PDA

View Full Version : Money from the sky

LaRaMaster
11-01-06, 20:18
A few hours ago i go to the bank , paying somethin' from ebay , when i want to return i saw 40 euros down on the floor , off course i picked it up :D
It happend many times i found money

Are there people who faced the same situations ? And did u bring the money back or just kept for u'rself ?

Kamrusepas
11-01-06, 20:20
I never find money....

xMiSsCrOfTx
11-01-06, 20:20
I was at Six Flags Great America once (a theme park if you don't know what that is) and I found $60 blowing across the sidewalk, so I picked it up, returned it to the small information desk near where I found it, and they told me to keep it. I felt bad for whoever lost it, but if you think about it, there were thousands of people there. The owners probably wouldn't have remembered where they lost it. I've found money at school too, but I always give it back.

Janny
11-01-06, 20:21
40 euros?! :eek: Man, you are so lucky! :tmb:

Ampersand
11-01-06, 20:32
I found fifty pence once... :rolleyes: :D

tombraider123
11-01-06, 20:34
Found a £10 note near my house, kept it.
Found a £5 note at a park and kept it.

_Mica_
11-01-06, 20:34
I found fifty pence once... :rolleyes: :D

:vlol:

I've often found money on the floor in school, but never in the street. :)

Ampersand
11-01-06, 20:35
:p

Come to think of it, I did find someone's wallet once. No money in it - just a rather ominous police letter...

Kamrusepas
11-01-06, 20:37
No money in it - just a rather ominous police letter...

Ohhh, sounds interesting :D

Ampersand
11-01-06, 20:38
And some used train tickets, so this guy had obviously been doing a runner... :pi:

Janny
11-01-06, 20:45
Once I lost some money, not too much, and the next day I found the exact same amount on the street (really lucky :D ).

Geck-o-Lizard
11-01-06, 20:55
Found a 20 pound note in a puddle once, couple of years ago. Found a five pound note in the park on my way home just after Christmas. Have found loads of two pounds, pounds (won't tell you where I found the last two I picked up) and fifty pences.

jamieoliver22
11-01-06, 21:18
I found £5 on last Saturday in the street.... I pocketed it :P

(On my stepdads 50th birthday, he found a £50 note!!! No joke!)

J

Greenkey2
11-01-06, 21:53
See a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck. I find pennies quite regularly down the back of sofas, but 40 euros??!! :eek: Buy a lottery ticket quick, your day's lucky! :P

Tomb Raider Master
11-01-06, 21:57
Once I found some money (about $18) underwater and about $9 in front of a fast food. :) But 40... You're lucky! :tmb:

ben croft
12-01-06, 17:05
I found R$10,00 (U$22,00) years ago. :D

Catlantean
12-01-06, 17:21
I found money on the ground a few times, but it was always small amounts. Once I found a wallet with around 50 euros, but it also contained the person's documents so I mailed it back to him, money and all. Yeah, I'm so pointlessly kind, I know :p

JamesFKirk
12-01-06, 17:45
Don't have time to watch what's lying on the floor.

Geck-o-Lizard
12-01-06, 17:50
Don't have time to watch what's lying on the floor.

That's why people end up tripping over low kerbs and standing in dog muck. Finding cash down there is the bonus of watching where you walk. ;)

I occasionally get dreams where there's loads of small change scattered about the ground, and I always go to pick it up intending to buy something to eat with it. :p

Scottlee
12-01-06, 17:54
If I found a wallet I would hand it in to the police station. If I found money I would just keep it. I'm not exactly going to start putting posters up on lamposts saying "Found 1000 in a paper bag today. If it's yours, call the number on the bottom of this leaflet and I'll give it back to you".:)

The most I've ever found is 1. Leeds, disappointingly, is nothing like the Parisian Ghetto.

Tomb Raider Master
12-01-06, 18:21
Scott:
Leeds, disappointingly, is nothing like the Parisian Ghetto. :D I think that none of the cities are. :p

Jacob x5
12-01-06, 18:26
Most I've ever found is about 20p. My dad found a pound once. :p

LaRaMaster
12-01-06, 19:06
3 Years ago i found €70 in the sea of Spain (believe it or not) i was scared that it didn't count anymore cause it was wet , but after all they accepted it :D

Maureen Errant
12-01-06, 19:15
I've never been that lucky to find bills................find lots of change though:)

Sofitegan
12-01-06, 19:17
If I found a wallet I would hand it in to the police station. If I found money I would just keep it. I'm not exactly going to start putting posters up on lamposts saying "Found 1000 in a paper bag today. If it's yours, call the number on the bottom of this leaflet and I'll give it back to you".:)

The most I've ever found is 1. Leeds, disappointingly, is nothing like the Parisian Ghetto.
lol scotlee!
i found a fiver on the floor once. it was just after my birthday, when i had recieved quite a bit of money for that anyway...
if i found a wallet/purse i would hand it in at the police station. if i found money i would keep it, after checking nobody was looking around on the floor frantically.

One time i found a pound coin on the floor, but when i tried to pick it up, i discovered it had been superglued to the floor! i hope nobody saw me...

Anubis_AF
12-01-06, 19:40
Leeds, disappointingly, is nothing like the Parisian Ghetto.

OMG, this is a good one! :vlol:

The most money I ever found was about 100$. It wasn't in a wallet, so.. :D

scion05
12-01-06, 20:11
well...
i think my mum once found £200.00 and yeah she kept it lol
i once found £20.00 and had to split it, but we spent it on the sims lol

Hurrah4Lara
12-01-06, 22:18
Once I lost some money, not too much, and the next day I found the exact same amount on the street (really lucky :D ).

I like that.:cool:

If I found a wallet I would hand it in to the police station. If I found money I would just keep it.

When I was little, I found a bank note blowing in the street and handed it in to the police station. I went back a month later and the policeman gave me the note and told me never to forget I had been good.:cool:

So I find "pengar" (pennies) on the street most weeks and I always pick them up. :cool:

H4L:wve: