooms and all the other people's trash were just allowed to accumulate. I don't like the folks who leave gum or other questionable substances behind, mostly the floor... eh, yeah, so that is bad.

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 21:08
When I first moved here I was delighted to learn that almost everything could be recycled...........plastic, tin, composting bins. I do my own composting, and what the deer don't eat goes in the garden. Then the recycling contractors changed and now the only plastic items they'll accapt is milk containers. I used to have one garbage bag every two months.....now I have one every two weeks...............We should be recycling more not less.:hea:

tlr online
10-01-06, 21:09
Do you shred your bills and paperwork?

Cookin
10-01-06, 21:11

I burn them, in an open fire.

zgubilici
10-01-06, 21:12

I do :)

Geck-o-Lizard
10-01-06, 21:12
I always chuck my rubbish in the bin, or I stick it in my pocket if there are no bins nearby. At home we recycle our paper and cans and bottles and stuff.

As for personal info, thieves would be welcome to my bank details, there's nothing there to withdraw. I don't destroy them though, in case I lose my bank book or need them or something.

Cookin
10-01-06, 21:14
As for personal info, thieves would be welcome to my bank details, there's nothing there to withdraw.[/QUOTE]

:vlol: Sounds like me!

Maureen Errant
10-01-06, 21:18
I burn them, in an open fire.

AAAAHHHHH the tried and tested Tomb Raider way.:jmp:

Tramp
10-01-06, 21:55
Any personal information (bank statements etc.) I shred. What leftovers the dogs don't get goes into the compost. We have a special wheelie bin for recyclable products (glass, paper, plastic etc).

When I'm out rubbish either goes in a bin or if none is available into my car (I would rather rubbish that) I smoke so ciggies are usually put out and put into a bin not just dumped on the ground especially if I am at someone elses place out in the yard ciggies are put out and buts put in my packet or my bag. I don't smoke in their house unless they are smokers also.

Maureen Errant
11-01-06, 01:12
I smoke so ciggies are usually put out and put into a bin not just dumped on the ground especially if I am at someone elses place out in the yard ciggies are put out and buts put in my packet or my bag. I don't smoke in their house unless they are smokers also.[/QUOTE]

Good on you...............I smoke too and I hate seeing soggy butts all over, especially on the golf course. (Don't play too well, but I like to whack that ball around) The course here even has recycle bins for the golfers to use and I'm always amazed at how many DON'T..............:(

Satu
11-01-06, 01:22
I always pick up after myself, I never leave rubbish around in public places. At home I have seperate recycle bins plastic, paper, cans and I do shread all my personal paperwork.

Jacob x5
11-01-06, 05:32
:wve: :)

I always throw all my litter in the bins and it's always been a habit of mine. To this day I've never thrown any litter on the floor, and if I have it would be something de-gradable like banana skin, and even then it would go into a bush so it's not just thrown in the middle of the footpath where people have to walk. I'd never dream of littering to be honest, and whenever I accidently drop litter I always, no matter the circumstances, pick it up. No matter how far from a bin I am I always keep the litter with me until I get to one. I'm simply shocked at the amount that some people litter, and how they've made it a bad habit. I know myself that I've never littered in my life, yet everyday when I get on the bus I see someone casually throw their ticket onto the floor as they get on (there's a bin at the front - they just walk past it! :yik:) Some people do it without thinking. I think, and don't do it. :tmb:

I always like to be conciderate. When I've been somewhere public like sitting on a bus or in a cinema or whatever, I always make sure I leave it the way it was when I got there - how the next person would want it. If it was already messed up then you'd probably find that after I'd been there it wouldn't be (or, if I'm too disgusted by it, then maybe I woudn't go there in the first place :p).

Maureen Errant
11-01-06, 05:58
The only thing I'll throw out my window when I'm driving, like Jacob said is something biodegradeable........................Like an apple core........If the earth doesn't claim it, a squirrel will.:p

Cat Girl
11-01-06, 12:22
to be honest, i used to throw the rubbish on the floor, and in my school. but now, i find it nasty to throw it on the floor. and i think that the grown ups sometimes do this, when they're in the car, they throw rubbish on the street!!