PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Meal and Drink???

Pablo.CT
13-01-06, 19:34
Just a general inquiry.

My Favourite Meal has tobe Spanish Bolengise (sorry for the spelling) with Olive oil crisp bread with Salmon pattie.

I dont drink Alcohol never want to either, so my Favourite drink im gonna be adventurouse and say Ice Cold water.

_Mica_
13-01-06, 19:35
I don't have a fav meal but I love Cheese Toasties!! :jmp: Fav drink as gotta be... Not sure. I have lots. :wve:

Kamrusepas
13-01-06, 19:40
Rice [yes, just plain rice] and Coca-Cola [original].

Mona Sax
13-01-06, 19:43
Still Chicken Curry and Coke (not together, though).

Ampersand
13-01-06, 19:44
I have too many favourite meals, and most of them are of Filipino origin, so I won't bother to name any. I like meals with rice, though.

And my favourite drinks are probably Shloer and...erm...water. I dunno, water just refreshes me better than other drinks.

EDIT: And chocolate of course! Dairy Milk, Bournville, Toblerone, chocolate ice cream, chocolate sponge, M&S Belgian Chocolate Biscuits! (Yes, I'm fussy about my biccies.) :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-01-06, 19:44
Pepperoni pizza and Dr. Pepper, not exactly the most healthy, but it sure tastes good.

Greenkey2
13-01-06, 19:45
Ohhhhh god I can't decide :cln:. I love cookery and food from every corner of the world (except grubs and chocolate-coated ants :mis:).

Probably something with pasta, in cheese/tomato/basilslashgarlicslashoreganoslashanyotherwonderful herb, with chebata bread (warm with melted cheese and rock salt) and leafy salad.

So anything remotely Italian really ;)

Hurrah4Lara
13-01-06, 19:52
Spaghetti alla Puttanesca - most Fridays!:yah:

Drink: Red wine :cool: [and cider, if I am allowed to say two drinks- but not mixed with the wine of course!:yik: ]

H4L:wve:

Hurrah4Lara
13-01-06, 19:55
Ohhhhh god I can't decide :cln:. I love cookery and food from every corner of the world (except grubs and chocolate-coated ants :mis:).

Probably something with pasta, in cheese/tomato/basilslashgarlicslashoreganoslashanyotherwonderful herb, with chebata bread (warm with melted cheese and rock salt) and leafy salad.

So anything remotely Italian really ;)

Greenkey, I wrote my message before you posted!:hug: I would invite you round, but there's never any left!!!:D

Maureen Errant
13-01-06, 19:56
Chilli and Beer.........:jmp:

No seriously, can't stand beer...........do like chilli tho
with homemade cornbread in the bottom of the bowl

Henhead
13-01-06, 20:04
Kebab with extra chilli sauce and a pint of cold larger.

Followed with a toilet roll in the fridge for the morning! :eek:

_Mica_
13-01-06, 20:04
Kebab with extra chilli sauce and a pint of cold larger.

Followed with a toilet roll in the fridge for the morning! :eek:

:vlol:

Maureen Errant
13-01-06, 20:07
Oh my Hen.....:jmp:

Tramp
13-01-06, 20:19
I also have too many to list them all.

Ampersand I also love Filipino. I had Pork Barbecue last night. I also love Pansit, Adobo, Suman (this is a dessert). I have rice with most meals including baked dinners. Steamed rice is really nice with gravy. Really must make some Suman this week.

Another favourite is Escalopes of Veal in Mushroom Sauce served on hot buttered noodles (usually bow tie noodles).

Drink just found a new one it's Honey Malt and Chocolate Milk.

Also Beer, Whiskey and Coke, Pernod and Coke and good White Wine. Not all at the same time though. Soft drink Ginger Beer.

Real Life Lara
13-01-06, 20:30
Erm... Italian crust pepperoni pizza and chocolate cream frapachino :D

BlackGrey
13-01-06, 20:36
Lasgane and favourite drink has to be hot chocolate or italian lambrusco wine :D

Ampersand
13-01-06, 20:39
Ampersand I also love Filipino. I had Pork Barbecue last night. I also love Pansit, Adobo, Suman (this is a dessert). I have rice with most meals including baked dinners. Steamed rice is really nice with gravy. Really must make some Suman this week.

OMG, I love adobo and pansit! And lumpia, ginataan with fruit for dessert, champorado for breakfast... :jmp:

Tramp
13-01-06, 20:44
Filipino Pork Barbecue has to be my favourite Ampersand. I cut the pork up yesterday morning and marinated it until last night, the put it on the skewers and cooked it. It's better on the barbecue but I just did it under the grill. There are so many variations to the recipe but I use sliced onion, lemon juice, lemonade, soy sauce, cracked peppercorns and brown sugar for the marinade.

I could smell it marinating all afternoon, god it was making me hungry.

ben croft
13-01-06, 20:50
If I say 'my favourite drink is ...', does it have to be alcoholic drink? :confused:

Ampersand
13-01-06, 20:52
Filipino Pork Barbecue has to be my favourite Ampersand. I cut the pork up yesterday morning and marinated it until last night, the put it on the skewers and cooked it. It's better on the barbecue but I just did it under the grill. There are so many variations to the recipe but I use sliced onion, lemon juice, lemonade, soy sauce, cracked peppercorns and brown sugar for the marinade.

I could smell it marinating all afternoon, god it was making me hungry.

Sounds lovely! I like barbecued food, but we really aren't able to have barbecues often, what with the rotten whether here. Our barbecue's a bucket of rust anyway... :vlol:

There's so much food I like, now I think of it. Seafood...I love squid and mussels, and we had whelks recently. And octopus coated in cornflour and fried. *drool*

It's a pity that some people's idea of an adventurous meal is a Chinese takeaway or curry-in-a-bottle. They don't know what they're missing! :jmp:

Where would we be without good food...? :D

Smith will Suffice
13-01-06, 20:54
i seriously have an addiciton to chicken parmesan.

mmm

when made properly its so satisfying and quite simply delissiosso!!

Drink for me would be any kinda juice, not a big fan of pop. love iced tea and milk too.

-Smith

Tramp
13-01-06, 21:00
Before I got a proper gas barbecue all I had to work with was a little Hibachi. They run with heat beads (compressed charcoal) You could us one of them under a big market umbrella. Used to do that regularly in wet weather before I had an awning to put the barbecue under. The Hibachi is cast iron and quite portable. Just put it out of the weather when not in use.

Your right about the curry in a bottle, usually tastes awful. I usually make all my sauces etc. from scratch.

My favourite seafood is Lobster, Prawns (the big ones), Crab, Calamari oh yum.

Pablo.CT
13-01-06, 21:47
Thanx everyone for ur views, all this talk about food is making me hungry, specially the way u ppl are describing ur fave meals.

I have had the Flu for a couple of day's though so my tastebuds are on the fritz

Catlantean
13-01-06, 22:03
Fav food: It's a tie between chilli con carne and stir-fried beansprouts with rice

Fav drink: Jasmine tea

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-01-06, 22:41
Favorite food.... This one is kind of tricky. I like grilled chicken salads a lot though.

Drink: good ol' water. :)

regga
13-01-06, 23:27
Stir fried chille mud crab & a cold beer is just one of many :)

lorien elf
14-01-06, 00:39
Cool thread. Me likes vegetarian chilli 'cause it's usually spicy and tasty, and regular chilli with lots of hot sauce like tobasco, and I love the curry chicken I've had in err restaurants and stuff. Hm, stupid dorm life doesnt usually allow for these luxuries though, lol, but I also love lasagna with hot sauce as well, and garlic bread, sometimes cheese bread. And with that, I love 1% or skim milk and vanilla coke (just as fav drink) or mt. dew and ice cold water too when I'm really thirsty, like now. Oh yes, and I love orange juice too! :D

Tramp
14-01-06, 01:21
I'm with you Regga. Yum.

SlinkyRaider
14-01-06, 01:23
One of my favorites is pizza with Pepsi! Hehe :p